You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's far hard for him to be man marked in centre midfield.

In the second half that pretty much where he played, even before the sending off. He was far deeper than in the first half and dictated play by getting on the ball far more.

He was man marked in the first half, not the second as he was deeper.

10 men.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 men.

Rubbish he was dominating before then and had loads more possession before the sending off.

He was deeper right from the start of the second half - and it showed, as our performance was far better as he had more influence.

It's far hard for him to be man marked in centre midfield.

In the second half that pretty much where he played, even before the sending off. He was far deeper than in the first half and dictated play by getting on the ball far more.

He was man marked in the first half, not the second as he was deeper.

Gerrard only got into the game when Bolton were reduced to 10. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just stating plain facts. Can't rely on him all the time, yet we seemed to do over and over again.

Gerrard only got into the game when Bolton were reduced to 10. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just stating plain facts. Can't rely on him all the time, yet we seemed to do over and over again.

Which aren't true.

Rubbish he was dominating before then and had loads more possession before the sending off.

He was deeper right from the start of the second half - and it showed, as our performance was far better as he had more influence.

Try shouting it makes you more right.

We'll never win the title under Rafa, factorino. Too tactical, too many poor players and still relies far too heavily on one player, who is the only one not restricted by shackles.

This is his 6th season so the money issue no longer washes. It's debatable whether our current squad players are any better than when he first took over.

Rafa can't win, people demand we turn draws into victories and say it would be worth it to lose two and win one than draw three but then when they cry to take off the shackles and whine about duffel coats.

No, it's worth it to lose one and win two... because thats more points than draw three. Losing two and winning one IS the same as drawing three.

My views!

We started okay, without looking really dangerous. Riera looked far from match fit and was invicible both defending and attacking. Gerrard was really poor from the start, and it took the first Bolton goal to get him going. Until then he just strolled around, giving Muamba a much easier task than he could have anticipated. In the second, he once again showed his value to the team, even on an off day. What a player, and I think today will kick start his season.

Lucas was average, but he was nowhere near as bad to deserve the shit he has been given in this thread. Each mistake was blown up, and what he did good was just ignored. He played a couple of brilliant passes. Once releasing Torres, which could easily have given us a goal. People have been complaining that he cant replace Alonso, well today he took it upon himself to copy Alonso, and he got an opponent sent off. Well done. Also, especially in the first half, he was the only one supporting Torres in the box, making deep runs from midfield. He was far from our worst players out there.

Our defence looks all over the place at the moment, and we look like conceding. Three new players in at the same time havent helped, and Carragher doent look like the assured Carra we`ve grown to love. But it`s not easy for him with a new partner for each match. The new boy did well. Good in the air, but he scared the living daylight out of me by taking his time on the ball when he was closed down. He needs to pass the ball quicker. A decent debut, but im glad he`s 4th choice, and hopefully Skrtel will be fit soon.

Torres still looks far from his best, and his first touch is very inconsistent. But I thought his touch improved as the match went on, and it`s comforting knowing he`s scored three matches in a row when he still is some way from his best.

Kuyt needs to improve though. In my opinion he`s been one of our worst players so far. He did brilliantly for Torres equalizer, but overall it was a poor poor performance. Our problems so far has been down to lack of ball retention, and kuyt is breaking down too much, and hopefully he`ll find his form soon, as we cant afford a 3 month out of form run, that he seems to have each season.

But today was really all about the three points, and these kind of wins, is usually the ones who turn things around, so hopefully we`ll go from strength to strength. The sending off seemed a bit harsh. But I actually think the first yellow was for dissent, as he kicked the ball away after the whistle blew. If that was the reason, then he cant complain. And Bolton deserved every thing they got due to persistent fouling in the first. And in the second Muamba was very lucky to stay on, as he was on a yellow, but threw his hand in the air, complaining on every decision. In the end, the ref told the captain that he had to calm him down, and after that he was subbed. So it`s hard having any sympathy for Bolton, due to their ale house, kicking all things that moves style of play.

Walk on!!

Oh, I forgot. Johnson is ace.

I was looking forward to compare him to one of Code`s superior right backs in Steinsson. Sadly though, he only made the bench, so Bolton is really spoilt for choices in the right back position.

Kuyt needs to improve though. In my opinion he`s been one of our worst players so far. He did brilliantly for Torres equalizer, but overall it was a poor poor performance. Our problems so far has been down to lack of ball retention, and kuyt is breaking down too much, and hopefully he`ll find his form soon, as we cant afford a 3 month out of form run, that he seems to have each season..

I don't think Kuyt had this poor patch last season.

However I agree that he's been poor so far this season, but it seems regardless of performances Benitez won't drop Kuyt, which I find frustrating.

How are we suppose to stop teams man marking Gerrard?! Sneak into the oppositions changing room before kick off and change their tactics?! Fabrice Muamba was absolutely class today, i was sat with the Bolton fans and clapped him off for what an amazing job he did on clamping Stevie.

Thought Muamba was England's best player at that under 21s tournament , better than Cattermole certainly & one to watch if Masch goes at some point.

Talking about Masch , he must be paying Rafa to keep Lucas in , as it means his ordinary performances are flying under the radar.

We'll never win the title under Rafa, factorino. Too tactical, too many poor players and still relies far too heavily on one player, who is the only one not restricted by shackles.

This is his 6th season so the money issue no longer washes.

Problem is, no manager is going to win the league here under the current custodians.

You need better bait, son. And do make your mind up as well.

I'd get that liver taken care of instead, if I were you.

I don't think Kuyt had this poor patch last season.

However I agree that he's been poor so far this season, but it seems regardless of performances Benitez won't drop Kuyt, which I find frustrating.

He did! It`s all about opinions of course, but he had a spell from late October to the beginning of February where he was more or less very poor. I can remember watching our matches praying for our chances to fall to any player but Kuyt.

The whole team struggled and it was that run we lost the title where we won 3 drawing 9 out of 12 matches. But I cant remember anyone consistently playing as poor as Kuyt without beeing dropped from time to time.

Kuyt started and ended last season brilliantly, so it`s easy to forget that spell in the middle, where he was very very poor. This is my opinion, but im pretty sure Thants will pop in pretty soon telling me i`m wrong ! :)

I thought Reira was one of our best players today only behind Johnson IMO. Easily our best choice in the wide areas and should really start with Benayoun on the other flank. Wont dwell on his mind blowing subsitution by Rafa.

Whilst he is playing well he should be in the team.

I know its statin the obvious but Rafa should pick the best team on form not on favourites, That means dropping either Masher and Lucas and defo Kuyt which would improve the team considerably.

How wounder how the players feel that Alonso has gone and they have to put up with Lucas?

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

It's a sign, a sign I tell you. Rejoice.

I don't believe you.

Don't be ridiculous - how could Dr Ahmed, PhD possibly not have a PhD? It just doesn't make any sense.