You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

O Brother Where Art Thou

Elite

I'll raise my glass to that. The soundtrack is indeed excellent. I got the chance about a year ago to see Dan Tyminski in concert, the guy who sings for George Clooney, and he is a fantastic singer, in addition to playing the mandolin. I tend to see this movie as taking a stab at everything right with southern culture, which is quite a relief in an age of ... well George Bush and the lot of them Texans.

A Film I could watch over and over.

Clooney should do more comedy roles

If you like the soundtrack then try and get hold of "Down from the mountain", bluegrass heaven !

Down from the Mountain (2000)

Sweet summer rain. Like God's own mercy.

Your two friends have abandoned you, Pete.

They don't seem to care 'bout your hide.

It is a really good film and yet another example of gorgeous George's underated acting ability.

Agreed. The other day, someone responded to my praise of The Cloon on another thread by saying he basically plays himself in every role. Rubbish. He's ace.

Even though I loved it at the cinema I've had trouble watching it again as it's been on my shelf since it was released. I will try again soon and I love the soundtrack. Maybe it's the yellow/brown grading that's putting me off.

I new the new film is more Blood Simple style thriller and that has a big thumbs up from me. Wednesday matinee it is.