You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner

StevieH

I'm just waiting for the Paul Tomkins article on how Milner completed more stepovers - or tripped over his laces more times - than anyone else in the Premiership last season. I'm still chuckling over his attempt to justify the purchase of Pennant in 2006 through those stats showing he made 298 crosses in the course of a season (without explaining that a mere 2 found their target!)

But Jermaine is better than Milner. No question.

Finally, I don't think Rafa can ever again bleat about lack of money if he is wasting as much as £7m (plus wages and signing-on fees) on a player like James Milner. It smacks of the dying embers of the Houllier reign with desperate purchases of mediocrity whom we then couldn't shift. Unless it's a machiavellian and calculated ploy to run the club further into debt, precipitating Hicks's departure and the arrival of DIC?

FORMER Leeds United United trainee James Milner is reported to have pleaded with Newcastle United not to block his 'dream move' to Liverpool.

According to a report in the News of the World newspaper, the Magpies' winger is keen on a switch to Merseyside.

Reds manager Rafa Benitez is reported to have offered midfielder Danny Guthrie, 21, as part payment in the latest move by Liverpool.

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is also believed to be still keen on taking the record-capped England Under-21 star to the West Midlands.

A move away from St James's Park has been rumoured since the end of the season.

However, Newcastle value the player at £7m and it is this figure which appears to be holding up any possible deal, along with Newcastle's determination to line up a replacement.

James fucking Milner. *shakes head*

Who is this James? And why does he keep fucking Milner? Is it consentual? And why does never Milner fuck James?

So many questions....so few answers....

or like Ford Fairlane said....

So many assholes....so few bullets!

Brings you down to earth when you read a thread about us signing David Villa and then read one about James Milner.

Ha ha laughed out loud because I was just feeling the euphoria disappear and a cloud of doom coming over me.

He certainly does not float my boat, see absolutely no point in signing him at all.

I trust and hope it is all just bollocks and the Villa rumours are true, I am just going to believe what I want to believe for the rest of the summer, it can't do any harm and I will just live in my own little bubble.

James Milner. James Milner. James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner.James Milner. James Milner. James fucking Milner.

It just makes no sense at all. If this is true - and where is the denial if it is not - then why would Rafa waste maybe *one third* of his transfer budget on this player who will bring nothing to the club? Surely Bellamy and Pennant show that there are reasons why certain players are in mediocre, mid-table sides: and why is Rafa not LEARNING from these past errors?

Milner did look promising at 16, and has somehow managed to look less accomplished and talented with each passing year. Plus he'll be on big wages and will block the progression of talented youngsters - what, in all honesty, can he offer that Anderson can't? Baffling.

Someone said that he can play either left or right side: indeed, he's equally inept on either side....

Rafa just cannot afford to waste money like this when he has a limited budget. I know people are debating Barry, or Downing, but - seriously - is there anyone who thinks Milner is good enough to walk into our first-team? If he's not, then we simply should not be buying him.

He's not shite, he's a decent player. I've always thought of him as a classic "Good, but not good enough for us" player. Seeing as we're skint, I guess he'll have to do. I really don't see the point of selling Pennant and buying him though, as Pennant is better.

He's not shite, he's a decent player. I've always thought of him as a classic "Good, but not good enough for us" player. Seeing as we're skint, I guess he'll have to do. I really don't see the point of selling Pennant and buying him though, as Pennant is better.

But that's the point: we don't have cash to throw around and wasting £7m on Milner is absurb (12 months ago the noxious O'Neill almost signed him for about £3m) and this smacks of desperately poor judgement: again pursuing quantity over quality, or looking for multiple 'options'. What can he give us that Pennant and Benayoun don't?

£7m is not cheap. What also annoys me about this is that we refused to bid up to £5m for Ramsay, a player with developmental potential but we are willing to waste more on Milner (who will also demand far higher wages): this is a player who has had 6 years in the Premiership and never looked anything other than a mediocre or at best "decent" player. The fact that Newcastle fans - as thick as most of them are:whistle: - seem utterly indifferent to his departure ought to at least set off the warning alarm. Spend that £7m elsewhere, rafa, or you lose all right to start whining about the lack of financial support.

Remember that we might have been able to afford Daniel Alves the summer we spent £14m on signing Pennant and Bellamy - neither of whom will be with us by the start of the season. I'd rather £7m went towards Arshavin (reputedly available for £10m) or even Bentley and Downing rather than a player as mediocre as Milner. Or even keep it in the bank for the future. It's just a complete waste of money at a time when resources are incredibly finite.