You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke Match Thread. Saturday 16/01 Away 12:45pm Kick Off

rubberduckstyle

It's probably a bit early to start this thread considering the injury concerns to Torres, Gerrard and Yossi but I need to focus on something other than last nights horror movie.

If fit -

---------------Reina----------------

Degen--Carragher--Agger--Aurelio---

Maxi----Gerrard----Mascherano--Reira

-------------Pacheco---------------

----------------Torres---------------

If injured -

--------------Reina------------------

Degen--Carragher--Agger--Insua-----

Maxi----Lucas-----Aquilani--Babel----

------------Pacheco-----------------

----------------Ngog---------------

I thought Degen did ok last night and Pacheco needs to start for me regardless of who is injured or not. It's high time someone gets dropped and we will start with Kuyt.

If Benitez wants to save his job he has to make an example of the nonsense that was on show last night. Lauri Dalla Valle should be on the bench also and Maxi is included so long as he has clearance to play?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke

If we don't see a reaction from the players and management for this game and Spurs at home next Wednesday then things are going to get nasty. Babel shouldn't get anywhere near the pitch and young Pacheco should be given a start if Torres is injured/ Not fit enough.

if torres is injured kuyt will start up front with yossi on the right and aurelio infront of insua

if gerrard is also injured then i can see a centre midfield of lucshit and masch with maybe aquilani playing behind kuyt

we don't need to be wasting money we haven't got bringing in a right back. degen has improved this year and is at least as competent on the right as insua is on the left.

maxi won't start, rafa's probably be still showing him kuyt videos and what he expects of a defensive attacker.

Based on yesterdays performance the defence should be :

Reina

Degen- Skrtel - Kyrgiakos - Aurelio

I know it will never happen but Carra, Agger and Insua deserve to be benched.

In midfield just Aqua deserves to start with Masch.And maybe give Maxi a run out if his fitness is good after Christmas holiday.

Kuyt, Lucas and Gerrard don´t deserve to play.

And attack? It is so sad that in case of Nando´s injury we have only choice in Ngog.

if torres is injured kuyt will start up front with yossi on the right and aurelio infront of insua

if gerrard is also injured then i can see a centre midfield of lucshit and masch with maybe aquilani playing behind kuyt

we don't need to be wasting money we haven't got bringing in a right back. degen has improved this year and is at least as competent on the right as insua is on the left.

maxi won't start, rafa's probably be still showing him kuyt videos and what he expects of a defensive attacker.

Class!!

Wouldn't be surprised if Maxi didn't start, and there's probably no way he'll start with Patches.

Would guess at :

----------------pepe

degen-----carra-----agger------aurelio

-------mascher!-----lucas

kuyt----------aquilani------------maxi

---------------n'gog

Ah I put maxi in, I'm tired.

Wouldn't be surprised if Maxi didn't start, and there's probably no way he'll start with Patches.

Would guess at :

----------------pepe

degen-----carra-----agger------insua

-------mascher!-----lucas

maxi/babel----------aquilani------------aurelio

---------------kuyt

Ah I put maxi in, I'm tired.

I think it will be this, though that's not what i'd play.

Is Maxi even eligible? Has the deal officially gone through, lot of the papers reported he was going back to Spain to finalise his pay off or something. He fuckin better be, can't be any worse than the current shit.

It's awaiting international clearance.

Michel signed for Brum on Tuesday and only got his today so hopefully we get it tomorrow.

Knowing our club though we won't rush it through.

I think they'll do us.

Without Stevie and Nando the rest of them will just fold with another lacklustre display.

Pepe will probably be a hero but he'll only be able to hold out to a point.

Fuck i'm depressed.

He might aswell throw Pacheco in, the shitbag players he has been putting in so far havent done fuck all for him this season so why not show a bit of bottle himself and drop the cunts, starting with our flying dutchman.

Mascherano is still suspended so can't play, even if he is fit now, which I doubt.

Time for the team to man up and put in a performance, because everyone knows what Stoke are about, and they won't give us a minutes break from pumping long balls into our box, or playing for set pieces around the penalty area.