You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm far from convinced that the Yanks spelled out the situation before he signed the contract. Something tells me that Rafa believed there would be more funds available considering we seemed to go to such lengths to line up Tevez and David Silva, when he had to go to the Yanks with a begging bowl just to get Kyrgiakos in.

I'm not trying to lower expectation and I was amongst those who thought it ridiculous that we offered Rafa a five year contract extension. The reality is though that he signed that contract and has that deal for the next five years, he works for probably the worst employers possible, the names being mentioned by the glory hunters i mentioned earlier would not dream of tarnishing their reputations with our current board and their piss-take budgets.

Owners are cunts. No two ways about it.

As you have said, they might not have told Rafa the true picture. But, to me, Rafa's silence means he is happy. He keeps saying the squad is good and better than what people think. Why should I ignore him and blame the owners for the squad everytime the same squad delivers shite week in week out (ok, the last week was an exception).

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you have said, they might not have told Rafa the true picture. But, to me, Rafa's silence means he is happy. He keeps saying the squad is good and better than what people think. Why should I ignore him and blame the owners for the squad everytime the same squad delivers shite week in week out (ok, the last week was an exception).

Or he realizes moaning ain't gonna work anymore.

Or he realizes moaning ain't gonna work anymore.

Probably. Never stopped him from doing it though.

After all, it got him a new deal, Torres and contracts for the players he wanted to keep. He also managed to sack plenty of people and give contracts to all of his backroom staff.

That tells me that all his moaning from the past has worked.

Maybe moaning could help his cause. Lets face it, it did two years ago. Unless like stated, he has nothing to moan about.

Two years ago no-one in the club would listen to him. They didn't answer his calls, read his emails.

He now meets with Purslow every day, he knows the score IMO and he's been consulted on what to do about it and he's doing the best he can with what he's got.

Probably. Never stopped him from doing it though.

After all, it got him a new deal, Torres and contracts for the players he wanted to keep. He also managed to sack plenty of people and give contracts to all of his backroom staff.

That tells me that all his moaning from the past has worked.

Agree, but he's got everything he asked for and he's part of the inner circle now. IMO anyway.

Don't believe it mate, £2m fine if he criticises those in charge, that's why he's keeping his thoughts to himself.

Two years ago no-one in the club would listen to him. They didn't answer his calls, read his emails.

Lots on here suggest that Rafa was "promised" something and that the owners didn't keep the promise as they had to reduce the debts.

To me, THAT is more severe and damaging than not answering calls or read his e-mails.

I don't know what really happened but I can't imagine a man like Rafa keeping quiet if he didn't know what was going to happen this summer.

Don't believe it mate, £2m fine if he criticises those in charge, that's why he's keeping his thoughts to himself.

Well, if that is true, and if Rafa signed his contract with THAT clause in his contract, I have no reason to believe Rafa has the club in his mind.

Don't get me wrong, if Rafa never moaned in his career or at LFC and if he is silent now, I won't be asking the question now. But he did, plenty of times, in public, week in week out. And suddenly he was happy to agree to the £2m fine clause? Mmm........

he's being kept quiet because he's Purslow's bitch and can get sacked if he says anything, they probably have it in that new contract

I doubt he's happy to play kids or was happy to fight to sign the greek for 1.5m, you wont hear anything bad unless he goes. You lot are mad to assume he would say anything and risk being sacked just to let the fans know so we can march some more and type furiously on keyboads (it doesnt change anything)

Well, if that is true, and if Rafa signed his contract with THAT clause in his contract, I have no reason to believe Rafa has the club in his mind.

Don't get me wrong, if Rafa never moaned in his career or at LFC and if he is silent now, I won't be asking the question now. But he did, plenty of times, in public, week in week out. And suddenly he was happy to agree to the £2m fine clause? Mmm........

He got Parry out, control of all transfer activity, control of the Academy, a pay rise, the club's top players contracts extended and the staff he wanted. All of that was going to come with a price and that was obviously a clause that he is unable to blame the Yanks when things are going pear-shaped.

He got Parry out, control of all transfer activity, control of the Academy, a pay rise, the club's top players contracts extended and the staff he wanted. All of that was going to come with a price and that was obviously a clause that he is unable to blame the Yanks when things are going pear-shaped.

He can't blame the yanks when thins are going pear-shaped. He knew the score. He signed the contract, and most importantly, he asked for control. He has to answer for it now.

so we put out a team with our 4th choice centre half, 3rd choice right back, a kid at left back, a freebie support striker, torres 80% fit, lucas having had a virus all week - we boss the game but concede two stupid goals - then get two players sent off for fuck all - at a club that beat united and chelsea at home last year - but we expect to win - not deluded at all really

we spent 20 mil on a midfielder who were told will be fit in a month - subsequently find out its three - thats appalling that is - we also lost a 30 million pound midfielder - meaning we lost out on 10 mil and thats supposed to make us stronger? yep we should be doing better - no delusions there either

we are struggling this season out of form, loss of confidence, too many injuries a series of tricky away fixtures - some very odd goings on beach balls and insane red cards - all down to the managers inability to build a squad ( having finished 2nd last year) and his stupid substitutions based on people on the internet knowing the squad better than him but we aint deluded

our average players are being shown up for what they are - ok when dropped into a winning side but average when put into a struggling one - blame rafa for not having 22 first team players if you like - but spurs have spent 50 mil more getting their squad together and city 100 million - ignore the hard facts all you want wont change a thing - our resources and wages say we'll finish 5th - only good management and a decent 12 th man can change that being the most successful club and having 18 titles wont chnage a bleedin thing

i thought you were deluded not stupid

He can't blame the yanks when thins are going pear-shaped. He knew the score. He signed the contract, and most importantly, he asked for control. He has to answer for it now.

