You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

With Zenden out, who gets the other CM spot?

wiiksie

I could not even come close to putting it as good as that.

Sami in a holding midfield role - I really do hope I never live to see it.

The man is a legend but not a holding midfielder.

Sami played there for his old team occasionally, cant remember their name, and when Houllier went to originally scout him wasnt he disapointed to find him playing center mid?

People seem to have problems with his mobility, but surely he is at least as mobile as Didi was? And in a holding role its not all about pace and energy, alot of the work can be done in your head if you're a clever enough footballer, which Sami is, and he certainly has the composure on the ball not to panic if pressed.

If anything Sami's passing range is greater than Didi's was, although if in there you'd expect him to keep it simple. There is often not alot of difference in the makeup of a good holding midfielder and center half, Keane and Viera have both played center half when required, it all about reading the game well.

Dont see the point in splitting up Dan and Carra, as they are our future. Get Sami in there, it'd free Gerrard up a bit as there is no way Sami would get caught bombing forward.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even though i don't want hyppia anywhere near the midfield, you have to laugh at those moaning about his age and lack of pace and mobilty for that role, and then asking why we didn't keep hamman, who is like a snail.

Raddy has been "chasing the dragon" for years, the problem is now he thinks he has caught it.... ie. Totally Lost the Plot.

says the most famous troll in internet history...

how many years of your pointless existance have you wasted online rashit?

Things are lookin a bit thin across the middle right now, this will be a good test of our squad, arguably the strongest squad in the prem, if not then only second to Chelsea.

I would go with Gerrard and Garcia with the left covered by Riise and Aurelio or Warnock/Riise

------------Reina-------------

-Finnan-Carra--Sami-Riise/Warnock

Pennant-Gerreard-Garcia-Aurelio/Riise

-------Crouch---Kuyt---------

I think Aurelio and Warnock are injured. On the left it would have to be Riise and Garcia I guess.

---------Reina

Finnan Carra Agger Riise

--------Gerrard

Pennant----------Garcia

---------Kuyt

--------Crouch

maybe...

I think Aurelio and Warnock are injured. On the left it would have to be Riise and Garcia I guess.

---------Reina

Finnan Carra Agger Riise

--------Gerrard

Pennant----------Garcia

---------Kuyt

--------Crouch

maybe...

Rafa may not believe Guthrie or Peltier are ready yet, but im sure he dont think they are so bad he decides to play with only 10 players instead.....

Sami played there for his old team occasionally, cant remember their name, and when Houllier went to originally scout him wasnt he disapointed to find him playing center mid?

People seem to have problems with his mobility, but surely he is at least as mobile as Didi was? And in a holding role its not all about pace and energy, alot of the work can be done in your head if you're a clever enough footballer, which Sami is, and he certainly has the composure on the ball not to panic if pressed.

If anything Sami's passing range is greater than Didi's was, although if in there you'd expect him to keep it simple. There is often not alot of difference in the makeup of a good holding midfielder and center half, Keane and Viera have both played center half when required, it all about reading the game well.

Dont see the point in splitting up Dan and Carra, as they are our future. Get Sami in there, it'd free Gerrard up a bit as there is no way Sami would get caught bombing forward.

I'm glad my well structured case (in my opinion), for including Sami was totally overlooked due to the usual Rashid v Raddy shite, that seems to affect most threads these days.

If Rafa wants an Argie number 5 Paletta could do a job, what with his being an Argie number 5 and all that.

To be honest I just want to see if he is as much of a monster as he appears to be.

-------------Reina-------------

--Carra-------Sami-------Agger-

--------------Paletta-----------

Pennant--Garcia---Gerrard--Riise

-------Crouch-----Kuyt--------

All 4 CBs on the pitch at the same time, lovely... (although if need be Carra can drop back to RB, Agger to LB and we can do a job with a 4-4-2).

I love central defenders, me.

I'm glad my well structured case (in my opinion), for including Sami was totally overlooked due to the usual Rashid v Raddy shite, that seems to affect most threads these days.

I thought you made some good points Brodie, but I'd still play Carra there just because he's proved he could do a reasonable job in the past.

It doesn't always work out quite how you think it might, remember Gareth Southgate being asked to play CM under Keegan iirc and it was a disaster. Not that I'm comparing Rafa to cuddly Kev.

No it did not go unheeded. I mean if Sami did play the defensive midfield role,, it was most definetly not for a long period of time.

Also if he did, it was at least 7 years ago - that is a long time in the latter part of your career.

I cringe at the thought of Sami playing that role. He may surprise me but I doubt it. Sami is a class defender and a legend but Carra is much better suited, in my opinion.

Carra and Agger have plenty of time to form a partnership - tonight is about three points and I think we can get them better with Sami, in defence and Carra playing the holding midfielder.