You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa to Juve?

Rocky Sullivan

Ted, why do you and other people who want Rafa out always refer to his wages in a way that suggests he is grossly over-paid? You suggest it is obscene whereas it is relatively average for a top 4 premiership manager.

People who argue against Rafa's management and throw in comments like that, for me, belitlle their opinions.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Ted, why do you and other people who want Rafa out always refer to his wages in a way that suggests he is grossly over-paid? You suggest it is obscene whereas it is relatively average for a top 4 premiership manager.

People who argue against Rafa's management and throw in comments like that, for me, belitlle their opinions.

In one

Yeah, with your sticking words into peoples mouths. I don't care to discuss his transfer successes/failures.

I'm saying that Rafa Benitez has built this squad, this is the squad that he wants, and its the worst that I've ever watched in a Liverpool shirt. (Degrees of shite, just to not start an argument about that)

Valencia was a squad built by someone else, and Rafa couldn't change it into what he really wants, and was forced to utilise the players that he had at his disposal.

Ok, lets make this simple

Should Rafa be able to choose who does or doesn't sign for the club?

Yes or No

That's not what I'm talking about, it's what you want to talk about.

Your not going to answer the question are you?

Thought not

They aren't failures Andy you are right but that is defeating the point of the argument as half of them don't play for us anymore.

I would happily take all of those ones who don't play for us anymore.

Say Bellamy over Riera, Crouch over N'Gog or Voro (who he bafflingly chose over Crouch on numerous occasions), Momo over Lucas, Sami over Kyriakos, Garcia or Yossi is a tough one granted.

I don't think he needed to sell any of those players really did he?

Babel came in when Bellamy left and Keane came in when Crouch departed. Both were failures (though Babel had a decent first season). He took a risk and lost out. Them's the breaks.

I'm not sure he has the luxury of any masterplan in the position he's in though. I'm sure he was pretty confident that the Vidic, Simao, Malouda and Alves deals were wrapped up along the way too. All have been successful at the big clubs they went to and would have benefitted us greatly. He's more often than not had to land Transfer Target B or C because of this, which is obviously risky.

That's the difference between ourselves and United, Chelsea and City. We lose out on even moderately priced players when clubs play hardball with us.

Say what now? Where's my last post in the thread?

I'm saying that Rafa Benitez has built this squad, this is the squad that he wants, and its the worst that I've ever watched in a Liverpool shirt. (Degrees of shite, just to not start an argument about that)

Valencia was a squad built by someone else, and Rafa couldn't change it into what he really wants, and was forced to utilise the players that he had at his disposal.

Rafa was forced to utilise the players he had, or got given, at Valencia and turned them into La Liga winners. Then how is it that his man-management and his ability to get the best outta his players has been greatly criticised?

Rafa was forced to utilise the players he had, or got given, at Valencia and turned them into La Liga winners. Then how is it that his man-management and his ability to get the best outta his players has been greatly criticised?

I don't feel that his man-management and getting the best out of the players was the case, Ian. He wasn't given subpar players, he was given 'non-rafa' players and forced to devise a way to play them.

I don't feel that his man-management and getting the best out of the players was the case, Ian. He wasn't given subpar players, he was given 'non-rafa' players and forced to devise a way to play them.

Fair point although I still feel if he was able to get a way for Valencia to win the league then he's capable of doing better with us. That to me points to more external reasons for our mis-firing this season.

Rafa knocked that deal back mate, and I've seen the evidence to back that up, but you will read about it one day.

Didn't we have a fee agreed and then they upped it by about £2 million or something? At the time I remember thinking "good move we don't want to be held to ransom". Now I wish we had pushed the boat out!

Why would I let you change the topic? You know full well that you can't stick your tongue up Rafa's ass on the subject that I'm discussing.

So what was the point of the Valencia post?

Nice dodge btw, not for the first time.

And good one on the personal abuse, touch of roid rage perchance?

The deal was agreed and Alves was given permission to talk to us, Rafa told the board it was too much for him, and asked them to cancel the deal.

Some people are fed so much shit by his people that it really winds me up when you see the truth. But one day it will all come out and I'll sit back and watch some real shit hit the fan.

It's always important to know the full story and all sides to be able to form a clear opinion. How much was too much for Rafa? Was the 'too much' going to have an inpact on not being able to complete another signing?

So what was the point of the Valencia post?

Nice dodge btw, not for the first time.

And good one on the personal abuse, touch of roid rage perchance?

I've discussed it with another poster, if you would read the thread, then perhaps you would have an idea what I was talking about.

As for the emboldened part, really? You're seriously mistaken if you think this message board causes me emotional distress.

Del Nido is not a modest man (he refers to himself as the 2nd most important person in Seville....., behind the Pope), he is utterly ruthless & he has the best DoF in the business working for him.

Believing that was ever close to actually selling us Dani Alves for just £12m is utterly absurd.

He was playing games with us.....

Del Nido is not a modest man (he refers to himself as the 2nd most important person in Seville....., behind the Pope), he is utterly ruthless & he has the best DoF in the business working for him.

Believing that was ever close to actually selling us Dani Alves for just £12m is utterly absurd.

He was playing games with us.....

Which leads to the most important question.

How much money was he on?

At one time I used to naively believe the random numbers and salary's quoted by papers, tv, insiders etc. The reality is numbers tended to be twisted to whatever propaganda needs to be fulfilled. Unless the company is a plc or the books at the end of financial year end are inspected everything else is mainly speculative.

He isn't doing the job of a top 4 manager since he signed his new 5m a year contract and got all the control he wants is he? Yes or no? So technically, unless we finish in the top 4 he is being overpaid and if he is sacked and gets his pay off he has been rewarded for failure. He or any ''top 4'' manager should lose the right to any pay off if they fall below what their minimum remit is. Which in Rafa's case should always be a top 4 finish at worst.