You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Django Unchained - 7.23/10

Solid. Classic Tarrantino movie really, the problem being I've never been into his movies all that much. Oh and slightly too long, which I think everyone agrees on.

The Descendants

George Clooney film set in Hawai about a family man who loses his wife suddenly.

Sounds shit but is actually really good, funny and touching

Plus the daughter in it is really fit...Shailene Woodley, mmmm

7.4237 out of 10

Come and See - it's not often that I can watch a film these days and not get distracted by something (or someone), but I couldn't tear myself away from the screen here. It had me from the start. Fantastic film and it has overtaken Cross of Iron as my favourite war film - 9/10

Chinatown - I don't know why I waited so long to watch this. I know it's critically acclaimed film but rarely do I see it in any top tens and such. I'm gonna watch it again before I decide where it ranks for me, but I thought it was brilliant - 9/10

Rosemary's Baby - The guy might have bummed some poor young lass, but after this and Chinatown, he should be allowed to bum who he wants, when he wants. Another quality film - 8/10

Scum - turns out I'd already watched this as a youth as I remembered most of it, which was strange because I was convinced I hadn't. It was pretty good I guess, it didn't blow me away or shock me. The rape wasn't nice, nor was what followed, but I was expecting more. Maybe the previous 3 films I watched set the bar too high and I should have watched this another time - 7/10

Scum - turns out I'd already watched this as a youth as I remembered most of it, which was strange because I was convinced I hadn't. It was pretty good I guess, it didn't blow me away or shock me. The rape wasn't nice, nor was what followed, but I was expecting more. Maybe the previous 3 films I watched set the bar too high and I should have watched this another time - 7/10

I prefer Made in Britain (Roth>Winstone), love Alan Clarke though, a really interesting character whose career was ended far too fucking early. I wish we'd had the chance to see him mature as a technician as Leigh and Loach have as he was an incredibly creative filmmaker.

Blood - Have been waiting to see this as a lot of it was filmed by me. Not to bad a film but not a outstanding one . It s mainly about two brothers who are in the police.

The film was made on the Wirral and has Wallasey village and has the local church in it. Also Wallasey town hall is the cop shop and has bits of Birkenhead and other places on the Wirral in it.

6.5/10

Come and See - it's not often that I can watch a film these days and not get distracted by something (or someone)' date=' but I couldn't tear myself away from the screen here. It had me from the start. Fantastic film and it has overtaken Cross of Iron as my favourite war film - 9/10

Chinatown - I don't know why I waited so long to watch this. I know it's critically acclaimed film but rarely do I see it in any top tens and such. I'm gonna watch it again before I decide where it ranks for me, but I thought it was brilliant - 9/10

Rosemary's Baby - The guy might have bummed some poor young lass, but after this and Chinatown, he should be allowed to bum who he wants, when he wants. Another quality film - 8/10

Scum - turns out I'd already watched this as a youth as I remembered most of it, which was strange because I was convinced I hadn't. It was pretty good I guess, it didn't blow me away or shock me. The rape wasn't nice, nor was what followed, but I was expecting more. Maybe the previous 3 films I watched set the bar too high and I should have watched this another time - 7/10[/quote']

Come and See was rightly voted The Guardian's number 1 war film of all time a few years back.

Brilliant,brilliant film.

The Iceman- pretty decent drama chronicling the exploits of Richard Kuklinski. Features another terrific performance from Michael Shannon- 7.5/10.

Going to watch this either tomorrow or next tues when i go and see man of steel.

This is worth watching about Kuklinski

[YOUTUBE]QXgi72W2H7U[/YOUTUBE]

Those are 3 cracking films.

Going to watch this either tomorrow or next tues when i go and see man of steel.

This is worth watching about Kuklinski

[YOUTUBE]QXgi72W2H7U[/YOUTUBE]

Yep, watched that last night as soon as i got back from cinema. I think Shannon definitely played him softer in the film than he was in real life. His almost total lack of empathy or emotion is astonishing.

Made of Stone

Not only a documentary about The Stone Roses 2012 resurrection. But one directed by Shane Meadows. Can it get better than this? In short: No. It's beautifully and brilliantly put together from archive footage, interviews and Meadows' peerless filming of the bands rehearsals and warm-up gigs ahead of their preparations for the Heaton Park gigs last year. It's a bit hagiographic at times, but Meadows' heartfelt storytelling brings a real human element to the film and you feel everything the participants feel as they realise: It's happening.

If you love the Roses, you'll come out convinced they're the greatest band ever. Even if they passed you by, you can't help but get swept along by their charm and the mesmeric beauty and viscera of their music. You'll leave the cinema feeling ten feet tall again. I am biased- I love The Roses and Meadows' work- so for me, this is documentary storytelling at it's very best.

9.8/10 baggy jeans.