You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wenger.

Kopite

"Red cards like that would be nice when we are kicked off the park"?

WTF?

"Keane should have been sent off in the first minute."

WTF mk II?

"We'd have won the game had we had eleven men".

I thought going down to ten men suited them myself. Before the sending-off we were well on-top.

I think someone is under-pressure.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He moans when players do exactly the same tackles on his players and he says they should never play again eg. Taylor. Then when Adebayor does the same tackles on opposition he doesnt see it or the referee doesnt know what he's doing. That's the sign of a hypocrit i'd say.

It's the similar desperation we heard from Houllier in the final months. Had that stayed 11 v 11, then we would have won 3-1 or so. They went down to 10 and immediately upped their game hugely like happens so often (recent enough games against Everton where we lost Biscan and Gerrard are testimony to that).

Adebayor deserved to go, we were playing very well and all over them and should have won. Wenger has no complaint.

I agree with most of that actually - the more distant in the past 2005 becomes, the more people remember just how long ago his last trophy was (never mind his last title) and the angrier he'll get at every disaster that stops them winning the title - and make no mistake we removed them from the Title race yesterday - they NEEDED a win and didn't get it. They're to far back now because of that.

Wenger's under pressure as they NEED new trophies/titles to entice more fans and more revenue to replace their HUGE outlay on the Emirates, the more they stutter therefore with their need for extra revenue the more under pressure he'll feel and he DOES remind me a lot of Houllier in 2004 actually which is surreal since he was one of the main reasons Houllier got the boot.

Incidentally if Keane should have been sent off then what about Sagna for his booking for an attempted scissors kick on Babel was it? THAT was a Red if Keane's (Fair) tackle was, easily. As to who would have won the game with 11 men, well one team was in charge at 11 v 11 and it wasn't them. The man's a hypocrite, under pressure and MIGHT be out of a job come May 2009 or 2010.

I don't get this Wenger hatred.

We are Lfc fans & without him the Mancs would be on more than 18.....

& his teams play good football

Ok, he does whinge an awful lot, but let's save our hatred for those who really deserve it (note to editor: please add photo of Neville Neville)

Im beginning to wonder why is it that no hacks in the press are seriously questioning wengers marbles. I mean "Red cards like that would be nice when we are kicked off the park." Er, why dont you teach your players to be tougher? Mind adebayor knows how to put a foot in doesnt he arsene?

"Keane should have been sent off in the first minute." You really must be looking through gun sights to come out with that one! What for?

"We'd have won the game had we had eleven men". Er, yessss. Even the london loving press say we were on top during that period arsene so what game were you watching?

"It looks like the title could be won with a points tally similar to when I won my first title in 1998. That year we got 78 points." 78 wouldnt just happen to be round about the total you expect to get this season, is it?

Dont know about the 'professor' but 'clown' seems to be more appropriate this season.

His moaning is tiresome and he is one of the most myopic, biased managers you will hear from after a game. All that said, the brand of football his team usually plays is laudable. They do need some more steel though. How many seasons have gone by without them winning anything?

I agree with the view that Wenger is under pressure. In all likelihood most of that will be pressure he puts on himself. He has enjoyed the quiet professor moniker for a long time. Unfortunately these days he is not particularly quiet or professorial, judging by the ludicrous comments he makes.

A UEFA cup spot would put a huge dent in their ambitions. It will hamper the stadium payment and the likes of Fabregas might not want to stick around.

Wenger is almost on a par with Ferguson these days when it comes to this shit. In the past he's presided over some of the most brutal football teams the Premiership has ever witnessed, and yet he 'never sees anything'. I agree with the rev, it's just plain boring and a little bit pathetic.

Maybe if he spent more time addressing his team's shortcomings and less time with the Hitler's bunker shit, they might actually look like winning a trophy.

Just woke up with a bit of a bad hangover, and this is the first thing that's made me laugh. It'll be especially funny if Villa win today aswell :

Arsenal are still title contenders, according to boss Arsene Wenger. (Daily Express)

But Aston Villa, two places and three points above Arsenal in the table going into their Boxing Day fixture, are not contenders in Wenger's view. (Various)

I used to love Wenger, still the only manager to really take the bully that is Ferguson on, however pressure is obviously something he doesn't handle well, he's going very, very Houlllier of late and that's a bit sad from someone who's brought so much to our game. His comments after last weeks game were completely ga ga.

Wenger is almost on a par with Ferguson these days when it comes to this shit. In the past he's presided over some of the most brutal football teams the Premiership has ever witnessed, and yet he 'never sees anything'. I agree with the rev, it's just plain boring and a little bit pathetic.

Maybe if he spent more time addressing his team's shortcomings and less time with the Hitler's bunker shit, they might actually look like winning a trophy.

As one of the reds at work said - "75+ red cards in his time as Arsenal manager says everything about the man."

Very brutal. As much as I dislike Man Utd do you remember Keown tw*tting Van Nistlerooy after the final whistle a few seasons ago?

Listening to Wenger you'd think there was a campaign to injure his players. He seems to want opposition players sent off for committing fouls much less serious than what his own carry out every week.