You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Redknapp in £8m move to lure back Crouch as Pompey recruit English talent

StevieH

Zenden and Pellegrino were free. Benayoun has been a very handy player for us, as I've said before. Check the man of the match thread that's run through the season and see just how high he is on it; he didn't cost a great deal for what has turned out to be useful option very adept at putting the weaker teams to the sword.

The lesson is to maybe not go raging and foaming at the mouth at a player when we sign them, as some unheralded players turn out very well. I'm not that sold on the purchase of him but I can say it sensibly without once again being that bee that keeps twatting into Spiby's window and annoying everyone.

So, you still don't understand why O'Neill moaned today?

There's that light again...

He can moan all he likes about the media printing transfer speculation, but when he, bizarrely, starts accusing us of trying to unsettle one of his players, when discussions have probably been ongoing, just to save face with the fans, then I have a problem with it.

He's a fucking arsehole anyway.

There's that light again...

He can moan all he likes about the media printing transfer speculation, but when he, bizarrely, starts accusing us of trying to unsettle one of his players, when discussions have probably been ongoing, just to save face with the fans, then I have a problem with it.

He's a fucking arsehole anyway.

Ok.

Zenden and Pellegrino were free. Benayoun has been a very handy player for us, as I've said before. Check the man of the match thread that's run through the season and see just how high he is on it; he didn't cost a great deal for what has turned out to be useful option very adept at putting the weaker teams to the sword.

The lesson is to maybe not go raging and foaming at the mouth at a player when we sign them, as some unheralded players turn out very well. I'm not that sold on the purchase of him but I can say it sensibly without once again being that bee that keeps twatting into Spiby's window and annoying everyone.

Also Pellegrino was primarily brought in to sort out the problems with zonal marking. Considering not many people are talking about zonal marking now, I would say Pelligrino did a very good job.

Mmmm, not sure to be honest mate, has he really been that decent for 5m? I'm not so sure myself, not saying he's a bad player, but i'd be loathe to chalk him up as a success for that money.

Mmmm, not sure to be honest mate, has he really been that decent for 5m? I'm not so sure myself, not saying he's a bad player, but i'd be loathe to chalk him up as a successfor that money.

You'd be loathe to chalk anything and anyone up as a success though.

Mmmm, not sure to be honest mate, has he really been that decent for 5m? I'm not so sure myself, not saying he's a bad player, but i'd be loathe to chalk him up as a success for that money.

scored more than 10 goals iirc, whats not decent about that ?

You don't get a lot for that money, mate. He's been a very useful reserve if you ask me; what with him popping up with a hat-trick here and there or chalking up a number of very decent assists at vital times. I was saying he should have been taken off against Chelsea but then he did what Rafa bought him for: a little bit of guile in a packed defense. He might not be quite up to scratch for playing the bigger games regularly but for someone who you can play in smaller games against teams that will sit on the edge of the area and ask you to beat them I think he's a very good option to have.

Found the standing in that MOM voting thing that Morse does on all the sites; it's from the Arsenal away game a few weeks back:

Current standings:

1. Mascherano........................................ ......84 points

2. Gerrard........................................... .........82 points

3. Torres............................................ .........70 points

4. Benayoun/Hyypia.......................................25 points

5. Kuyt.............................................. ............24 points

6. Babel............................................. ..........20 points

7. Pennant........................................... ..........18 points

8. Carragher......................................... .........17 points

9. Lucas/Reina............................................. ..13 points

10.Skrtel......................................... ...............12 points

11.Aurelio........................................ ..............11 points

12.Voronin/Finnan/Crouch................................7 points

13.Arbeloa/Alonso...........................................5 points

14.Sissoko/Itandje..........................................4 points

15.Plessis........................................ ...............3 points

16.Kewell......................................... .............. 2 points

17.Hobbs/El Zhar.............................................1 point.

He's fourth. That's not bad for five million quid of anyone's money.

You don't get a lot for that money, mate. He's been a very useful reserve if you ask me; what with him popping up with a hat-trick here and there or chalking up a number of very decent assists at vital times. I was saying he should have been taken off against Chelsea but then he did what Rafa bought him for: a little bit of guile in a packed defense. He might not be quite up to scratch for playing the bigger games regularly but for someone who you can play in smaller games against teams that will sit on the edge of the area and ask you to beat them I think he's a very good option to have.

True enough that mate, i know it seems silly but it's a fact that 5 mill gets you nowt these days, Yossi has great skill but he dissapears like no player i've ever seen and i think his impact has been minimal to be honest.

Now thats a nice starting point.

It's not like the Newcastle approach, offer so much every one else just goes away and thinks fool - have him for that.

If we had a brain in charge of negotiations, we could getan auction going for him. With parry it will thanks I will think about it for so long harry will go away and buy someone else

Contract situaton or not I wouldn't accept any less than £10m . There's a fair few clubs around the continent not just england that are sniffing around Crouchy. He's a wanted man.

I'd be very surprised if we got anywhere like that figure. Everyone knows we want rid and his wages will be high meaning not many clubs would be able to pay those wages and a big transfer fee.

We got some big outgoing fees this time last season because of the extra tv revenue coming on stream not because we finally started to get some business acumen (although that wouldnt go amiss!).

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
We're going to end up giving them Riise, Carson, Crouch and £10m for Barry aren't we?

I'd like to think that I'm only joking but there's a reality-induced nervousness to the joke.

£10 million pounds with Dumb and Dumber still knocking about?

I don't think this Randy deal's in IOU's,

Found the standing in that MOM voting thing that Morse does on all the sites; it's from the Arsenal away game a few weeks back:

Current standings:

1. Mascherano........................................ ......84 points

2. Gerrard........................................... .........82 points

3. Torres............................................ .........70 points

4. Benayoun/Hyypia.......................................25 points

5. Kuyt.............................................. ............24 points

6. Babel............................................. ..........20 points

7. Pennant........................................... ..........18 points

8. Carragher......................................... .........17 points

9. Lucas/Reina............................................. ..13 points

10.Skrtel......................................... ...............12 points

11.Aurelio........................................ ..............11 points

12.Voronin/Finnan/Crouch................................7 points

13.Arbeloa/Alonso...........................................5 points

14.Sissoko/Itandje..........................................4 points

15.Plessis........................................ ...............3 points

16.Kewell......................................... .............. 2 points

17.Hobbs/El Zhar.............................................1 point.

He's fourth. That's not bad for five million quid of anyone's money.

How the fuck did the Pie man get 2 points