You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prague

Stu Monty

• 2 weeks later...

It treated me well thank you Knut. I'd like to say a big thanks to the all the GFites who added to my jaunt. That HOT restaurant was ace, as was the kamppark (if a little cold), in which I had possibly the greatest steak man has ever tasted. I did the Zoo (fed Barbary apes acorns, it was amaing), the castle, the clock, the torture museum and the sex machines museum (couldn't tell which some of the exhibits should have been in) and lots of other fun packed stuff.

I did not go in any brothels but did have some chaps try and get me to go in some dubious places, even with the missus with me.

Beer was really cheap in some places, thanks for the tip to walk off Wenceslas Square, and about the same as over here in the more expensive places.

Asshole. What about my recommendations.....

Didn't do the Eiffel tower thing as it looked pretty pointless and far away. Tried out some Czech food but they'd run out of Goulash so I had some meat, potato and cabbage thing that really wasn't that inspiring. I never texted an american girl drunk but did text a mate backstage at a New Order gig and told him to tell Sumner they had gone downhill after John Barnes left the band (he said he would but I bet he didn't). Never saw the big club and only bit of the old town I went to was the bits around Charles bridge; which were nice.

Okay asshole?

• 4 months later...
apartment and flight sorted - just spends and I want to bring back some duties..
When I was there I had already been travelling for 6 weeks so was there on the cheap. I reckon £30 a day is more then enough, I got by on about £5-8 a day however

I was there in september 2005 for the Cork City away match against Slavia Prague. It was an unreal three days and i don't remember much of it. On the tuesday night me and the lads went on the piss. Drink was very cheap and nightclubs stayed open all night. We fell out of one place at around 5a.m. and the place was still packed. Wednesday we had a walk around and i must say charles bridge is hell with a hangover. Class bridge but as i said hell when hungover. The wednesday night we went to the champions league between Sparta Prague and Ajax, €14 a ticket and we saw two top class goals. We ad a quiet night that night because the City match was next day. We had a few pints before the match the next day, City lost 2-0 but it still didn't ruin the trip. We flew home after the game but it was a great three days. For a lads holiday or a trip with your missus it's a class place. I'd recommend it to anyone, i hope to get back there again some time this year.

That trip we went on was classic. I had one of the best days of my life just sat outside a pub around a table with several cheap ice-cold beers, and loads of brilliant banter with the lads.

We were all on form that day, it was quality.

One of the highlights of the week was sitting with a bunch of Aussie lads in a hostel ripping into the Yanks. What a laugh that was!

A great place and one i'd urge anyone to go and visit as there's plenty to do.

If you like your beer/nightlife, then there's loads of options but equally if you're into a bit of culture and sight-seeing, it caters to those needs too.

• 2 years later...
  • 13 years later...
On 17/10/2006 at 21:51, L19red said:

the grusome story of the astrological clock is that when it was made they took certain precautions to ensure the clockmaker was never able to do another one like it. Something along the lines of poking his eyes out. The old town is quite small so do a walking tour and you are sure to hear the full story.

Prague is a great place. I went in 2001 just after the treble season and the first bar we got in it was about £2 for 6 pints and they had an interview with vladi smicer on the telly that lasted for 2 hours and showed every goal from that season. Happy days.

Oldest Astrological clock still working in the world year 14.10. 

20230419_063011.jpg

• Upvote 1