You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I will not sell to Hicks - Gillett

Rashid

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

on sky sports just now.

Says he wont sell and hicks should go to the board and talk and not sky sports.

Taken aback at hicks version of events

also says he should stop creating turmoil within club.

Yep, basically says Hicks version of events are lies and if Hicks has something to say he should say it in the board room.

Statement.

GILLETT TELLS HICKS TO END TURMOIL

Sporting Life

Liverpool co-owner George Gillett says he will not sell his shares to Tom Hicks and has called on his fellow American to stop creating "turmoil" within the club.

George Gillett has called on his Liverpool co-owner to stop causing turmoil at the club, and insists he will never sell his shares to his fellow American.

Gillett and Hicks, who each own 50% of Liverpool, have fallen out completely with neither prepared to let the other take over the club.

Hicks has also branded Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry's reign "disastrous" and in a TV interview on Thursday he reiterated his demand that he resign.

But Gillett has thrown his weight full square behind Parry.

He said in a statement: "I am saddened at this latest outburst from Tom Hicks.

"If Tom wanted a serious discussion on the issues to help the club move forward, he should bring his views to the board and not to Sky Sports.

"Here we are, a few days away from a vital Champions League semi-final match and Tom has once again created turmoil with his public comments.

"Tom should stop. He knows that Rick Parry has my support and that airing his comments in this way will not change my position.

"His failure to discuss this with the Board or the management committee is significant."

Hicks also claimed that it was Gillett and Parry who were the forces driving November's negotiations with Jurgen Klinsmann, something that Gillett disputes.

He added: "I was also taken aback by his version of the events as reported.

"Tom needs to understand that I will not sell my shares to him and that we need to find a way forward that is properly funded and truly in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club.

"The real business of winning matches and running and developing the club is what we should all be focused on at this moment."

Hicks has admitted his relationship with Gillett is now "unworkable".

"We started this as friends but 50-50 is a difficult business proposition because you cannot do anything without your partner's approval," said Hicks.

"If George doesn't sell - because I am not going to sell - I guess we stay in this position that we are in.

"I am planning to make him a very attractive offer. If I had a majority on it (ownership of Liverpool) I could put more capital in.

"My goal is to take all the debt off the club except the working capital needed and get the permanent financing totally in place for the stadium."

Hicks also said that Dubai International Capital - who have been trying to buy out both Americans - "do not have a seat at the table".

A DIC source said however: "DIC will not rest until they own Liverpool Football Club. However long it takes."

Parry also insisted he had no intention of resigning.

He said: "It's for the board to ask me to resign - and they haven't.

"There's a Liverpool way which I will stick to and clearly there's a different way.

"I think I have a responsibility, indeed a duty, at the moment to try to keep things on an even keel when there's a degree of turmoil off the pitch.

"I just want to do my best for the club. The club will survive, we've got a Champions League semi-final coming up, there are a lot of important things to be done at the club."

I wonder what that means.

on sky sports just now.

Says he wont sell and hicks should go to the board and talk and not sky sports.Taken aback at hicks version of events

also says he should stop creating turmoil within club.

Clearly the irony of that comment eluded him. The fucking dimwit.

He´s a bigger cunt than Hicks and Hicks will have him with shreddies for Breakfast

TOP 4 CUNTS GO LIKE THIS

1 PARRY, Advised Moores to sell us down the river because it was in his best interest and not the clubs or fans

2 GILLETT, A weasel at least Hicks is up front about ripping us off and bleeding the club dry with debt

3 HICKS, truly horrible man who would destroy us given the chance

4 MOORES, his final decision to sell us down the river, but a weakwilled stupid idiot of a man who obviously just did what Parry told him

We all just end up going round in big fuck-off circles in every single thread, day after day, then it starts to die dow and you get someone saying "are they really that bad?" or one of the cunts gets on Hicks Sports News... I mean Sky... sorry about that, he's just been on it so much lately, and it all kicks off again!!! Is it that hard to just keep their mouths shut until they sell up? Fuckin cunts the lot of them!

