You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It was a dive. And it was unpalatable. And for me, at least, it wasn't a penalty. I would rather N'gog didn't start doing this regularly and getting himself the sort of reputation Drogba has, but I'm not going to condemn him. He's a promising footballer and I hope he learns from this.

As for us getting the draw from cheating - I couldn't care less. So what? The decision was the referee's. He gave it. It happened. It's not like we don't have any decisions go against us, is it?

And just two further points. Firstly, the media are only putting the boot in because they sense the blood of a manager of one of the 'big four'. They'd dearly love to pick at Benitez's carcass, which is why they're piling the pressure on in a way they otherwise wouldn't. It makes me laugh that we're expected to be good little boys and take our medicine when a decision like the beach ball incident goes against us ( and let's face it we did the right thing and didn't make anything of it), but when a decision goes against someone else in our favour then the other team are allowed to cry about it. Fuck the media.

Secondly, Lee Carsley is a rancid glob of putrid knob cheese. If I were Carsley, instead of drawing the public's attention to my hideous visage I'd bury my face in a Phantom of the Opera Mask lest I mentally scar future generations of children. The fact this cunt of cunts is apoplectic about the decision renders the whole incident highly amusing. It's just a pity the ref didn't yellow card the fucker as well. If Birmingham miss out on safety by two points I'm going to laugh my cock off, and I'll be sending Carsley one of those pre-printed signed photos of N'gog with "Enjoy the Championship, Love" written above the signature, with some kisses after it. Once a dedicated Blueshite, always a cunt.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out, it could have been thanks to Fat Sam!!!

BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Allardyce hits out at ref Walton

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce has launched a stinging attack on referee Peter Walton after watching his side defeated 6-2 at Arsenal on Sunday.

Allardyce was left fuming after the official failed to give a penalty for Thomas Vermaelen's apparent trip on David Dunn when the score was 3-2.

"It was a blatant penalty," he said. "In the pressure pot of this league, you have to get major decisions right.

"If they (the officials) are not good enough, we should find someone who is."

TV replays suggested Vermaelen did indeed trip Dunn in the box, an offence that not only might have brought a penalty but also a red card for the defender.

And Allardyce was incensed after the match, claiming he had no choice but to speak out about Walton's performance.

"I try not to say too much publicly and say it through the system but unfortunately the system is not working so I have to be heard," he said.

606: DEBATE

Yes, Sam, it probably was a pen and it may have been a pivotal moment in the game. But the final scoreline was 6-2

SportsFan

"People may say it is bitter or twisted, but I know I am 100% right because I am very professional in what I do. I research everything and (referees' chief) Keith Hackett knows I am right.

"I don't want to detract from Arsenal, but it was blatant.

"There is no doubt in my mind that the position of the referee was excellent. He just didn't, unfortunately, give the decision in our favour.

"It is human beings in a very big pressure position. If you do not get the major decisions right you don't stay in this league too long - not as a manager or a player, so as a referee you have got to be judged the same.

"That decision wasn't good enough and it had a major effect on the course of this game."

It is not yet clear whether Allardyce will face disciplinary sanctions for his comments.

But the 54-year-old, whose side had twice taken the lead before falling behind to Andrei Arshavin's goal, insists the decision was a turning point in the match.

"At that particular stage you would see us getting a penalty, probably scoring it, them going down to 10 men - because it is a red card for stopping a goal-scoring opportunity - and the balance swings in our favour," he said.

I hate the fact that he dived. But I am pleased that we got the penalty cos I genuinely believe we deserved it. It was a stupid reckless challenge that made no contact with the ball and stopped N'Gog from being able to control the ball. He never touched N'Gog which is fair enough but he made it impossible for N'Gog to continue and he did that without touching the ball. It was a foul.

I think it was both a penalty and a dive. Probably why he booked both of them.

Carsley came in from the side recklessly and with studs up. Refs have been specifically told to come down hard on this type of tackle. Once Carsley threw himself at the ball and missed it had to be a penalty and it would probably have been a red as well if N'Gog hadn't dived out of the way. Carsley should be thanking him as N'gog saved him a three match ban.

Having said that, N'Gog was wrong to dive but in mitigation it's the first time I've seen him dive and as he's a young player it's ridiculous how much criticism he's getting when the likes of ronaldo and drogba do something similar (but not so obvious) every game.

I think it was both a penalty and a dive. Probably why he booked both of them.

Carsley came in from the side recklessly and with studs up. Refs have been specifically told to come down hard on this type of tackle. Once Carsley threw himself at the ball and missed it had to be a penalty and it would probably have been a red as well if N'Gog hadn't dived out of the way. Carsley should be thanking him as N'gog saved him a three match ban.

Having said that, N'Gog was wrong to dive but in mitigation it's the first time I've seen him dive and as he's a young player it's ridiculous how much criticism he's getting when the likes of ronaldo and drogba do something similar (but not so obvious) every game.

Pretty much what i have been saying in this thread. It was a dive. Of course it was. Doesnt mean it wasnt a penalty though, there doesnt have to be contact.