You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First question Aquilani seems ok but very prone. Second Not yet but my shortlist has been cleared without me knowing.

Not had any injury problems with him, apart from the very start of the game of course. He's just been very very poor, it may just be the way I use him, hence my question.

The shortlist thing has annoyed me for the past few versions. What part of, "add to shortlist indefinitely" means shortlist just for 1 year?

Not had any injury problems with him, apart from the very start of the game of course. He's just been very very poor, it may just be the way I use him, hence my question.

The shortlist thing has annoyed me for the past few versions. What part of, "add to shortlist indefinitely" means shortlist just for 1 year?

Where you playing him he was decent for my Sunderland team i played him Box to Box Attack he was great there.

I've played him in centre mid alongside Mascherano and/or Lucas. I've tried a few variations with him, giving him 8-10 games in a row using specific instructions.

I've tried him as box to box (attack), central midfield (support), advanced playmaker (attack) and deep lying playmaker (support), and he doesn't seem to do the business. Might just be my game, he may just be shit.

He'll be off in the summer anyway, so I'll only have to endure his performances for another month or so.

Rights i've embarked on a path of greatness in the Scottish League with Celtic, yes i know there all shit but my aim is to do well in Europe with them. I'm surprised i'm quite enjoying this job. They gave me 8mil to spend and once i knocked out Lyon to qualify for the Champions League they gave me an extra 8mil. Unsurprisingly, the league has been a doddle with only a few hiccups but i've battered Rangers twice. In the Champions League Group Stage I did crap away from home picking up 0 points but beat Bayern Munich and Standard Leige at home and drew 0-0 with Porto. It came down to the last game but unfortunately it was away and i got bummed 4-0, all i needed was a draw. Anyway, the signings of Cristaldo and Mandzukic have ripped every defence apart and Buonanotte i coming in July 2010. Overall, looking to get far in the Europa Cup (although i got Villa and then the possibility of Everton or Valencia) and win every domestic trophy in Scotland.

P.S. - Si, did Mandzukic score loads of headers for you because i think he's scored 9 goals with his head for me!

Here's some screenies:

celteam.jpg

celtransfers.jpg

celtable.jpg

CelCL.jpg

Well, just finished my 2nd season, and what a load of dribble it was.

Despite starting well, I lost Gerrard to a cruciate injury for 8 months after only 7 games, this proved to be the turning point and my season went in one direction, and one direction only, the wrong way.

I won't go into the full details of my calamitous season, these are the only stats you'll need to know:

I finished 6th in the league, winning just 16 games, drawing 9 and losing 13, scoring 52 and shipping 43 along the way.

Of the 52 league goals scored, Torres got 24 and ended as runner up in the Golden boot for a 2nd successive season, he also won the Players' Player award. The joint second highest league scorer in my squad was the aforementioned injured Gerrard who got 7 and shared 2nd place with Matt Derbyshire. Says it all really.

The FA Cup didn't provide any respite from the poor league season with a 3rd round exit at the hands of Crystal Palace at Anfield, the game was lost 2-1 and I got lucky with the scoreline.

It wasn't all doom and gloom on the domestic front as a trip to Wembley, and silverware, was achieved in the League Cup, with Stoke swept aside 2-0 in a one sided final that my fringe players showed what I was missing from my first teamers.

Europe provided a little relief from the domestic issues, though was abruptly ended in the semi finals at the hands of another English club, this time it was the Mancs, and they dry bummed me 4-1 on aggregate.

Despite my woes in the league, I still managed to finish runner up in the Manager of the Year award, so I must have done something right, right?

Other positive things I can take from the season are the aforementioned Torres and a young right winger called Alex Allen. A product of my academy at the start of the season, the young winger was thrust into the first team set up just after New Year and finished the season having played 18 games in all competitions, with 1 goal, 2 assists and average rating of 6.84. Doesn't sound great, but seeing as the lad was 16 when promoted, I think he's been superb.

The summer approaching will see the likes of Aquilani (off to AC Milan for £6m), Babel and Kuba all being moved on, in fact I'm pretty sure that my current squad will be decimated and rebuilt during pre-season.

Can't say I'm looking forward to getting the boot in my 3rd season, but I'll head into it with my eyes closed and my arms swinging frantically....

Another question for you...

Has anyone else experienced players on your shortlist being bought without you being notified of the bids? Hamsik was on my shortlist, and when I went to approach him for a transfer, he'd already been bought by Fiorentina.

Not on this one, but on the last one, on a network game, in my 3rd summer with Spurs, someone just decided to buy Ronaldo, and I ended up paying through the nose for him every month. He won me the league, but there was too much debt, so I got sacked over it.

The lack of notification about teams bidding for players on my shortlist is hurting me badly, I've lost out on several key targets this pre season as a result, so am having to make do with my second or third choice targets.

I've started pre-season prior to the start of season 3 and there has already been quite ome activity in the halls of Anfield. I'll update later once the season has begun.

You may want to get your wage budget under check Si, you're £18k per week over budget, this will not sit well with any owners.

Yeah that's Freebies llike Van der mayde, Henri Camara, Glauber and more haha they costing me a bomb. But they wont play for less so what am i to do haha.

2013 in my game. Was in 10th with Leeds but then got an offer to save West Ham who were bottom. Now i managed to get them upto 14th and the window has just opened i have got myself Ryan Shawcross Mauro Zarate and Lorik Cana might a add all very cheap too. RS cost 4 MZ cost 12 LC cost 5.5. These just in and im ready to kick some arse.

_____________________Green__________________

Spector_______Germorel______Shawcross___Ilunga

_____________________Cana___________________

Behrami_______________Noble_____________Rosina

________________Ashton___Zarate______________

I think i should be able to finish in the top 10 at least providing there are no injurys.

Just finished my offline season with Celtic and won the domestic treble (won the Scottish FA Cup Final 7-0). Mandzukic and Cristaldo scored a combined 59 goals between them (Mandzukic 34 and Cristaldo 25) and my midfielders chipped in with quite alot of goals aswell. Just made them sign all new contracts as Newcastle were interested in virtually all my players.

So i move on to the next season looking to get a point away in Europe and hopefully progress to the last 16 in the CL.

I love some of Simon's posts in this thread.

"I coulnt find a striker that would fit in to my system"

"Must be one of them random stat players cos he very poor on my game."

Maybe it's because you're a shit manager?

Nope there are some radom statted players one of them being Cristaldo not every game has the same stats.

And Yozzer great to see you took my advice with Mario he really is something.