Quantcast
Going Out, Getting Older Question. - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Section_31

Going Out, Getting Older Question.

I heard a mma guy even deny the part of Florida I ended going to was actually part of Florida. He kept trying to give it to Alabama. 

USA is a huge and pretty diverse country, hard to imagine 2 cities in the same country being more different than the 2 I visited - Las Vegas and San Fransisco. If I were to go again, I'd like to go to the arse end of nowhere, where they don't have too many tourists (some cad will be along shortly to recommend a ghetto in Detroit now).

Portland (In-Fact Oregon in general) has always appealed to me. 

I think if I was to live over there, other than New York I think I would choose Portland or Boston. I've only ever been to NYC but the others appeal to me. As does San Francisco to be fair. 

I'd love to visit a few proper detached places, maybe Elk Cove where they shot Overboard. Not sure I'd want to actually live in rural America though. Seems to take them a lot longer to catch-up with time than the bigger cities. I spend ages going round little villages on Google Maps in America. It fascinates me but they all seem to have one theme running through them. They look like 60's towns. Fucking hillbillies. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think if I was to live over there, other than New York I think I would choose Portland or Boston. I've only ever been to NYC but the others appeal to me. As does San Francisco to be fair. 

I'd love to visit a few proper detached places, maybe Elk Cove where they shot Overboard. Not sure I'd want to actually live in rural America though. Seems to take them a lot longer to catch-up with time than the bigger cities. I spend ages going round little villages on Google Maps in America. It fascinates me but they all seem to have one theme running through them. They look like 60's towns. Fucking hillbillies. 

Is that playing geoguessr?

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No? what in the name of holy fucking hot-dogs is that? 

Google streetview drops you somewhere in the world - you have to guess where.

Link: http://geoguessr.com/

Thread about it: 

• Upvote 1

I'm not long turned 40 and have the prospect of having to organise a stag do, because I'm getting married in 12 months. It really doesn't appeal to me. Do you think the lads would be interest in just meeting in a big sports pub with a dart board and a fairly priced mixed grill and sitting there for a couple of days?

33 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm not long turned 40 and have the prospect of having to organise a stag do, because I'm getting married in 12 months. It really doesn't appeal to me. Do you think the lads would be interest in just meeting in a big sports pub with a dart board and a fairly priced mixed grill and sitting there for a couple of days?

Make it into something you would appreciate and get the best man to do the dog work. If the above what you fancy, do it

38 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Can I come ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The US has a certain charm to it, no doubt due to the influences of TV shows and movies. I imagine the reality of some of these places are far less appealing.

I'd still love to go and explore every state.

Mainly for the food.

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm 42, got married last year and never had a stag do. Just couldn't be arsed having one

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Alaska appeals to me for some reason. I'm sure I've said it before on here, but I'd love to live somewhere that is snowy and cold all the time. 

Would probably yearn for the sun eventually, but I'd like to give it a go.

18 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Alaska appeals to me for some reason. I'm sure I've said it before on here, but I'd love to live somewhere that is snowy and cold all the time. 

Would probably yearn for the sun eventually, but I'd like to give it a go.

Didn't you emigrate to New Zealand?

Cozumel, Mexico is a great time. Loads of good bars (you can smoke inside), restaurants and girls with boss arses. Its also surprisingly safe and cheap as fuck 

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Didn't you emigrate to New Zealand?

Yeah, because my missus is from here. Didn't come for the weather, although it is quite nice in the summer if you like that kind of thing.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

Then don't have one.

6 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Yeah, because my missus is from here. Didn't come for the weather, although it is quite nice in the summer if you like that kind of thing.

New Zealand looks like a beautiful place to live.

7 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Your job as head of the New Zealand Tourist Board suits you well.

55 minutes ago, Elite said:

New Zealand looks like a beautiful place to live.

Yeah until you refuse to cook the man some fucking eggs 

11 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Your job as head of the New Zealand Tourist Board suits you well.

The older I get, the less excited I am about anything. Weather bores the shit out of me. It's either too hot or too cold.