You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had five good years up in Newcastle and have nothing but good to report about the people there. I stayed in a very run down area but beside the usual minority of anti-social twats I was made very welcome as a Scouser and was shown genuine warmth and comradeship.

I, for one, would be very sad to see them drop down. They have had various money-grabbing twats, like we have at the moment, running their beloved club and it is out of the fans hands but they still turn up in their thousands and support their club. Good luck to them and 'Howay the lad's' I say.

I dont get the hatred of Newcastle.

People buzz of them for supporting there team, just because they do it in a manner we dont doesnt mean it doesnt mean something.

Geordies are ace and second only to Scousers in being generally sound.

I'd much rather Boro go down, BUT I have to say I honestly think Newcastle will go.

No,no they're not.

Shower of two faced fucking cunts. Try to be your mate down here, as soon as you go up to their place though the bile just pours out.

At least Chelsea, Arsenal & Utd are honest and hate you home & away.

Fucking plebs.

No,no they're not.

Shower of two faced fucking cunts. Try to be your mate down here, as soon as you go up to their place though the bile just pours out.

At least Chelsea, Arsenal & Utd are honest and hate you home & away.

Fucking plebs.

Thats bollocks.

I've spent loads of time up there and apart from one dickhead everyone was lovely to us.

You get dickheads everywhere.

Thats bollocks.

I've spent loads of time up there and apart from one dickhead everyone was lovely to us.

You get dickheads everywhere.

Police State. & Home fans Grassing.

Is about the only thing I can take from that place.

No time for them.

And they were obnoxious cunts holiday too.

On the one hand it would be funny.

But if there is one team you really want to see looming on the horizon when you want to put points on the board, and improve your goal difference, it's Newcastle. I'd miss that.

I love our matches against Newcastle. The fact that they usually play without a defence makes it most amusing. Boro I want to go down for obvious reasons and seeing as West Brom look almost relegated, I'd like to see either fat Sam's Blackburn (I see he's turning them into thugs already) or the long-ball, stifle the life out of the game small timers Stoke.

Police State. & Home fans Grassing.

Is about the only thing I can take from that place.

No time for them.

And they were obnoxious cunts holiday too.

Thats in the ground.

I have been there to watch us and I agree the Police are nobs but I've been loads to stay with my ex's family and everyone was brilliant with us.

Thats in the ground.

I have been there to watch us and I agree the Police are nobs but I've been loads to stay with my ex's family and everyone was brilliant with us.

Um... I was in Cyprus on holiday. Does that still count as in the ground?

I just haven't had any good experiences with them. It sounds like I was generalising and it's not meant to. I'm sure there are a lot of lovely geordie lads & lasses, but my experience of them at their place was they seemed to be few & far between.

In fairness I was in Ayia Napa when 50 of them turned up at our hotel, so it's probably my own fault for staying in such a shithole.

I like to think of the league as a whole. The league is well better with the Everton's, Newcastle's etc in it.

That said, the perfect scenario would be for them to get relegated for 1 season then come back up. I've said it before, if Everton ever got relegated, we'd miss the games against them. I don't care what anyone says.

Guest Kenny
They're going down, aren't they? Please may the gods of football make it happen and send that 'big' club to the championship.

It would be the most amusing relegation since Leeds went down.

Do they still think they are going to win the league this season.

We've got a newcastle relegation party booked as one of our friends is a Newcastle fan.

Seriously though, Id prefer they stayed up. Some of them are dolts, but most geordies I know are reasonable and realistic football fans.

I dont get the hatred of Newcastle.

People buzz of them for supporting there team, just because they do it in a manner we dont doesnt mean it doesnt mean something.

Geordies are ace and second only to Scousers in being generally sound.

I'd much rather Boro go down, BUT I have to say I honestly think Newcastle will go.

Everytime I've been to Newcastle Away they've been sound.

Dont hate them, actually enjoy the away trip there every season, but would love them to go down just to see that smarmy little cunt Owen go with them.

Firstly, it's been five years, stop being so bitter already. And secondly, do you honestly think he won't jump ship if they do go down?

I lived their for 3 years in the late 80's and i have to say I'd be delighted if they go down; I'm sick and tired of all the Geordie superfan mythology. Back then they were lucky to get 20,000 most weeks, and the average attendance was only dragged up above that by a full house when liverpool and united came to town. Often they would get 16 or 17 thousand at a time when clubs like city and everton were averaging mid to high 30's and we were pulling in 40,000. Superfans? my fat hairy spotty arse they are!

Add to that the bunch of plebs who were in the cabbage last year singing "in your livepool slums" and you'll get the jist of why I want them gone.

I should add that when footy is not involved i quite like the geordies, they seem a decent bunch if a bit hard to understand

There's something deseperately unhealthy about being a one club city. They can't help that, but they don't realise it. Without a rival city club, nearly everyone supports Newcastle - big deal, it's not actually the proof that they think it is of some kind of God-given regional emotional intensity. What it does lead to is a damaging lack of any sense of perspective or self-awareness. So they can boo their own players, boo their own board and regularly leave the ground ten or twenty minutes early and STILL boast about being 'the best fans in the world'! And when they DO get a bit of success, they immediately become the most smug and arrogant fans on the planet. Remember when Keegan's team was riding high? Sir John Hall was in the media all the time, predicting European Super Leagues and God knows what, all the time sounding like his team was destined to dominate the lot - and they hadn't even won anything! There's just no middle level with them - it's either psychotic depression or manic optimism. They really do need a spell in a lower league.

There's something deseperately unhealthy about being a one club city. They can't help that, but they don't realise it. Without a rival city club, nearly everyone supports Newcastle - big deal, it's not actually the proof that they think it is of some kind of God-given regional emotional intensity. What it does lead to is a damaging lack of any sense of perspective or self-awareness. So they can boo their own players, boo their own board and regularly leave the ground ten or twenty minutes early and STILL boast about being 'the best fans in the world'! And when they DO get a bit of success, they immediately become the most smug and arrogant fans on the planet. Remember when Keegan's team was riding high? Sir John Hall was in the media all the time, predicting European Super Leagues and God knows what, all the time sounding like his team was destined to dominate the lot - and they hadn't even won anything! There's just no middle level with them - it's either psychotic depression or manic optimism. They really do need a spell in a lower league.