You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No one expected us to be in this position?

JMARKH

Has anyone said second will be a great season?

For the purpose of your reply Catch22's opinion doesn't count (no offence Catch but your position on this is rather unique).

I said over the next few months judging by the tone and content of some people recently, and not just here. Not many are categorically saying so now, but if we fade, i expect them to say they are happy with the season. Personally if we fade, I think we'll have let it behind us we the stupid points dropped and be devastated.

Anyhow, lets win this one tonight, and hope it doesn't come to it.

Only positivity for the rest of the evening.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said over the next few months judging by the tone and content of some people recently, and not just here. Not many are categorically saying so now, but if we fade, i expect them to say they are happy with the season. Personally if we fade, I think we'll have let it behind us we the stupid points dropped and be devastated.

Anyhow, lets win this one tonight, and hope it doesn't come to it.

Only positivity for the rest of the evening.

That's fair enough. Personally I'll be disappointed if we don't win it after leading at the half way stage, although I'd settle for the CL and FA Cup.

You do and you have. What you can't get into your head is that you keep going on and on and on and on and and it gets on peoples tits. Oh my, maybe you are the Rash.

I have in retaliation ye, but if you can dig out a post were I have just personally insulted someone on this forum for having an opinion then good luck.

yep - as I've just put in another thread in answer to the question.... Is it the best that this bunch of players can do on a regular basis?

If you see the key strength of a top class manager as the ability to get the best out of his players on a regular basis, and to make the team greater than the sum of its parts, then the next logical question is - is this the best that this group of players can do regularly?

If the answer is 'yes', then we need to acknowledge this and stop putting unrealistic expectations on the team.

If the answer is 'no', we have to wonder whether another manager could do better with the current set of players.

yep - as I've just put in another thread in answer to the question.... Is it the best that this bunch of players can do on a regular basis?

If you see the key strength of a top class manager as the ability to get the best out of his players on a regular basis, and to make the team greater than the sum of its parts, then the next logical question is - is this the best that this group of players can do regularly?

If the answer is 'yes', then we need to acknowledge this and stop putting unrealistic expectations on the team.

If the answer is 'no', we have to wonder whether another manager could do better with the current set of players.

As I said in the other thread its a No for me

that's a very long and convoluted albeit diplomatic way of saying 'rafa out'.

that's a very long and convoluted albeit diplomatic way of saying 'rafa out'.

If we fade off into the distance and United stroll to the league, then after 5 years the question needs to be asked is he the man who will deliver the title?

Whether the answer is yay or nay is relatively moot at present.