You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I want to watch Nolan films on the big screen.

Get an 88" 8K TV and Nolan will probably come round and watch it with you. 

Three new Star Wars films and the Avatar sequels have all been delayed due to the pandemic in the US...

Three unnamed Star Wars movies – with one presumably being Taika Waititi’s project – will now launch across several years (via Variety). The first (originally intended to reach cinemas in December 2022) will land on December 22, 2023. That’s followed two years later by another holiday release on December 19, 2025. The final movie of the trio is currently set for December 17, 2027.

Now, deep breath: Avatar 2 is coming on December 16, 2022. Avatar 3 (December 20, 2024), Avatar 4 (December 18, 2026), and finally Avatar 5 (December 22, 2028) will follow.

In a statement, Cameron said, “Due to the impact of the pandemic has had on our schedule it is no longer possible for us to make that date.”

That’s not all from the House of Mouse. The French Dispatch and, most interestingly, Mulan have been taken off the schedules entirely. Mulan was originally set for August 21 but, with COVID-19 still not under control in the US and other major territories, it appears that the summer blockbuster season is now a complete washout. Mulan, along with The French Dispatch, no longer has a release date.

Elsewhere, The Last Duel, starring Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, will now release on October 25, 2021; Death on the Nile (October 23, 2020) and The Empty Man (December 4, 2020) get slight knockbacks but are still set for this year.

• 5 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Well, this certainly isn't like any other live-action Batman movie we've seen. The first trailer for The Batman was revealed at the DC FanDome virtual convention, giving us a much better look at Robert Pattinson as the Caped Crusader, as well as an idea of who the primary villain is.

We already know that Selina Kyle (Zoe Kravitz), Oswald Cobblepot (Colin Farrell), and Riddler (Paul Dano) will figure into the movie. However, based on this first trailer, it looks like Riddler will be getting the most screentime of the three. In the two-minute clip, it's shown that Riddler is leaving a trail of bodies with notes and coded messages to Batman, indicating the villain is obsessed with him. The Riddler also seems to be painting Batman as a "liar" and seeking to expose him.

It's refreshing to see the trailer center so heavily on Riddler and that this portrayal is being taken in a much different direction than the only other big-screen Riddler fans have seen (Jim Carrey's in Batman Forever). This take on the character is dark, demented, and murderous.

There's plenty else to see in the trailer, including a gang of thugs wearing facepaint that seem somewhat reminiscent of a certain Clown Prince of Crime, as well as several other characters you'll meet in the film. Of course, there's lots of Bruce Wayne brooding going on too, because what's a Batman movie without that? In face, Warner Bros. released a trio of stills pulled from the trailer that show Bruce off perfectly.

If you're excited about these, wait till you see what we have for you in #TheBatman panel at #DCFanDome starting at 5:30 PST. pic.twitter.com/hzSm4zV7i0

— Warner Bros. Pictures (@wbpictures) August 22, 2020

Director Matt Reeves also had plenty to say about what to expect the film. It's important to note this is not another Batman origin story. Instead, it finds him in his second year as the Dark Knight as the Riddler's murders are being carried out. Selina is not yet Catwoman in the film, and Cobblepot is not the criminal kingpin he will one day become--he also hates being called Penguin, which is a staple of the character.

Given that this is just the first look at The Batman, there will be plenty more for director Matt Reeves to share in the coming months--especially given that only 25-30% of the film has been shot so far.

The Batman is currently scheduled to hit theaters on October 1, 2021. For other news out of FanDome, take a look at our breakdown of the Zack Snyder's Justice League trailer, as well as a new look at Wonder Woman 1984.

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

To be honest, Pattinson doesn’t look as bad as I expected. I’m not writing it off because they’re promising a more nuanced take where they concentrate on the detective side of the character. But we’ll have to see.

I really hope they do, after all DC does stand for Detective Comics. Unfortunately in trying to compete with Marvel, they have completely forgotten where the roots of the characters lay.

On 23/08/2020 at 10:42, Anubis said:

To be honest, Pattinson doesn’t look as bad as I expected. I’m not writing it off because they’re promising a more nuanced take where they concentrate on the detective side of the character. But we’ll have to see.

It doesn't look very nuanced when he's beating up that fella, it looks like another beat em up computer game. 

10 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It doesn't look very nuanced when he's beating up that fella, it looks like another beat em up computer game. 

Congratulations on picking out a single scene and using it to chat shit. My compliments, sir. Expertly done.

21 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Congratulations on picking out a single scene and using it to chat shit. My compliments, sir. Expertly done.

Probably the main scene from a two minute trailer. 

Anyway, we'll see. I don't think the world needed another gritty Batman film so soon after the last lot. I don't want it to turn into Spiderman where seemingly a new one comes out every month! 

10 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Probably the main scene from a two minute trailer. 

Anyway, we'll see. I don't think the world needed another gritty Batman film so soon after the last lot. I don't want it to turn into Spiderman where seemingly a new one comes out every month! 

Actually the chat shit bit was unnecessarily harsh and I apologise. What I should have said was that I think taking one scene out of awhile film is not the best way to judge it. It may well turn out to be crap, but I’m willing to give it a chance.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Are Disney Plus really charging subscribers £19.99 to watch the live-action version of Mulan rather than release it in cinemas? That’s more expensive than going to the cinema.

Yes, I think the state of US/Chinese relations has spooked them too. It's only more expensive if you go on your own, a group of people or a couple either save money or stand pat, plus you keep the movie as long as you have Disney+.