You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Looks like another youngster is going to be offloaded this summer...

Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Speculation | Hammill attracting interest

A plethora of clubs are tracking Barnsley's on-loan winger Adam Hammill, skysports.com understands.

Hammill, who is on loan at Barnsley from Liverpool, has impressed at Oakwell since his arrival in January.

The skilful attacker has been a shining light for Barnsley as they fight to avoid relegation and he has been earning rave reviews in South Yorkshire.

Hammill's form has alerted the England Under 21 coaching staff, with the player a possible contender for a call-up for this summer's European Championship in Sweden.

Hammill's long-term future at Liverpool is uncertain with Reds boss Rafa Benitez expected to bring in new faces in the summer to further increase competition for places at Anfield.

The 21-year-old is highly-regarded at Liverpool, but he could be tempted to move on in search of regular first-team football if the right club comes along.

A number of sides are thought to be monitoring Hammill's situation with representatives from Bolton, West Brom and Wolves all believed to have cast an eye over the player in recent weeks.

The reasonable level of clubs looking at him would suggest that he has some talent at Premiership level , but unfortunately if ATK is right he might as well go to try & get some games & earn us some money.

Is it an attitude thing or do they think he is not talented enough ATK ? - I remember some rubbish on here about his facebook profile and the whole 'Hamdog' image , before he went to Scotland.

I think it's a bit of both to be honest. He's been out on loan to 4 clubs in 3 seasons and hasnt completed a full season for any of those clubs. He's had a big impact at each club but not big enough to warrant a recall to the liverpool squad/team. (the biggest impact at Dunfermline id say, he was a (rightly so) hero up there and by far their best player, even at 19)

I think he'd be good to have next season if Babel doesnt get his act sorted, but im not sure if Benitez has got plans for him at this moment in time. Think we might have another Guthrie situation personally

EDIT:With regards to his facebook/myspace profile... That was a load of nonsense. He doesnt even have either of those sites, it was just sad people immitating him.

Get rid of El Zhar and promote Hammill.

Yup. Can hardly contribute with less than Nabil and he will have the crowd and Stevie and Carra firmly behind him.

His trickery could be useful against tired legs in the teams that come and park the bus.

If it doesn't work out, we can always let him go.

The problem we are facing is we need a first eleven of top players if we are to win the league next season.

The wings have been our weakness for a long time and whilst i dont think Riera is good enough for us long term you only have to look at the difference and balance he has made to the team.

For me Hammil is good enough to be back up to the main winger but i wouldnt like to think we were playing the lad for a long period of time out there.

Me personally i would sell Babel, Dossena and Riera to be able to sign a top quality left winger and then have this winger, Hammil and Yossi all battle it out.

The really goes for all the players in the ressies such as Antwi etc because for me if they are 20+ and not ready for the first team squad as back up i would move them on.

I think El Zhar as done all right as a sub this season.

Plenty of our players do 'alright'. The trouble is, alright doesn't win you anything.

El Zhar is not a prospect and I can't see him improving enough. If he was going to be a top player he'd be a lot better than he is right now.

Plenty of our players do 'alright'. The trouble is, alright doesn't win you anything.

El Zhar is not a prospect and I can't see him improving enough. If he was going to be a top player he'd be a lot better than he is right now.

I was only replying to someone who posted he can't contribute less than El Zhar. He can.

I'd like all our players to be brilliant but it's not gonna happen until we get money from somewhere.

I haven't been impressed from what I've seen of Hammill, don't think he's good enough to be back up on the left.

But I do think Riera needs some competition for that position, because at present Babel isn't offering any.

I think Hammill is the sort of player who would flourish, playing at a better standard alongside better players. Cristiano Ronaldo was raw and inconsistant for the first two years but because they stuck with him, they are now reaping the rewards.

I'd like to see Hammill involved in the first team squad next season as he would give us an attacking threat from the bench but also could start against lesser opposition.

No mate, I believe those players will leave. There will be a few of the foriegn lads leaving as well, as I said a south american centre half is supposed to be going back home.

That Bruna is shit, yet stays, Mendy dreadful, I'm better than most of them and i'm 40.

Its more about earning money than getting players who can make it. Feel sorry for Ablett, although I'd like him to come out and say something when he goes shortly

What about Flora?