He´s a bigger cunt than Hicks and Hicks will have him with shreddies for Breakfast

TOP 4 CUNTS GO LIKE THIS

1 PARRY, Advised Moores to sell us down the river because it was in his best interest and not the clubs or fans

2 GILLETT, A weasel at least Hicks is up front about ripping us off and bleeding the club dry with debt

3 HICKS, truly horrible man who would destroy us given the chance

4 MOORES, his final decision to sell us down the river, but a weakwilled stupid idiot of a man who obviously just did what Parry told him

:D

While not blameless, i cant see how people can call Gillett the bigger cunt out of the two.

He's kept his gob relatively shut compared to Texas Tom.

He spoke when he needed to, when Hicks gave him no option.

He has recognised that they are in no position to run the club, and he is atleast trying to get the right people in charge, DIC.

He wont sell to Hicks, he has said this on numerous occasions. He's not the one sat round a fuckin fire with his kids and liverpool mug watching the game on SSN, publically humiliating every other board member bar himself and his son, and publically shaming our good name in the process. Its fuckin cringeworthy. Gilletts right, Hicks should say things in the fuckin board room instead of constantly running to fucking sky.

Say what you want about Gillett, his past mistakes and all that, he's let us down and acted disgracefully. But atleast he knows he's in above his head, and he knows Tom Hicks is too. He obviously has some care for the future of the club otherwise he'd take hicks' money and run.

Gillett holds the key here

Haven't read the thread but he said exactly the same thing a few weeks back on Canadian radio.

No doubt 'sources close to Hicks' will annouce that he's 'very close' to a deal tomorrow and 'souces cose to DIC' will say they're still interested but not at that price the day after.

Groundhog day this shit.

While not blameless, i cant see how people can call Gillett the bigger cunt out of the two.

He's kept his gob relatively shut compared to Texas Tom.

He spoke when he needed to, when Hicks gave him no option.

He has recognised that they are in no position to run the club, and he is atleast trying to get the right people in charge, DIC.

He wont sell to Hicks, he has said this on numerous occasions. He's not the one sat round a fuckin fire with his kids and liverpool mug watching the game on SSN, publically humiliating every other board member bar himself and his son, and publically shaming our good name in the process. Its fuckin cringeworthy. Gilletts right, Hicks should say things in the fuckin board room instead of constantly running to fucking sky.

Say what you want about Gillett, his past mistakes and all that, he's let us down and acted disgracefully. But atleast he knows he's in above his head, and he knows Tom Hicks is too. He obviously has some care for the future of the club otherwise he'd take hicks' money and run.

Gillett holds the key here

There are no degrees of cunthood. You're either a cunt or you're not - and Gillett is a cunt.

what’s crystallised in my mind over the last week is there appears to be a straight choice really, if Hicks does gain control then Rafa appears safe and will not walk or be pushed.

If Gillett/Parry and or D.I.C get control Beneitez could walk, be sacked but one thing looks certain he will leave.

The main reason I believe is the working relationship with Parry must have completely broken down, and I just can’t see both continuing much longer together.

For this reason I think a lot of fans are re-thinking there opinion of hicks.

I think Rafa leaving would set us back years just as his team and squad are in my opinion on the verge of really challenging on all fronts and with some genuine talent coming through.

I hope im wrong and however this turns out Rafa remains.

Gilett is more snide than Hicks. He may or may not be a bigger cunt than Hicks but Gillett is far more snidey. He and Parry were the catalysts for this entire shit storm and, whilst Hicks has been far too up front, Gillett has hid behind a relative wall of silence. He's just smarter than Hicks, he's no better in my opinion, no better at all.

what’s crystallised in my mind over the last week is there appears to be a straight choice really, if Hicks does gain control then Rafa appears safe and will not walk or be pushed.

If Gillett/Parry and or D.I.C get control Beneitez could walk, be sacked but one thing looks certain he will leave.

The main reason I believe is the working relationship with Parry must have completely broken down, and I just can’t see both continuing much longer together.

For this reason I think a lot of fans are re-thinking there opinion of hicks.

I think Rafa leaving would set us back years just as his team and squad are in my opinion on the verge of really challenging on all fronts and with some genuine talent coming through.

I hope im wrong and however this turns out Rafa remains.

Think you're wrong there mate, looks like Parry is out whoever gains control, unless it's Moores.