You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mr. Ferguson's post-match comments

AndMjaa

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it did derail the challenge but the players should hvae reacted to it better then they did.

Rafa was getting abuse from Liverpool fans the instant he made the PC before we had even played a game.

It wasn't like Rafa was called a cunt after we drew a few games.

More people need to stand up to Ferguson as without a doubt he know what hes doing.

They have a trip to Anfield to come shortly and he knows full well that we are more then capable of getting 3 points which will dent their challenge even more.

Guest The Chimp
I was dead pleased with Rafa's comments on Ferguson, not so pleased with the team that played Stoke the next day.

To be fair, that's about the be all and end all right there.

What Rafa said was spot on, what transpired at Stoke was far from.

I think your memory is on the blink coop, most people on here were behind Benitez for saying it with only a minority saying he should keep his mouth shut. It was only after we meekly dropped two points to Stoke that there was a backlash.

Damn was just about to unleash hell as well.

If I were Mike Dean I'd consider a lawsuit against Ferguson, outside of the Premier League's BS biased-tribunals but with civil court for workplace harassment. See if someone outside this cosy little industry could take a more independent view and stick it to Fergie for blatently breaking the law.

If I were Mike Dean I'd consider a lawsuit against Ferguson, outside of the Premier League's BS biased-tribunals but with civil court for workplace harassment. See if someone outside this cosy little industry could take a more independent view and stick it to Fergie for blatently breaking the law.

Dean wont do anything because like the rest of the refs he's weak

he was quick enough to send Wenger to the stands for the heinous act of kicking an empty waterbottle nowhere in particular but stands there and accepts someone screaming obscenities in his face

shambles of a man

You can all moan as much as you want but when Rafa stood up to him and called him for what he is most people on here were calling Rafa a cunt and he should keep his mouth shut.

That is one thing I backed Rafa all the way for last season even when his tactics and the infighting was pissing me off. I wouldn't mind if he did it again and questioned the corrupt officials that United have benefited from lately.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | M | Man Utd | FA to review Ferguson's comments

FA to review Ferguson's comments

Ferguson's comments about Alan Wiley could land him in hot water

The Football Association has confirmed it will be looking into Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson's criticism of referee Alan Wiley over the weekend.

The Scot lambasted Wiley's fitness levels after watching his side snatch a dramatic 2-2 draw against Sunderland.

"The pace of the game demanded a referee who was fit. He was not fit. It was ridiculous," he said.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce's comments on referee Peter Walton after Sunday's loss to Arsenal will also be reviewed.

The 54-year-old hit out after his side's 6-2 defeat at the Emirates, during which the official failed to give a penalty for Thomas Vermaelen's apparent trip on David Dunn when the score was 3-2.

He said: "It was a blatant penalty. In the pressure pot of this league, you have to get major decisions right. If they (the officials) are not good enough, we should find someone who is."

While managers are allowed to make comments on an official's performance, the FA insists they must not imply bias, question their integrity or engage in what could be construed as a personal attack.

Ferguson added on Saturday: "I was disappointed with the referee.

"He didn't add on any time for the goal [united's equaliser in injury time]. He played four minutes and two seconds. He was also walking up the pitch for the second goal needing a rest.

"You see referees abroad who are as fit as butcher's dogs. [Alan Wiley] was taking 30 seconds to book a player. He was not fit."

During the game, Ferguson twice headed towards the touchline during the second half to make his feelings known about decisions made by the officials.

At one point, after he felt Anderson had been denied a penalty, he jabbed his finger at fourth official Mike Dean and then pointed angrily to the pitch.

Allardyce, meanwhile, said he had no choice but to speak out about Walton's performance on Sunday, saying: "I try not to say too much publicly and say it through the system but unfortunately the system is not working so I have to be heard.

"People may say it is bitter or twisted, but I know I am 100% right because I am very professional in what I do. I research everything and [referees' chief] Keith Hackett knows I am right.

"I don't want to detract from Arsenal, but it was blatant.

"That decision wasn't good enough and it had a major effect on the course of this game."

He has these meetings with the FA every year. They are dressed up as disciplinary hearings, but in reality all they are are AGMs where Whiskeynose can direct the refereeing agenda for the rest of the season. He can get his points across face to face.

Dean wont do anything because like the rest of the refs he's weak

So fucking true. I bet he's a bluenose as well.

Here he just stands and receives whatever abuse Ferguson pours into him, but when Wenger kicked a fucking waterbottle a few weeks ago he was humiliatingly sent to the stands with only seconds to go on the clock.

He obviously doesn't want Wiley anywhere near the Liverpool v Mancs games this season after his excellent un-biased performance at Old Trafford last season. Watch us get Steve Bennett and Howard Webb who'll ref the games the way the shitty trousered tosser likes.

This is a very good point and exactly what I am talking about when I say that Ferguson picks his refs. There is no way the FA will now give Wiley our game, so Ferguson will get one of the refs who will not want to wind him up as otherwise they will be dragged through the press by Fergusons rants post match. They don't want this, so they play his game.

It's simple, but it works to a tee.

terrorist: a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells

It certainly fits.

I am guessing here, but I think Code he meant the "Mr Ferguson" bit.

I think it did derail the challenge but the players should hvae reacted to it better then they did.

Rafa was getting abuse from Liverpool fans the instant he made the PC before we had even played a game.

It wasn't like Rafa was called a cunt after we drew a few games.

More people need to stand up to Ferguson as without a doubt he know what hes doing.

They have a trip to Anfield to come shortly and he knows full well that we are more then capable of getting 3 points which will dent their challenge even more.

The following game after Rafa's "rant" United played Wigan and the ref turned down a stone wall penalty after Ronaldo got chopped in the box. Not that it mattered.

Poor results over the Christmas Peroid lost us the title. Not words that Rafa said.