You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You do have to worry about the security services at the palace, if they missed that spy equipment, but a Tarot reader on Twitter could spot it.

One of the cult started a rumour saying that "word from the crowd is that they could smell booze on her breath" now loads of them are running with her being drunk and them being delayed because they were trying to sober her up. Proper everton fan behaviour. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You do have to worry about the security services at the palace, if they missed that spy equipment, but a Tarot reader on Twitter could spot it.

The tarot reader did have the advantage of knowing about it in advance. I do find this Megan stuff bonkers, she's a grade A cracker, even I was a massive racist I'd still be pulling the plum off myself. 

On 10/09/2022 at 06:45, redheart said:

Actually they can and often do. Anyone who has lost an elderly relative will tell you that they can deteriorate and go very quickly. 

We met up with a friend of mine, a GP, on Friday. Practically the first thing she said to us was, that Liz Truss thing had been pre recorded.

Kerching

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've just seen someone use the word "mournography" and it seems right.

It's been weird watching the reaction to this. I have watched almost nothing on TV and I've tried to stay away from anything official, but it's hard to escape both those who deeply care about the Queen's passing, and those say they don't care but have been absolutely obsessed by 1) how others mourn 2) getting the message out about how much they don't care and hate the royal family 3) linking dozens and dozens of videos, articles, and tweets about it. It's like most things these days, you need to pick a side or you're the scum of the Earth. I thought it was a bit sad when I hear the news, since then I've barely given it a thought aside from looking a bit strangely about those who care so much and those who care that others care so much. That said, I do hope we don't ruin any silences tonight. God save the King? Don't care, boo the fucker if you want. The 'King' can fuck right off.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It's been weird watching the reaction to this. I have watched almost nothing on TV and I've tried to stay away from anything official, but it's hard to escape both those who deeply care about the Queen's passing, and those say they don't care but have been absolutely obsessed by 1) how others mourn 2) getting the message out about how much they don't care and hate the royal family 3) linking dozens and dozens of videos, articles, and tweets about it. It's like most things these days, you need to pick a side or you're the scum of the Earth. I thought it was a bit sad when I hear the news, since then I've barely given it a thought aside from looking a bit strangely about those who care so much and those who care that others care so much. That said, I do hope we don't ruin any silences tonight. God save the King? Don't care, boo the fucker if you want. The 'King' can fuck right off.  

Pretty much how I see it. If you want no part of it, fine. If you want to imerse yourself in it, fine.

Many of us have lost a ma so I understand the family's grief. Women generally go OTT on occasions like this. Im not particularly arsed but you cant say it's a rent a crowd mob who are turning out on the streets to show their respect. fuck me, i dont care for Cristiano Ronaldo but I joined in the show of respect for his family at Anfield recently.

I do like the pagentry and seeing our Armed Forces personnel in their finest and showing the world how good they are on these occasions.

Bring on the Republic although Im in no doubt much would change in our every day lives if it ever happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Pretty much how I see it. If you want no part of it, fine. If you want to imerse yourself in it, fine.

Many of us have lost a ma so I understand the family's grief. Women generally go OTT on occasions like this. Im not particularly arsed but you cant say it's a rent a crowd mob who are turning out on the streets to show their respect. fuck me, i dont care for Cristiano Ronaldo but I joined in the show of respect for his family at Anfield recently.

I do like the pagentry and seeing our Armed Forces personnel in their finest and showing the world how good they are on these occasions.

Bring on the Republic although Im in no doubt much would change in our every day lives if it ever happens.

Yeah, I honestly find the 'throw the old cunt in the river' stuff, and the endless videos and obsession with others caring about the Queen is actually stranger than giving a shit about the monarchy. I want the monarchy fucked off ASAP, as I've been saying on here for a decade or more, but I can at least understand the attachment royalists - and actually non-royalists - have to the Queen, and if they want to share flowers and mourn, then let 'em get on with it. But pretending not to care and then spending day after day on twitter ranting on about it... can't be arsed. Just want the game to hurry up and start to be honest. It'll all fluff. 

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Go through your social feeds. The people who profess not to care and are sick of the carry on are the ones who won't fucking shut up about it. 

Yep, it's a bit weird. I've just avoided most of it. Barely even looked at this thread, and half of it is blanked out anyway. Going back to not giving a shit, but since football was mentioned, I do hope there's no booing.