You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bruce The Boss!

Chocoholic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just rewatched it again. Fucking awesome.

Zane low said last year that jay z was the greatest set ever played at glast and will go down in the all time gigs ever, last night he panned bruce as showy. What a fucing dick head.

Bruce just showed every other band in glasto how to play a set. Jay z just proved what he a talentless fart he was last year....

Who the fuck could have had a bad word to say about Bruces set last night? Even his fucking wellies were immaculate. Zane Lowe is a bad mong.

Jay-Z was pretty fucking awesome last year though. Talentless fart he is not.

Zane low said last year that jay z was the greatest set ever played at glast and will go down in the all time gigs ever, last night he panned bruce as showy. What a fucing dick head.

Bruce just showed every other band in glasto how to play a set. Jay z just proved what he a talentless fart he was last year....

What the fuck! Thats possibly the most retarded comment on music I've ever heard.

The boss was fucking awesome. A legend.

Exactly. Last year was pants in alot of ways jay z being the main reason. But for me neil young, the boss and blur have restored glasto to being the greatest musical spectacle of the lot absolutely awesome! How the hell their going to find 3 headliners as good next year i dont know.

Zane low is a prick for saying that, jay z headlining was a complete disaster and left michael eavis with egg dribbling down his chin.

His catalogue of work contains so many instantly recognisable monster numbers, it's impossible to ignore that. Every artist produces stuff that don't hit the mark, but the description of pop dribble is hardly appropriate to Bruce when such artists as Lily Allen, Lady Gaga, the Ting Tings produce exactly such dribble, but instead, these are counted as their highlights!

And for those who dare to call Bruce 'average', well it depends on what that average is measured against. If people don't like his stuff, that's fair enough. Don't listen. But to demean it by calling it average or pop dribble, is just staggeringly wrong.

Zane Lowe is alright in small doses.

What he said about the Boss is extremely embarassing, especially from someone such as himself.

Oh, and do people really have to get in to the prehistoric mindset that a massive act from a different genre of music can't headline Glasto. Anyone who saw Jay-Z's set from last year can see how much the crowd loved it, and at the end of the day, they're the only people that need to be pleased.

Zane Lowe is alright in small doses.

What he said about the Boss is extremely embarassing, especially from someone such as himself.

Oh, and do people really have to get in to the prehistoric mindset that a massive act from a different genre of music can't headline Glasto. Anyone who saw Jay-Z's set from last year can see how much the crowd loved it, and at the end of the day, they're the only people that need to be pleased.

Agreed Woo, I like Zane Lowe but for him to come out with this is wide of the mark in my humble opininon

Jay z was the greatest set ever played at glasto and will go down in the all time gigs ever

I'm all for other genres of music being played, the people watching Jaz Z obviously enjoyed, but best set ever it was not.

Agreed Woo, I like Zane Lowe but for him to come out with this is wide of the mark in my humble opininon

I'm all for other genres of music being played, the people watching Jaz Z obviously enjoyed, but best set ever it was not.

Agree with you on both points, and that statement about Jay's set is another nugget of shitness from Zane. Jay-Z's set was brilliant, but it wasn't the best ever, not by a long shot. It was however, ground breaking in the sense that it has opened the way for other act's from to headline festivals that may not have been a realistic possibility before that.

It was my first time, loved the stages, loved watching the music but hated the camping, hated the toilets, if I did go again I would go with a campervan or something.

But the Boss was boss, Neil Young was brilliant (at least for the last half), Kasabian where superb and Little Boots was a gem of a set.

2 and half hour set, fucking fantastic, you kept thinking to yourself 'he doesnt look as though he is playing this or that' and then he plays them, Dancing in the Dark was one of those moments.

I'll be honest, for the first half hour, I was fucking bored. Some of that new material he played was just dire and I don't think he got the occasion on the place as he just went off into autopilot on the Springsteen live setting when he kept running off to the same corners of the crows to rub his dick in the faces of the people in the front row.

Even though he's cheesy as fuck, he's got a natural charisma to him, there's no need to do or say half the stuff he does live. He's much better when he's just relentlessly going through hit after hit when he just goes "1,2,3,4" after a song and straight into the next.

After the first half hour though, he was fucking great. I think something clicked with him that it was more than just a festival and that going through the motions before ending on Born To Run wouldn't cut it with a lot of people.

He was bloody great from there on in.

The Ballad of Tom Joad, You're Missing and, possibly, My Home Town might have been errors of judgement for the Glastonbury crowd had he performed them, but I thought he gauged the mood pretty well.

I watched the Neil Young set and, when he was getting into the cacophonous bit of A Day In The Life, he turned his back to the audience and went feedback crazy by one of the amps. He was working the strings pretty wildly and I thought that from the audience's point of view it might have looked like he was having a power wank. He wasn't but you wouldn't have guessed that from the field.

He joined Gaslight Anthem earlier.

On here

BBC - Glastonbury 2009 - Bruce Springsteen

I was at the front against the barriers for this. Couldn't believe it when The Boss came out.

Gaslight anthem are quality.

The Boss and the E Street was the best gig I've ever seen. Sadly not many of the crowd knew many of the songs but I was belting them out till me voice went.

Awesome show!

There was a rumour going round that he was playing an acoustic set down the Rocket Lounge in Shangri La at 4 in the morning. I got there and saw that a band called "The Trojans" was booked in to play at that time, and I thought it was well a blag name, meaning that his turning up in such a small place undetected would be like a Trojan Horse operation.

I was fucking gutted when the rumour turned out to be bollocks and The Trojans came out at 4.

His catalogue of work contains so many instantly recognisable monster numbers' date=' it's impossible to ignore that. Every artist produces stuff that don't hit the mark, but the description of pop dribble is hardly appropriate to Bruce when such artists as Lily Allen, Lady Gaga, the Ting Tings produce exactly such dribble, but instead, these are counted as their highlights!

And for those who dare to call Bruce 'average', well it depends on what that average is measured against. If people don't like his stuff, that's fair enough. Don't listen. But to demean it by calling it average or pop dribble, is just staggeringly wrong.[/quote']

Who invited Lily Allen and Lady Gaga? Such talentless dross, and then she's meant to have been asked what she thought of Bruce, and replied 'Old'. Just small-time, and a minger too......

I agree.

I love his music but i reckon he should have rolled out Atlantic City, Human Touch, Brilliant Disguise, Jungleland, etc.

I thought he struggled with Badlands and the lesser songs were not strong enough tracks for a concert like Glastonbury.

He's starting to show his age, which is understandable.