You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOS Minutes with Purslow meeting

Red_or_Dead

If Purslow is deemed worthy of trust based on him being a genuine supporter then he will understand why, and make allowances for, SOS doing what they have done.

If he doesn't understand that then he is not worthy of that level of trust and SOS will have been fully, fully vindicated in their actions.

To be honest it looks like Purslow HAS made allowances - as of the end of today there has been no noises from Purslow in objecting to the SOS minutes has there?

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're missing the fact that if the £100 Mill is found then the debt will go down to £137 Mill - that will be a much much lower interest payment on the debt leaving more profit in the club and the transfer budget will improve simply because of that.

Dropping the current debt also makes it easier to get funding fro the new stadium which will just about double the match day takings - again improving the transfer budget.

But even then when the debt has dropped to £137 million we would still be taking on the debts of building the stadium which would require more lending, even if some sort of construction loan was in place whereby we dont start paying until after completion surely we would end up topping that 137 up in the meantime?

I think you're missing the fact that if the £100 Mill is found then the debt will go down to £137 Mill - that will be a much much lower interest payment on the debt leaving more profit in the club and the transfer budget will improve simply because of that.

Here I disagree. If someone invests 100 million in something, he will want to have a return, an interest, however you wish to define it. Banks lending money is just an investment, a private person making an investment is just lending money.

Only vanity investments (like Chelsea and ManC) are based on a premise that no immediate return is needed. If a business invested 100 million in LFC, they would want similar or better return than they could get somewhere else. So, eventually the club would pay, unless we find someone with a lot of extra dough. The banks would be happier just because they wouldn't have to risk their money.

Dropping the current debt also makes it easier to get funding fro the new stadium which will just about double the match day takings - again improving the transfer budget.

It may make it easier to get more money from the banks, and it will of course eventually improve the transfer budget. But not with the initial 100 million or while the stadium is being built.

I like that you describe yourself as a suit, even if a minor one. Do tell me what one has to do to qualify as 'a suit'. It's Duncan Oldham speak.

I own a couple by the way if that helps. Someone on here even has a linen suit but I can't remember who.

Like I said I like jeans, so I'm just a minor suit, in fact just half a suit most of the time. I don't know how anyone can convince anyone here that they're not like Duncan Oldham or what they are or what they do. Whatever I say about it, someone will call me Code or Duncan, so it really is pointless. I do not know personally anyone here, so there's no one to vouch for me, either.

If you find my posts unconvincing based on the substance, then obviously in your world I'm not a suit, not even half of one.

Guest ShoePiss
Like I said I like jeans, so I'm just a minor suit, in fact just half a suit most of the time. I don't know how anyone can convince anyone here that they're not like Duncan Oldham or what they are or what they do. Whatever I say about it, someone will call me Code or Duncan, so it really is pointless. I do not know personally anyone here, so there's no one to vouch for me, either.

If you find my posts unconvincing based on the substance, then obviously in your world I'm not a suit, not even half of one.

I see, how do you post wearing your suit?

StraightJacket.jpg

Here I disagree. If someone invests 100 million in something, he will want to have a return, an interest, however you wish to define it. Banks lending money is just an investment, a private person making an investment is just lending money.

Only vanity investments (like Chelsea and ManC) are based on a premise that no immediate return is needed. If a business invested 100 million in LFC, they would want similar or better return than they could get somewhere else. So, eventually the club would pay, unless we find someone with a lot of extra dough. The banks would be happier just because they wouldn't have to risk their money.

Why would someone invest in us if they wanted an immediate return? We have no free cash to pay dividends, any money we do get is either needed for interest payments, or to build a stadium, or to stop the horrible spanish man going on TV and moaning about shit. We are the very definition of a non-immediate return capital growth opportunity.

But even then when the debt has dropped to £137 million we would still be taking on the debts of building the stadium which would require more lending, even if some sort of construction loan was in place whereby we dont start paying until after completion surely we would end up topping that 137 up in the meantime?

I think the point of the reduction of the debt is that if that is done, the banks would then be willing to "finance" the stadium build.

I think the point of the reduction of the debt is that if that is done, the banks would then be willing to "finance" the stadium build.

Someone else explained it better. They're clearing their credit cards ready for a new spree :)

Although getting someone else to clear their cards and getting a new joint credit card is more like it.

Why would someone invest in us if they wanted an immediate return? We have no free cash to pay dividends, any money we do get is either needed for interest payments, or to build a stadium, or to stop the horrible spanish man going on TV and moaning about shit. We are the very definition of a non-immediate return capital growth opportunity.

That's exactly it. Why do you think that G&H have spent close to 3 years looking for someone to invest in LFC (having big banks working on their behalf) and why do you think that a person with the background of Purslow has hard time finding the investment? Possibly because everyone asks the same questions?

I assume that eventually someone will find some money from somewhere. But I see little difference on the pitch in the next few years, regardless of what happens (apart from another sugar daddy, which is unlikely).

It may make it easier to get more money from the banks, and it will of course eventually improve the transfer budget. But not with the initial 100 million or while the stadium is being built.

I'm sure all the potential investors understand the level of returns they will get - and no matter what people think, thats the world we're in now.

I don't agree with your assertion that any potential investors would want a return equal or better than they could get anywhere else - look at Standard charter who are doing it to get the 'World famous name of Liverpool FC' associated with their own brand. Many many companies invest in one way or another simply to associate themselves with a world famous brand. Again, thats the world we're in nowadays.