They lied about our budget to him though, why else were we actively going after players like Tevez and Silva? Just because Rafa signed a contract forbidding him to speak out doesn't mean he wasn't stitched up. Fans aren't stupid though and we work these things out for ourselves even when Rafa is gagged.

They lied about our budget to him though, why else were we actively going after players like Tevez and Silva? Just because Rafa signed a contract forbidding him to speak out doesn't mean he wasn't stitched up. Fans aren't stupid though and we work these things out for ourselves even when Rafa is gagged.

The budget wasn't finalised when Rafa was going for Tevez and Silva.

When chelsea sacked scolari ,they brought in Hiddink , who turned out to be a great signing for them, Abramovich obviously has good contacts,so i'm wondering who the yanks would turn to for advice.

I still think Rafa should get more time but if he doesn,t how can we trust the yanks to make the decision on a new coach when they know fuck all about football.

I know rick parry was in charge of stuff like that in the past, but purslow is just a money man isn,t he ?

Who would they ask?

It just might be better to stick with the devil you know

Pardon the halloween pun

Ah, that would be the Abramovich who thought Avram Grant would be the answer, followed by Scolari. Did he use his “contacts” for these decisions? Hiddink came in because Abramovich funds the Russian national side and he already had a relationship. It was a short-term favour.

just supposin he over achieved when he got 2nd last year - that actually we pay the 5th highest wages and have the 5th most expensive squad and our expectation should be 5th - if you 'expect' to finish any higher then on what basis 'because we are Liverpool' - 18 titles dont earn you a point in the league - so on what basis 'should' we expect any better?

Because our manager should be better than the other top 4? Based on experience, Wenger and Ferguson have more. Based on Talent? Well according to half of those on here he is shit - we should actually be finishing 20th

We had a whole team out injured and Torres was playing with an injury which is why he was taken off - we did not take advantage of being the better team by a mile in the first half and we paid the price - our second string and also rans aren't good enough - thats why they are second string and also rans - and he bought them because he doesn't have the money to buy 22 first team players like his rivals do - our first 11 stack up against anybodies - he bought them - our econd string doesn't

everything else on here is about agenda's that have been running all season - and it is friggin shameful - ynwa unless the shower of shite on here or 606 is anything to go by

Excellent response. I was about to respond but noticed that you had already done a far better job. Airbags also does not realise that his comparisons with last year ignore the fact that the team is also operating in a different environment with with Spurs, Villa and Citeh all having strengthened.

Why did Fulham bother turning up today, considering the difference in wage-bills of the two clubs?

Sunderland? Villa?

I could go on...

The Sunderland and Villa who have outspent us in the transfer market? The Fulham who beat a full strength Man United side (the eventual PL Champions) by two goals last season. I could go on but I think it would be wasted on your prejudiced view of our manager.

The Sunderland and Villa who have outspent us in the transfer market? The Fulham who beat a full strength Man United side (the eventual PL Champions) by two goals last season. I could go on but I think it would be wasted on your prejudiced view of our manager.

The Sunderland and Villa whos wage bill is considerably less than ours, and then some.

Where do the people who are still backing Rafa expect us to finish this season. Now we are being told that Sunderland and Villa should finish above us because of the money they have spent in the transfer market.

In theory I am assuming Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Spurs, City, Villa, Sunderland should all finish above us? My how our standards have slipped.

So people will make excuses if we finish 8th this season then. If we finish 9th then can we safely say Rafa has underachieved?

Simple question, are Sunderland, Villa and Fulham better than us?

No. That was our overall coefficient ranking at the end of last season, based on the 5 years to 2009.

Our performance last season earned us 23 points - the 7th best in Europe, or the 4th in the champions league only.

But in 2008 we got 26.8 points

In 2007 29.4 points.

So last season was worse than the previous two if you're using the pointless UEFA rankings. And it'll be even worse this year.

Progress?

You mean based on the success in the CL our manager has delivered over the past five seasons. Where did we feature pre-Rafa? A couple of bad results and we get this garbage. The fact that we have the same coefficient as Chelsea – a side that has spent a great deal more on players and has a wage bill twice that of our own – is nothing short of amazing.

You mean based on the success in the CL our manager has delivered over the past five seasons. Where did we feature pre-Rafa? A couple of bad results and we get this garbage. The fact that we have the same coefficient as Chelsea – a side that has spent a great deal more on players and has a wage bill twice that of our own – is nothing short of amazing.

A COUPLE?!

City has players that would walk into our team:

Barry, Ireland, De Jong >>>> Lucas, Spearing, Plessis

Lescott, Toure, Onuha(whatever) >>> The Greek. (I'd take Lescott over Skrtel to be honest. Agger is better when fit)

Bridge >> Insua(But I like him and he's got potential)

Richards >> Degen

SWP >> El Zhar

Tevez, Santa Cruz, Robinho, Abadabadoo, Bellamy >> All strikers except Torres

That's 14 outfield players that would walk into our team. Only the Centerbacks wouldn't walk into the first team squad... depending on fitness.

Tevez, Robinho, Bellamy would walk into the starting XI at Left forward.

Barry, Ireland, De Jong would walk in and snatch Lucas' place faster than a speeding bullet.

They also aren't hemorrhaging points. They are going to finish in the top 4. (I reckon that they have a good chance at winning the title to be honest)

They have also just spent 200m in the past year.