You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Non Liverpool Legends.

lifetime fan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish Ronaldinho had taken better care of himself because in his prime, he was some player. His list of accolades mean that , even if he didn't sustain his career as well as he should have, he will go down as a legend.

. Shit music but you get the idea, the night he was applauded off the Bernabeu for his magnificent display.

I'm also having Henry. He was probably the best player this country has seen since Kenny. I actually used to watch Arsenal matches because he was that good. Touch, vision, pace and finishing. He didn't score as many big goals as a player of his ability should have but that could have to do with the doubling up on him that always happened. I think it was the 03/04 season where Henry managed something like 30 goals and 20+ assists. One of handful of players to consistenly make Carra and Sami look foolish which says a lot about how good he was. At his best there was no way to stop him, he was unplayable.

Joseba Etxeberria - For playing a year unpaid as a thank you to the supporters

Redondo - Apart from being a class midfielder he refused to let Milan pay him because of his injury problems.

None of the shitty 'the more I have the more I want' attitude from some footballers.

zola_gianfranco6.jpg

This fella was my first non-Liverpool hero. An absolute joy to watch as a player and a man who conducted himself with dignity at all times. Even now, I'd pay to see him eat an orange.

I remember I was at Stamford Bridge when we played Chelsea on the last game of the season in 02/03 when we needed to get a win to qualify for the Champions League. He came on in the second half for his last ever appearance in English football and it was great seeing get a standing ovation from everybody, and I mean everybody, in the ground.That was probably the best thing I took from that day, thinking about it.

Even now, it's great to see him doing well at West Ham.

It's a shame he played for a team who are now just a version of Millwall with money, but I still love the little fella.

Cruyff. Best European player ever, architect of total football and the greatest manager in Barcelona's history.

Nobody has had a bigger influence on football as both a player and manager.

Rinus Michels the guy who actually invented Total Football as opposed to Cruyff the guy who didn't.

Rivaldo

I remember seeing him warm up in the Nou Camp before we played Barca in the champions league. He was taking shots from about 30 yards out - 2 hit the bar and one flew in the top corner.

Some of them Hugo Sanchez goals are insane