You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Uni in September

Antynwa

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Don't bother IMO, every kid has got degrees these days. Try and get a two year head-start on yer mates at MaccyD's and you'll end up bossing them around.

Any of you lads ever lived with just girls when at Uni? Going into my last year in September and have a house with a couple of girl mates. They are quite sociable so i'm hoping that they bring many girls back to ours.

I still have my doubts whether living with 2 girls is a good idea...

Any of you lads ever lived with just girls when at Uni? Going into my last year in September and have a house with a couple of girl mates. They are quite sociable so i'm hoping that they bring many girls back to ours.

It's the best. I live with two 'girls' - one is my missus, the other is my sister, who co-owns my flat with me.

Anyway, women flatmates are, by and large, clean, considerate, and don't invite their disgusting mates round to fall asleep all over the flat. That is my job exclusively.

What I'm saying is I highly recommend it.

(They smell nice, too.)

Mate, lived with two up until May. One word of advice.

DONT

In a house with 3 lads and 2 birds, but I'd agreed to it halfheartedly really because at the time I was looking at transfering back local to JMU. One of the lads was close with the birds but fucked off at xmas leaving just two of us lads left. They where a fuckin nightmare. I'm by no means a fuckin clean freek but they where a fuckin nightmare. Never washed a dish, never put on or emptied the dishawasher, never hoovered, never tidied up the living areas, never put the bin out, left all their fuckin pyabs in the bath when they shaved their legs and fannys, left football sized balls of hair in the plug holes which meant that 2 minutes in to a routine shower you'd be up to your bollocks in smeggy water. They never ever went out, and when they did go they made sure EVERYONE knew about it, like some big fuckin annual occasion. They'd fill the living room full of bottles of wine and all that and it would literally stay like that for days until me and me mate sorted it. They where in uni usually at 9am, so would be up with their music blasting out, physically shaking the house, at 7.45. I woke up some mornings and thought fuckin Creamfields was going on outside.

As I said, me and my mate where by no means angels by any stretch of the imagination. We went out 3 times a week, made a load of fuckin noise when we'd come back with the whole entourage at 4am (our house was the biggest out of all the lad's we knock about with), took the piss a bit, and made a fuckin mess. But the next day we'd clean the place first thing because we both hate living in a fuckin pit. They'd leave it. A few times we'd pull them up but in the end just thought fuck it, only got to suffer them for a few more weeks. They where nice girls and everything, but just fuckin bone idle, and from my experience it's the lads who are cleaner and more domesticated than the birds. They only ever used the microwave, or took some shite out the freazer.

Sorry if it's put the shits up with you, I'm sure you'll strike lucky with two domestic godesses who will serve you well. Just a touchy subject for me!

Mate, lived with two up until May. One word of advice.

DONT

In a house with 3 lads and 2 birds, but I'd agreed to it halfheartedly really because at the time I was looking at transfering back local to JMU. One of the lads was close with the birds but fucked off at xmas leaving just two of us lads left. They where a fuckin nightmare. I'm by no means a fuckin clean freek but they where a fuckin nightmare. Never washed a dish, never put on or emptied the dishawasher, never hoovered, never tidied up the living areas, never put the bin out, left all their fuckin pyabs in the bath when they shaved their legs and fannys, left football sized balls of hair in the plug holes which meant that 2 minutes in to a routine shower you'd be up to your bollocks in smeggy water. They never ever went out, and when they did go they made sure EVERYONE knew about it, like some big fuckin annual occasion. They'd fill the living room full of bottles of wine and all that and it would literally stay like that for days until me and me mate sorted it. They where in uni usually at 9am, so would be up with their music blasting out, physically shaking the house, at 7.45. I woke up some mornings and thought fuckin Creamfields was going on outside.

As I said, me and my mate where by no means angels by any stretch of the imagination. We went out 3 times a week, made a load of fuckin noise when we'd come back with the whole entourage at 4am (our house was the biggest out of all the lad's we knock about with), took the piss a bit, and made a fuckin mess. But the next day we'd clean the place first thing because we both hate living in a fuckin pit. They'd leave it. A few times we'd pull them up but in the end just thought fuck it, only got to suffer them for a few more weeks. They where nice girls and everything, but just fuckin bone idle, and from my experience it's the lads who are cleaner and more domesticated than the birds. They only ever used the microwave, or took some shite out the freazer.

Sorry if it's put the shits up with you, I'm sure you'll strike lucky with two domestic godesses who will serve you well. Just a touchy subject for me!

I think the issue was living with two bellends Randy, not two birds. There was six of us in my gaff at university and two of them were birds; shit was fine.

I think the issue was living with two bellends Randy, not two birds. There was six of us in my gaff at university and two of them were birds; shit was fine.

I think that's probably the case Stu. It hasn't helped that we lived with those two in halls first year and so that is the only experience I've had of living with women. Fucked them off for September though so looking forward to it.

Nice one, It's just scary, in a few weeks I'll be something like 4 grand in debt and whatever.

Interesting times.

ah 4k in debt, I remember those days. Bliss. Wait till you've a mortgage, 3 'drains on your resources' and a lovely wife who keeps coming home with lovely new handbags and shoes.