You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When life replicates Football Manager

RedinSweden

This just screams FM media interaction. I expect a headline of "Chris Sutton speaks of admiration for Shrews boss Paul Simpson".

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | L | Lincoln | Oakes is very talented - Sutton

Oakes is very talented - Sutton

Lincoln City manager Chris Sutton says midfielder Stefan Oakes is the most talented player in League Two.

Sutton handed Oakes the captain's armband for the 1-0 victory over Aldershot Town, a role he is expected to retain for the trip to Macclesfield.

He told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: "In this league, I don't think there's anyone with Stefan Oakes' talent.

"I think he's a fantastic player and has got a left foot players in higher divisions would dream of."

Sutton added: "I want to get the best out of him - I want to win games - and a fit Stefan Oakes would be a fantastic asset to Lincoln City.

Oakes, 31, who began his career at Leicester City had been placed on the transfer list by previous manager Peter Jackson after struggling last season.

He joined Lincoln from Wycombe on a free transfer in June 2008.

Tomorrow will be

Oakes contented with Sutton praise

Stefan Oakes, Lincoln City's 31-year-old English midfielder, has said he is happy about Chris Sutton's recent comments. However, Oakes did acknowledge that he was under no illusions, and knows he is capable of upping his level of performance over the coming weeks.

Tomorrow will be

Oakes contented with Sutton praise

Stefan Oakes, Lincoln City's 31-year-old English midfielder, has said he is happy about Chris Sutton's recent comments. However, Oakes did acknowledge that he was under no illusions, and knows he is capable of upping his level of performance over the coming weeks.

Then in a few months when Kennedy Bakircioglü has taken his spot

Unh: "Stefan Oakes feels he should be a first team regular"

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Rafa is crap in FM too.

You know Philly, I get a feeling that you don't paticularly rate Rafa

I don't know why, just call it a hunch

You know the scary thing, I'M INTO MY THIRD SEASON IN MY NEWCASTLE GAME AND LIVERPOOL HAVE JUST STARTED THE LEAGUE BY LOSING 4 GAMES AND HIS JOB ISNT UNDER THREAT (I NEVER START WITH LIVERPOOL I ALWAYS WORK MY WAY UP).

THOUGH WE STILL HAVE ALONSO.

ALSO MY CAPS LOCK JUST BROKE IN WORK, COOL STORY BRO.

I also love it when crazy things happen in the game and you think "that would NEVER happen in real life."

And then Notts County go and sign Sven Göran Eriksson, Kasper Schmeichel and Sol Campbell whilst Blackburn take Roberto Carlos on trial.

You know the scary thing, I'M INTO MY THIRD SEASON IN MY NEWCASTLE GAME AND LIVERPOOL HAVE JUST STARTED THE LEAGUE BY LOSING 4 GAMES AND HIS JOB ISNT UNDER THREAT (I NEVER START WITH LIVERPOOL I ALWAYS WORK MY WAY UP).

THOUGH WE STILL HAVE ALONSO.

ALSO MY CAPS LOCK JUST BROKE IN WORK, COOL STORY BRO.

i remember he used to miss loads of sitters too then score loads in about 5 games to make up for it.

Caps lock liar.