You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The return of Sammy Lee

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great move all around. Also, Sammy Lee should be applauded for trying to carve out a career as a no.1. It didn't quite work out for him, and that's no crime, but no-one should dispute his attributes as a great motivator/coach/no.2. He will be perfect alongside Rafa.

I dislike Sammy Lee, something about him pisses me off.

he`s Ginger....probably smaller than you....played football at a higher level than you....won more medals and England caps than you....has had his name sung out by the kop more times than you......made vast amounts more money than you,just by being good at football......been an extra in a well known BBC drama series.......er does that cover most of it?????(6)

Once again Dave U is spot on. Well in Dave.

Made up that Sammy is back now.

Awesome news, lovely man and a credit to the club. Any club he signed for i'd wish him all the best, even better that he's back home.

Great move all around. Also, Sammy Lee should be applauded for trying to carve out a career as a no.1. It didn't quite work out for him, and that's no crime, but no-one should dispute his attributes as a great motivator/coach/no.2. He will be perfect alongside Rafa.

Talk about jumping the fucking gun. This is article from David Prentice without any definate quotes, it's hardly a an annocement from the offal. It'd be nice if he comes back but it's still a big if.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I'd trust an article from Prentice over an article from .tv

Think thats a bit harsh on .tv

Have you noticed that none of Hicks propaganda has made the offal?

I trust Dave Usher more then i do Prentice and the fact Sammy Lee has been seen around Melwood on numerous occasions is good enough for me.

Obviously Rafa has got to get the go ahead from Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Sammy Lee, turn the lights on, please.

There's something I don't understand.

Sammy Lee, turn the lights on please.

This party's gotten out of hand."

Those were the last words his suitor spoke before she croaked.

In seven seconds she'd be dead, tied to the headboard of Sammy Lee's bed.

Sammy Lee sloughed his skin and showed what was within.

It's hard to describe. He moved like smoke and sounded like ice.

We used to be Gods, now we're so plain.

It took ten million years just to say my real name.

Back before Babylon, shit was cool.

Now we've all got our saddles on, and trot to school.

If I may wax poetic, I think the facts are plain,

I am the moon ascendant and I'm not soon to wane.

See my shadow, twice the mountain or stretched across the desert plain.

Shouting sun flares up like fountains. Shouting planets down like rain.

Fucking made up with this! Back home where he belongs, a superb motivator, the perfect foil for Rafa and a great link between him and the players, can't think of anyone I'd rather have in that position to be honest.

Agreed

He is also a very good Coach only reason things went wrong for him at Bolton was that he tried to get them playing football

Hmmm. Did miller jump before he was pushed? Cant see coaching in Japan being the object of his desire.

Would be interesting to see what Lee does at Liverpool. But, does this mean Ablett has no future at Liverpool except as reserve team coach? He could after all have been promoted to assistant manager and someone else brought in as reserve team coach instead.

why did he leave in the first place?

When Rafa came in with his team of coaches he felt like he wasn't needed and decided to try his luck elsewhere. There's a touching bit in Balague's book about how gutted Sammy was when he was packing his stuff to go.

Hmmm. Did miller jump before he was pushed? Cant see coaching in Japan being the object of his desire.

Would be interesting to see what Lee does at Liverpool. But, does this mean Ablett has no future at Liverpool except as reserve team coach? He could after all have been promoted to assistant manager and someone else brought in as reserve team coach instead.

Why would we promote the reserve team coach to Assistant Manager? It would be more likely that he fills the spot vacated by Alex Miller.

I don't believe Miller jump or was forced. He was a first team coach, and now he's a manager. I imagine the opportunity to do things his way, and prove himself a bit was enticing. Not to mention the extra cash.

I'm sure Rafa was planning on bringing in an assistant regardless of Miller leaving. Now it wouldnt suprise me if someone else comes in to take Millers job, and Sammy is appointed assistant manager.

Personally I would keep Ablett as reserve team coach, hes done a cracking job so why risk upsetting the system we have going, Im sure Ablett would be happy to continue working with the reserves, so no need to change things.