You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

49 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

The wife and kids are away this weekend, so I'm home alone eating my way through random leftovers in the fridge and freezer. So I made this fry up this morning with some tlw help. So let's start there

Beans - I had half a can in the fridge. I'd never thought of adding marmite or oxo to them before , no idea why as I stick marmite in all kinds. However I gave it a roll with marmite, and it was as nice as I was expecting. 

Fried bread - using the lifey method. I was always shit at fried bread till I followed his rapeseed oil and butter combo. Perfect. 

Bacon - 3 slices. Not sure what was going on with that. I think it was from my butcher, but it must have been some weird lockdown leftovers as it was much thinner than he would normally sell. It was still tasty though. 

Ulster Fry. 3 slices. Delicious. 

3 sausage - "old English" from my butcher, which are brilliant. They're very herby, like a Lincolnshire. 

Scrambled egg - the only eggs in the fridge were some crappy ones the missus had got to bake with, so I decided to make them into my scrambled eggs, flavoured up with several splashes of worcestershire sauce, butter, milk and cheese. I should eat more scrambled egg.

Fried potatoes - there was a left over baked spud in the fridge which I mashed up with some butter and cheese, added a tiny bit of paprika. 

All in all I was pretty happy with that considering it was made from odds and sods. But sausages are always a winner for me and the quality of them certainly made the difference. 

IMG_20200719_102404.jpg

I generally approve which I know will be important to you. Looks decent quality ingredients and a solid combination. I’m no fan of scrambled eggs but I accept your explanation as to why you chose this method.

My only real issue and it is quite a big one I’m afraid is the direction your fried bread is pointing in. Crust should be on the outside of the plate. Appreciate this could just be me but I’d struggle to get past this if someone served it up to me. Quality of sausage or not. 

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I generally approve which I know will be important to you. Looks decent quality ingredients and a solid combination. I’m no fan of scrambled eggs but I accept your explanation as to why you chose this method.

My only real issue and it is quite a big one I’m afraid is the direction your fried bread is pointing in. Crust should be on the outside of the plate. Appreciate this could just be me but I’d struggle to get past this if someone served it up to me. Quality of sausage or not. 

The crust stops the beans soaking through the fried slice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, The Gaul said:

The wife and kids are away this weekend, so I'm home alone eating my way through random leftovers in the fridge and freezer. So I made this fry up this morning with some tlw help. So let's start there

Beans - I had half a can in the fridge. I'd never thought of adding marmite or oxo to them before , no idea why as I stick marmite in all kinds. However I gave it a roll with marmite, and it was as nice as I was expecting. 

Fried bread - using the lifey method. I was always shit at fried bread till I followed his rapeseed oil and butter combo. Perfect. 

Bacon - 3 slices. Not sure what was going on with that. I think it was from my butcher, but it must have been some weird lockdown leftovers as it was much thinner than he would normally sell. It was still tasty though. 

Ulster Fry. 3 slices. Delicious. 

3 sausage - "old English" from my butcher, which are brilliant. They're very herby, like a Lincolnshire. 

Scrambled egg - the only eggs in the fridge were some crappy ones the missus had got to bake with, so I decided to make them into my scrambled eggs, flavoured up with several splashes of worcestershire sauce, butter, milk and cheese. I should eat more scrambled egg.

Fried potatoes - there was a left over baked spud in the fridge which I mashed up with some butter and cheese, added a tiny bit of paprika. 

All in all I was pretty happy with that considering it was made from odds and sods. But sausages are always a winner for me and the quality of them certainly made the difference. 

IMG_20200719_102404.jpg

You’re gonna get us all banged up you stupid bastard 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Why do people call it bean juice when it's tomato sauce? Never been able to figure it out.

Because it shouldn't be confused with a perfectly respectable condiment. 

Bin juice would be a better description

• Upvote 4

On 14/07/2020 at 14:55, lifetime fan said:

Can’t remember if it was premier inn or another hotel chain linked with a pub...

But they had an all you can eat breakfast with Yorkshire puddings! 

Toby Carvery breakfasts have the Yorkshire pudding option. I'll ride the bike up to Formby and report back my findings!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Polystyrene and cellophane, might bung you up Col.

Maybe we have to cut him a little slack as there's an explanation for everything. He was clearly shocked when he let go of a hangover fart that sounded like the opening track from a Pan Pipe Moods CD, only to realise he'd Mooked that wine bottle.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have been away for the weekend - socially distanced in an isolated cottage in Shropshire with the dog and the baby. Googled a place for brekkie and found an outdoor cafe set up, so went down and got this for £8. Proper decent scran. I ordered the smaller breakfast, so that’s on me, but I’ve been up with the baby since 6am and tried to avoid breakfast so I didn’t ruin this, but ended up eating half a sleeve of pringles and a choux bun. The epitome of health.

Anyway, here it is. I’d give it a 8.5 out of 10. I should have gone for large as I was still hungry, but you live and learn. Do your worst you cunts...

C77F08A5-F7CF-4772-AC46-AB9FD7C5AE96.jpeg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

We have been away for the weekend - socially distanced in an isolated cottage in Shropshire with the dog and the baby. Googled a place for brekkie and found an outdoor cafe set up, so went down and got this for £8. Proper decent scran. I ordered the smaller breakfast, so that’s on me, but I’ve been up with the baby since 6am and tried to avoid breakfast so I didn’t ruin this, but ended up eating half a sleeve of pringles and a choux bun. The epitome of health.

Anyway, here it is. I’d give it a 8.5 out of 10. I should have gone for large as I was still hungry, but you live and learn. Do your worst tou

I’d be doing a twelve stretch for aggregated manslaughter if I was served that up.

Looks like one of those ‘authentic British breakfasts’ you get in upmarket Mogadishu hotels.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, belarus said:

Anyway, here it is. I’d give it a 8.5 out of 10. I should have gone for large as I was still hungry, but you live and learn. Do your worst you cunts...

They charge £8 and don’t include black pudding? Is that a mushroom? If so, had you eaten part of it before you took the picture?

38 minutes ago, belarus said:

The egg has been Pearced.

Nice how they decided to allow the beans (my there are alot) touch EVERYTHING!!

Saville of breakfasts - you should do time as an accomplice.