You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's the verdict on them? Do you still think they're funny or do you reckon they've aged badly?

Personally, I quite like them even though you can see the jokes a mile off. I think it's probably a case of knowing what you're goint to get. Plus, Sid James is one of those people who I've just got to look at to laugh at.

The first 6 Carry On films in black and white were very good. Carry On Spying and Carry on Constable were particularly good. On the whole there are some fine moments in alot of the colour films, but some are a total abomination. Carry On Abroad was one that made me chuckle.

That's what prompted me to start the thread because it was on telly yesterday. As you said, some great moments in that.

I like them, there's something so quintessentialy British about them. I love all those kind of films, the "On the Bus's" and "Steptoe and Son" spin-offs had the same feel, they remind me of happy happy childhood summers spent swathed in calamine lotion to fight the pink sunburn.

That's what prompted me to start the thread because it was on telly yesterday. As you said, some great moments in that.

Ah right, I havent seen that in years, but as I recall they all went off to 'Ells Bells resort in Spain that wasn't anywhere near finished and Ken Williams was the tour guide and there was a totally nice looking girl who was his sidekick. I'd say that was one of my favourites.

If you haven't seen the B&W ones Comrade, check them out. From memory they are Carry On Sergeant, Teacher, Nurse, Spying, Constable and Regardless.

Bob Monkhouse and Bill Owen were in Sergeant which was the first one ever made.

I like them, there's something so quintessentialy British about them. I love all those kind of films, the "On the Bus's" and "Steptoe and Son" spin-offs had the same feel, they remind me of happy happy childhood summers spent swathed in calamine lotion to fight the pink sunburn.

Bang on that Paulo. I also loved the spin off films. Some of them were a bit cheesy, but I still love the Likely Lads and Steptoe films to this day.

Oh those lovely memories of sunburn before we had heard of an ozone layer and skin cancer.

Oh and I love Carry On films. "Infamy, infamy. You've all got it infamy"

Can't argue with that, Syd James' laugh will never age.

Carry on Abroad and Carry on at you Convienence are my favourites.

It was humour that personally they could only get away with by the actors in that era as Carry on Colombus was terrible and hopefully it seems Carry on London will never see the light of day.

Must admit i love that era of humour and have the full collection of the movies plus the complete On the Buses series and movies.

Seaside postcard humour at its best.

I think they're funny even though you can see the joke a mile off. Syd James' laugh is boss dirty old man laugh and Kenneth Williams and Charles Hawtrey are ace.

They're the type of film that are always on telly on a bank holiday weekend like Zulu.

The black and whites are the best but some of the later ones in colour are classics, i had them all on video sold them a few years ago. Out of the ones in colour i think carry on follow that camel, carry on abroad, carry on doctor and carry on up the khyber are really good

Carry On films are superace. All I have to do is see Sid James or Bernard Bresslaw and I'm sniggering already.

I know they're all the same. I don't care. They kick arse.

This man is correct in every aspect apart from one.

He failed to mention Jack Douglas. The sight of Sid, Bernard Bresslaw and Jack is guaranteed to make you chortle.