You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Not able to make tomorrow night's draft.

Makes no difference, The Mighty Crips will roll up drunk and fuck your shit up like we always have.

Same, I'm going to see Tame Impala at the Olympia.

Was gonna do the dynasty draft straight after the regular draft but still don't have co-commish privileges on the dynasty league so can't set a draft date and time yet.

BBC going to show super bowl and all 3 London games live this year.

Plus a highlights show, about time..

Channel 4 - apart from the twat from Bolton whose name temporarily and pleasingly escapes me - have done a good job with their coverage IMO. I hope bbc use US coverage like ch 4, but I somehow expect to see Claire Balding presenting the show.

You just can't stop these fuckers... How many visiting teams have to have issues in their headsets at New England?

For it to be on the opening night and from the very beginning is just a massive up yours from Belichick to the league.

The man united of the nfl

• Upvote 1

Been watching the Texans hard knocks thing. Fuck me that JJ Watt is some player. Great show, well worth a watch

It's a quality show, and really helps give an appreciation for the harsh reality of forging a career in the league for the non-superstars.

Think about the turds we've been unable to flush over the years and then watch players like James II getting cut.

You just can't stop these fuckers... How many visiting teams have to have issues in their headsets at New England?

For it to be on the opening night and from the very beginning is just a massive up yours from Belichick to the league.

The man united of the nfl

Seems a lot of open Disdain from the commentators and from analysts on twitter.

Should like Belichick, being an ex Giant Def Coach. Just seems like a arrogant sullen Bastard

Seems a lot of open Disdain from the commentators and from analysts on twitter.

Should like Belichick, being an ex Giant Def Coach. Just seems like a arrogant sullen Bastard

I read a daily q&a column on the packers site by their web editor who was previously in the same role with Jacksonville.

He said he had a running joke with (I think) jack del rio whenever they were playing in New England and they would guess which quarter the headsets would stop working.

• Upvote 1

I read a daily q&a column on the packers site by their web editor who was previously in the same role with Jacksonville.

He said he had a running joke with (I think) jack del rio whenever they were playing in New England and they would guess which quarter the headsets would stop working.

Its ridiculous that they got away with that "deflategate". 

Thing is. They have so much talent in the organisation. Why do they need to go to such lengths to cheat the league.

neko 'likes' this.....

i'm amazed the cowboys won, but what a boost to their season.

the giants deserve tom cock-land.

Id be concerned about your "Boys".  The turnovers where shocking. And it looks like Dez is out 4-6 weeks with a broken bone in his foot.

That PI call on DRC was an absolute joke as well.

Feel sorry for the Giants Defence after that tonight though, banged up to hell with injuries they played hard even if the pass rush was non existant. Made some great plays and deserved better from the Offence.

Felt like the Philly game at the end there when Desean Jackson scored after a stupid punt from Dodge

Id be concerned about your "Boys".  The turnovers where shocking. And it looks like Dez is out 4-6 weeks with a broken bone in his foot.

That PI call on DRC was an absolute joke as well.

Feel sorry for the Giants Defence after that tonight though, banged up to hell with injuries they played hard even if the pass rush was non existant. Made some great plays and deserved better from the Offence.

Felt like the Philly game at the end there when Desean Jackson scored after a stupid punt from Dodge

Unnecessarily bitter about Dallas' performance there. If the only points you concede in a game are the direct result of turnovers then the big positive from that is that your defence totally shut down the opposition offense and that you have control of fixing the reasons why you did concede points. It's much easier to fix 3 turnovers than it is to fix an entire defence. 

The Giants fought hard, but only 3 receptions for Odell Beckham prior to their final drive was crazy given the damage he did to Dallas last season. Poor strategy and poor play calling all game on the Giants offense.

• Upvote 1

Ravens offense yesterday looked as bad as its worst under Cam Cameron, our o-line was one of the best in the league last year and it got completely manhandled by Denver's front seven. Couldn't open any holes at all for the running backs and Flacco was constantly under duress. Our defense played lights out all game, and we could have won it late on but Darian fucking Stewart made the type of play he rarely made in Baltimore last year and picked Flacco off. Like the result wasn't hard enough to take, Suggs is out for the year with his second torn achilles in just over three years. He was talking about the possibility of retiring after this year, but I doubt he goes out like this. Still, massive loss to an already thin outside - and limited - linebacker group.

Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough, that last minute Lance Kendricks TD for the Rams - and the subsequent shitting of the bed by the Seahawks - let me down for some major coin.

Fuck off.

Unnecessarily bitter about Dallas' performance there. If the only points you concede in a game are the direct result of turnovers then the big positive from that is that your defence totally shut down the opposition offense and that you have control of fixing the reasons why you did concede points. It's much easier to fix 3 turnovers than it is to fix an entire defence. 

The Giants fought hard, but only 3 receptions for Odell Beckham prior to their final drive was crazy given the damage he did to Dallas last season. Poor strategy and poor play calling all game on the Giants offense.

Not Bitter at all.

The Giants beat themselves. But the O line and pretty much all of the defence is completely injury ravaged. Look at the time Romo had in the pocket compared to Eli.

The reason Beckham had hardly any catches was because he was facing double coverage all game, and Eli just didnt have any tiime in the pocket.

Hopefully Cruz is back soon and somewhere near his old self, otherwise Beckham and Manning will be facing a long season.

Ravens offense yesterday looked like as bad as its worst under Cam Cameron, our o-line was one of the best in the league last year and it got completely manhandled by Denver's front seven. Couldn't open any holes at all for the running backs and Flacco was constantly under duress. Our defense played lights out all game, and we could have won it late on but Darian fucking Stewart made the type of play he rarely made in Baltimore last year and picked Flacco off. Like the result wasn't hard enough to take, Suggs is out for the year with his second torn achilles in just over three years. He was talking about the possibility of retiring after this year, but I doubt he goes out like this. Still, massive loss to an already thin outside - and limited - linebacker group.

Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough, that last minute Lance Kendricks TD for the Rams - and the subsequent shitting of the bed by the Seahawks - let me down for some major coin.

Fuck off.

Never nice watching good players go down after one game. Big loss for your birds.

Also Peyton Manning looks like he's joining Steve Smith in a farewell season. Age looks to be getting the better of him.