Finally, the investment of £100 Mill WOULD improve the transfer budget immediately simply because the interest payment would reduce drastically and therefore more of the club profit would go into the transfer pot.

To be honest it looks like Purslow HAS made allowances - as of the end of today there has been no noises from Purslow in objecting to the SOS minutes has there?

Is anyone naive enough to think that Purslow wasn't put out by SoS version of the minutes.

Does anyone truly believe that Purslow was caught off guard and SoS betrayed his confidence.

Purslow's as slippery and sharp as they come,do people really think that Purslow didn't deliberately want some of that stuff leaking.

I don't know what Purslows plans are,but I have a hunch which I have no evidence to back it up,

but I don't rule out Purslow heading a Consortium to buy out Hicks and Gillett.

Lets see.

Is anyone naive enough to think that Purslow wasn't put out by SoS version of the minutes.

Does anyone truly believe that Purslow was caught off guard and SoS betrayed his confidence.

Purslow's as slippery and sharp as they come,do people really think that Purslow didn't deliberately want some of that stuff leaking.

I don't know what Purslows plans are,but I have a hunch which I have no evidence to back it up,

Lets see.

I can't disagree with ANY of that - although that's not the initial point you made and I answered.

I am usually very negative about everything to do with these fuckers but I think the Yanks are pissing against the wind now. I cant see them getting investment on their terms. Full takeover forced by the bank is the only outcome in my opionion because I really cant see anyone so stupid to giving the club 100million and then expect fuck all in terms of percentage in return.(only maybe if they have intentions of buying the club outright in the future)

Its going to get ugly but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Lets see.

I agree.

I'm sure all the potential investors understand the level of returns they will get - and no matter what people think, thats the world we're in now.

I don't agree with your assertion that any potential investors would want a return equal or better than they could get anywhere else - look at Standard charter who are doing it to get the 'World famous name of Liverpool FC' associated with their own brand. Many many companies invest in one way or another simply to associate themselves with a world famous brand. Again, thats the world we're in nowadays.

Finally, the investment of £100 Mill WOULD improve the transfer budget immediately simply because the interest payment would reduce drastically and therefore more of the club profit would go into the transfer pot.

Standard Chartered's involvement in LFC is not an investment as such, it is a contract where they pay a certain amount of money to get a perceived return, which is harder to measure than the interest on a loan, e.g. As far as I've understood, the amounts they pay depend on our success in different competitions.

Anyway, have it your way. Just remember that even if we do not pay interest to the bank, we may pay a profit to the investor. Most investors want their profits. The club's profits would pay for theirs, unless they do not want a return on their investment.

You keep saying that mate but how if after the 100 Million is paid in we will then almost straight away be taking on more debt in order to build the stadium?

Lets see.

If the Man Utd brand is valued at $1.3 billion by Forbes then Liverpool fully equiped with a shiny new stadium cannot be too far behind. As you have stated Purslow is a sharp guy and he knows there is a significant opportunity here.

Standard Chartered's involvement in LFC is not an investment as such, it is a contract where they pay a certain amount of money to get a perceived return, which is harder to measure than the interest on a loan, e.g. As far as I've understood, the amounts they pay depend on our success in different competitions.

Anyway, have it your way. Just remember that even if we do not pay interest to the bank, we may pay a profit to the investor. Most investors want their profits. The club's profits would pay for theirs, unless they do not want a return on their investment.

Investors profits would be paid through dividends which would be paid (Normally) yearly. No way would these dividends amount to the same value as the interest saved.

I'm not arguing that you're right or wrong, I'm simply pointing out the known realities.

You keep saying that mate but how if after the 100 Million is paid in we will then almost straight away be taking on more debt in order to build the stadium?

I'm led to believe that the stadium financing will be done on a different model and will to all intents and purposes be self funding in much the same way that Arsenals is.

In the financial network in Norway there is confirmation that Christian Eidem is in Liverpool this week to negoitate a deal on behalf of his arab clients. Which arabs, what kind of deal, and in what degree these negotiations are in final stage is unknown. But I will give you more info when I pick up more.

First of all i would like to applaud SoS for their great work and effort in "reclaiming" Liverpool FC from people who clearly should be elsewhere. And if it matters, I for one think it was the right thing to do to post both sets of minutes from the meeting, seeing how the club stalled getting back to them on the issue and seeing how in the end they had a totally different view on how the minutes had past. Again well done SoS, and a special notice for PeeG and Graham for taking the time and effort to be upfront and patient with all the questions and feedback from the rest of us.

Now I just came across this and it made me wonder how it could effect us if it went trough. Hopefully it won`t make Hicks`s position at the club "better" then it is today, as the worst thing in my opinion is if anyone of these two goons can hold on to the club for much longer.

Tom Hicks considering selling the Dallas Stars | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News

Liverpool's Tom Hicks seeks to sell NHL's Dallas Stars | Football | guardian.co.uk

(Sorry if the links have been posted before or posted on another tread. I could not find them so it`s all done in good faith).

I'm led to believe that the stadium financing will be done on a different model and will to all intents and purposes be self funding in much the same way that Arsenals is.

Im not talking about after its built though, im talking about between now and when its built. I know once its up and running it will be paid for over a long period but surely they wouldnt give us a facility of £300 million with out having to pay anything for 3 years while it is built. We wouldnt even get naming rights cash until after it was built either.