You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yes they were young and immature, they even spoke a load of shit.

How does that differentiate them from the rest of the electotrate?

Interestingly, while Salmond has fought to make 16 and 17 year olds eligible to vote in the referendum according to current polls it seems that by a large majority they would opt for the staus quo

Interestingly' date=' while Salmond has fought to make 16 and 17 year olds eligible to vote in the referendum according to current polls it seems that by a large majority they would opt for the staus quo[/quote']

I think when he pushed that through though polls had suggested otherwise. I remember when it was 1st mooted there was talk of 80% of that age group being in favour of independence.

I think when he pushed that through though polls had suggested otherwise. I remember when it was 1st mooted there was talk of 80% of that age group being in favour of independence.

I think that's right and as lifey just said, in that respect they're maybe not so different from the rest of the population as the date gets closer. I don't know anyone in my circle for it

If you can pay tax and die for your country then you can vote. I used to go ape shit at 16 when taxed and not allowed to vote, I'd be the worst kind if hypocrite to now say they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Yes 16 year olds are immature, know nothing twats. That doesn't differentiate them from the rest of the electorate though.

If you can pay tax and die for your country then you can vote. I used to go ape shit at 16 when taxed and not allowed to vote' date=' I'd be the worst kind if hypocrite to now say they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Yes 16 year olds are immature, know nothing twats. That doesn't differentiate them from the rest of the electorate though.[/quote']

I would let them go tax free and not allow them to go to war if it meant they couldn't vote after watching that the other night.

Watched it on iPlayer. Apart from that soft get who accused the English of attacking Scots who ventured across the border, I thought for their age the majority were ok. I think the lad talking about the UN has gotten some unfair stick. I understood the point he was trying to make about the permanent members of the UN Security Council, he just articulated it badly. Galloway served to expose the paucity of political debate on offer from the other parties.

Watched it on iPlayer. Apart from that soft get who accused the English of attacking Scots who ventured across the border, I thought for their age the majority were ok. I think the lad talking about the UN has gotten some unfair stick. I understood the point he was trying to make about the permanent members of the UN Security Council, he just articulated it badly. Galloway served to expose the paucity of political debate on offer from the other parties.

I thought Galloway made some excellent points as he often does, especially about Scottish nationalism seeming to be wholly defined by anti-Englishness.

I thought Galloway made some excellent points as he often does, especially about Scottish nationalism seeming to be wholly defined by anti-Englishness.

Yes. And the guy from the SNP did very little to alter that impression. In fact he did nothing to alter it at all.