You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wenger, Ferguson and Hiddink

Red Nick

Just wondered what they thought about us being second in the league with players such as

Lucas, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Reira, Babel, and Aurellio

I could see Kuyt getting a game for Manu in a dificult Champions League away game but the rest would struggle to get in those team reserves

Guest the boy
Just wondered what they thought about us being second in the league with players such as

I could see Kuyt getting a game for Manu in a dificult Champions League away game but the rest would struggle to get in those team reserves

you're a buffoon.

Guest the boy

That point merited a post of its own.

Presumably you also wonder what Ferguson thought of having been outplayed by us home and away. Are you familiar with O'Shea and Neville; with Park, Nani and Fletcher? Or Denilson, Eboue and Bendner? Or Malouda, Kalou and Mikel?

you are atrocious.

I love the way Hiddink is already worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Ferguson and Wenger, despite having only been in England a few months. Apparently one off games do nothing to prove that you can win the league here. You know, all Hiddink has really done is beat us in a one off game.

Disclaimer: I think Hiddink is a brilliant manager, and always felt that he should be who we go for if Rafa leaves, I'm just not sure how - on Nick's criteria - he's already ahead of Rafa in the pecking order and would 'piss the league' next season.

I put forward Nick's question to each of the aforementioned managers and got the following responses...

Wenger: I didn't know they were second. I didn't see it.

Ferguson: A dunnae know what hey mind ghames sqwekky bam.

Hiddink: Will a boy ever be born that can swim faster than a shark?

we got to the top of the league with the above not despite the above. the fickle nature of some fans gets on my fucking TITS. when we battered three teams on the trot we weren't the best team in the world and losing heavily midweek doesn't make us the worst team. oh, the team that beat us heavily we beat home and away THIS season with some of the listed players involved in some form or another.

I love the way Hiddink is already worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Ferguson and Wenger, despite having only been in England a few months. Apparently one off games do nothing to prove that you can win the league here. You know, all Hiddink has really done is beat us in a one off game.

Disclaimer: I think Hiddink is a brilliant manager, and always felt that he should be who we go for if Rafa leaves, I'm just not sure how - on Nick's criteria - he's already ahead of Rafa in the pecking order and would 'piss the league' next season.

To his credit he has adapted to the league quickly, the players respect him and he turned round a sinking ship. But we need a few years before we put him up there with Ferguson and Wenger.

Most of us have wondered the same thing at times as well!

Any one of those players would easily get into those teams reserves and you know it. Arbeloa, Riera and Aurelio would be fine in each of those first teams aswell. Our squad is overall weaker, so when we don't play at full strength it just makes those players seem weaker aswell, because the team often has dull periods when it's not at it's best. If any of them played in stronger squads you'd probably not even notice anything wrong.

Aurelio is one of the best too, you're on a wind up.

HowlAtMoon.jpg

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
To his credit he has adapted to the league quickly, the players respect him and he turned round a sinking ship. But we need a few years before we put him up there with Ferguson and Wenger.

And Rafa you tit

Short memories, I remember everyone hailing Scolari as the second coming after Chelsea started well