You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I never used to like Russel Brand at all, but lately he strikes me as intelligent, honest and compassionate. Not entirely sure about his views on spirituality, but at least he can articulate them consistently and is entitled to his viewpoint.

I was converted by his autobiography....well worth a read

(and also the column he used to write in the Sport section of the Guardian)

But thats exactly what I'm saying. All his points are valid, but the media will just focus on him calling someone in the audience "mate", and whatever shoes he was wearing. And in turn, so will great swathes of the public.

fuck the media. my opinion from last night was based on the points he made. and so will most who watched it.

fair play to russell brand here

Brand was ace and Boris was stuttering like a bastard when trying to explain the 'cheap' rental prices in London (he never gave any figures). Brand was also great when he was talking about (himself) paying more tax but NOT to the Tory govt as "he doesn't trust them". Great work, he's changed my opinion of him.

Genius might be a bit strong, but he has a whip sharp brain and an ability to retain his focus on the underlying issue rather than the surface question which is quite engaging. I thought he was holding back a bit last night, but he's done some good interviews including the Paxman one. The article he did on Thatcher and his stance on Hillsborough are also spot on.

Genius might be a bit strong' date=' but he has a whip sharp brain and an ability to retain his focus on the underlying issue rather than the surface question which is quite engaging. I thought he was holding back a bit last night, but he's done some good interviews including the Paxman one. The article he did on Thatcher and his stance on Hillsborough are also spot on.[/quote']

I haven't seen the QT episode yet (might have a look now) but I totally agree about Brand. I read a piece by him a few years ago and since I look forward to reading what he writes and says. He's one of my favourite commentators and often undervalued by those who can't get past his stupid hair.

I used to hate Brand, but I think he's a real class act now.

He's definitely in the 'you cant judge a book by its cover' category, especially for grown heterosexual males, I could imagine.

Its all too easy to judge him by his appearance and the jibberish that is his stage act and the 'celebrity' tag but all that detracts from his intelligence, his ability to analyse and learn from his own experiences, his recognition of his own fallibilty and his compassion for others

He's definitely in the 'you cant judge a book by its cover' category, especially for grown heterosexual males, I could imagine.

Its all too easy to judge him by his appearance and the jibberish that is his stage act and the 'celebrity' tag but all that detracts from his intelligence, his ability to analyse and learn from his own experiences, his recognition of his own fallibilty and his compassion for others

His voice just grates though.

His voice just grates though.

See above

Here she goes!

Watched it on player this afternoon. Watching Phillips was like carrying out a mental health assessment....she could only maintain the veneer for so long, press the wrong button and the whole aura of reason just disintegrated

Watched it on player this afternoon. Watching Phillips was like carrying out a mental health assessment....she could only maintain the veneer for so long, press the wrong button and the whole aura of reason just disintegrated

The daft mare makes me think David Icke was right.

Should be good tonight as Mark Steel is on......nowadays you never look what Labour politician is on you look to see if a comedian is on the show as they talk more sense and say things a Labour voter would want to hear.

Oh for the days when Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner used to be on this programme.