You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Raven

dave u

Guest Simon1973

It's high time some of these young lads from the acedemy where brought down to Melwood. These lads are our future and lets hope David is joined by many more young lads coming through the Ranks. :yes:

Hope this spells the end for the Diao's and the Traore's of this world.

We should definitely be having the likes of Welsh and Mellor filling the squad rather than Diao and Traore.

Thing with Diao is, i don't dislike him, he always puts everything he's got into it (take note you white boot wearing fraud) and is willing to play anywhere he is put. I also think that when we try and sell him and he says he wants to stay he has every right to. He signed a contract to play for us and then moved over here, we can't expect him to up sticks and piss of wherever we tell him to go....it's just not going to happen.

Traore is just plain terrible. He should never play for us again. Simple as.

Guest red vespa
It's high time some of these young lads from the acedemy where brought down to Melwood. These lads are our future and lets hope David is joined by many more young lads coming through the Ranks. :yes:

Hope this spells the end for the Diao's and the Traore's of this world.

Spot on simon dont forget about biscan murphy smicer diouf ...lol only joking lads before you all jump on me:tease:

We should definitely be having the likes of Welsh and Mellor filling the squad rather than Diao and Traore.

Thing with Diao is, i don't dislike him, he always puts everything he's got into it (take note you white boot wearing fraud) and is willing to play anywhere he is put. I also think that when we try and sell him and he says he wants to stay he has every right to. He signed a contract to play for us and then moved over here, we can't expect him to up sticks and piss of wherever we tell him to go....it's just not going to happen.

Traore is just plain terrible. He should never play for us again. Simple as.

I agree Stu. Traore hasn't lived up to the initial promise when we signed him. He seems to be devoid of composure and confidence (prequisites of a top class centre half) and you can guarantee at least one BIG mistake per game.

Similar thoughts on Diao. When I first saw him player I thought he'd be extremely effective for us (similar to big Ivor), but alas he seems to have gone backwards.

Spot on about Heskey - if he had just 1% of St. Michael's bottle he'd be awesome. Unfortunately he is a coward of a footballer who consistently punches well below his weight. I think Dave once said if he had 10% of Duncan Disorderly's aggression then he'd be a Liverpool great. Nowadays we'd all be happy if he had just 1%!

Guest Harrower Jnr.

total agree with some of the points here.

Its high time the youth players were given their chance to shine.

They cant do any worse than some of the duds in the team right now.

Re: David Raven.

Out of curiosity can Dave U or anyone else tell me how tall he is and does he have any pace?

Quick enough, without being lightning. He's no Otsemobor but then he's quicker than Steph. As for his height, he's probably a bit small to play centre half at first team level at the moment. He can do it in his age group no worries, but you wouldn't want him marking a John Hartson or someone.

His reading of the game is very good though, so he's rarely done for pace. When he makes the breakthrough it will more than likely be at right back, and a move to centre half mightn't happen until he's older.