You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First image from Star Wars: Rogue One

CMeQHkoUcAAHLWI.png

Is that Leia at the front? Or Mon Mothma? I'm guessing because my understanding is that this one is about the mission to steal the plans of the Death Star and they were both key Rebel leaders involved in it.

This is getting a bit of hype.

The internet is ruining horror.

Horror doesn't benefit from hype, it should be a something you go to watch having heard very little about, films like this and the Babadook* are killed by hype.

*I hated the Babadook it was shit, but I probably would have enjoyed it going in cold instead of expecting to be terrified.

The Witch trailer: Sundance horror hit crafts an eerie atmosphere.

The first trailer for the acclaimed chiller about sinister happenings in 1600s New England creeps on to the web.

It’s been another fairly innocuous year for horror at the cinema (bar It Follows) and no one will be losing any sleep over Insidious 3 or The Woman in Black 2. So when The Witch came out of nowhere to receive ecstatic reviews at Sundance, genre fans took note.

The Guardian’s Jordan Hoffman called it “something near greatness” and the first quote-heavy trailer has now emerged to give us all a closer look.

It’s a stylishly put together 150 seconds of dread, hinting at the tensions that emerge within a family in 1600s New England. When their baby is kidnapped by a witch, their tight dynamic starts to unravel. It’s set generations before the 1692 Salem witch trails, but shares a similar line in communal madness.

The Witch, a first feature from writer-director Robert Eggers, will be showing at the Toronto film festival in September.

The Witch hits cinemas next year; its release date is yet to be announced.

It does look good that and I've already heard positive things about it. I will however reserve judgement until I've seen it because decent horror films are hard to find and sometimes trailers look better that the actual films.

Also, whoever cast Finchy in a leading role needs fucking head testing. As soon as I heard his voice on the narrating it lost some marks.

Guest Super Sub

This is getting a bit of hype.

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXpUaQpXMA

Couldn't resist and went and read some spoilers on the web. I now know what happens in the film. I will say nothing.