You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cisse was at Barca's training ground today

Maybe he is auditioning for the next series of Prison Break!

With a masterplan to fly out of there.

"I have to get out of here within the next week. If I only could find a mirror to review my plan, as it's too hard to remember."

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is Crouch was bought as a target man ie someone who holds the ball up well, gets some important goals, brings others into play etc etc

Cisse was bought to be a top drawer goal scorer - showing great movement and awareness (at least understanding the offside rule) and clinical finishing, demonstrating the desire to chase apparent lost causes as they sometimes lead to chances (especially if the player chasing them is extremely fast) etc etc

I believe Crouch has shown everything we expected of him whilst Cisse has been a big let down.

Even if you think that qualifies Coop's statement, I don't.

Interesting to be explained why Rafa bought Crouch, that cleared up a lot. ;)

Thats a fuckin hell of a statement to make. One that you can't possibly quantify. If you don't rate him say so, but for fucks sake don't beat him with our failure to win the PL.

You don't normally make rash statements like that mate!

The above statement never ceases to make me giggle!

Ok was a bold statement to make and doesnt include only Cisse in this but the other strikers as well. Against both Chelsea and Man utd when we have had loads of possesion there is no cutting edge there. Against many teams this season we have had lots of possesion yet have not transferred this possesioin into goals.

Man utd fans could quite probably say that if they had our midfield they would have won the league this season and likewise if we had there strikeforce we would have won the league as well.

I honestly cant see how anyone defends Cisse as other then pace name me another thing he brings to the club. Annoys teammates by not reading the game. Rarely chases a lost ball as hes too busy moaning to the teammate for not passing it perfectly. Considering the build of him it seems the slightest touch and arms are in the air wanting a free kick.

The guy could be an awesome striker with the pace and power he has but surely after now a full season working with Rafa he still seems to not have progressed since we signed him so should go.

Glad i made you giggle though.

I personally feel 1 word sums up Cisse - Frustrating.

FRUSTRATING is an understatement!!!!!

He is the type of player we all know has the ability, and he is definatley a fine athlete, but its only when he can be arsed - which is not very often.

With an attitude like his its no suprise he has not been a big hit at Liverpool as Rafa looks to build a team with players who play together and for eachother.

Cisse is an individual who needs to be the star man, he would be class at a lower profile club who play to there Star players rather than as a unit.

Another point i believe in is he needs a manager to consider him as the best player at the club and act as a father figure - like Guy Roux was and Houilier would have been, unfortunatley Rafa is not like this as he treats all the players equally.

Does this apply to Crouch as well? The reason I ask is of course that Crouch has played more games (and never on the right of midfield) and scored far less than Cissé.

When we signed Cisse i honestly thought we had got ourself a potential world beater. I, like many had seen the videos compiled of him and was believing that Cisse alongside Owen would be a great partnership.

That is probably the thing which has made me so gutted about Cisses performances is the fact that i expected too much from him. I expected him to scare the hell out of defenders who couldnt cope with his pace. On the videos he seemed to score all kinds of goals and his touch didnt look bad so i thought, great we have another Henry and he is all Liverpools.

When Liverpool signed Crouch i have to admit i thought Rafa was making a mistake but having got full faith in Rafas ability as a manager i went with the flow but didnt expect much from Crouch.

Crouch for me has proven me wrong and gone on to have a good season. A season we have progressed because of Crouch.

This season we have dominated teams more then we have for quite a while now yet we arent destroying them because of the lack of goalscorer. Cisse and Nando were both signed to deliver goals. Crouch was not.

I had never seen Cissé play a game before he joined us, only highlights. I guess that's part of the reason I didn't expect him to be a world beater.

That said, he has still disappointed me. I think his ability on the ball is seriously lacking, on the whole. It has been said so often it's more or less a cliché by now, but it's still true: Making it in France and in England are two very different things.

I can't bring myself to call him a total failure though, he's scored too many goals for that. Especially considering he's played quite a bit on the right, instead of up front.

I hope we can get a decent fee from him in the summer, but that remains to be seen.

I initially reacted to your comment about us being champions if Cissé knew how to finish. That is a notion I strongly disagree with, and I've noticed you more or less have "retracted" it.

As for Crouch, he's proved to be a better player than I thought he was. I initially felt his fee was too high, but I think Rafa's decision has been vindicated. I disagree he was not bought to deliver goals. Any front man playing for Liverpool is expected to score quite a bit.

There are many reasons Liverpool have progressed this season, new signings being one of them. I think both Pepe and Momo have been more important than Crouch in that regard.

I had never seen Cissé play a game before he joined us, only highlights. I guess that's part of the reason I didn't expect him to be a world beater.

That said, he has still disappointed me. I think his ability on the ball is seriously lacking, on the whole. It has been said so often it's more or less a cliché by now, but it's still true: Making it in France and in England are two very different things.

I can't bring myself to call him a total failure though, he's scored too many goals for that. Especially considering he's played quite a bit on the right, instead of up front.

I hope we can get a decent fee from him in the summer, but that remains to be seen.

I initially reacted to your comment about us being champions if Cissé knew how to finish. That is a notion I strongly disagree with, and I've noticed you more or less have "retracted" it.

As for Crouch, he's proved to be a better player than I thought he was. I initially felt his fee was too high, but I think Rafa's decision has been vindicated. I disagree he was not bought to deliver goals. Any front man playing for Liverpool is expected to score quite a bit.

There are many reasons Liverpool have progressed this season, new signings being one of them. I think both Pepe and Momo have been more important than Crouch in that regard.

The thing i was on about was not purely about Cisse but more on the situation with the strikers as a whole.

Imagine what the league goals RVN and Rooney could have done for us.

I honestly believe we are almost there regards the Premier title and without a doubt Chelsea are not far away from us. Its the striker problem which is the only thing stopping us. Gerrard on the right means that problem is not urgent but the striker situation is.

True enough but we crashed out of the Waffa Cup to Drogba (who looked more dangerous than Owen at Anfield) and Marseille so who are we to criticize. (and a cheating Saviola did us in France too)

Cisse was younger and more prolific (over a number of seasons) so would have made reasonable sense given Chelsea paid £10m more. To be fair we don't play a system that suits Cisse whereas Chelsea play to Drogba's strengths.

True enough but we crashed out of the Waffa Cup to Drogba (who looked more dangerous than Owen at Anfield) and Marseille so who are we to criticize. (and a cheating Saviola did us in France too)

Cisse was younger and more prolific (over a number of seasons) so would have made reasonable sense given Chelsea paid £10m more. To be fair we don't play a system that suits Cisse whereas Chelsea play to Drogba's strengths.

Thats being kind.

Guest myrlas
He was like a broken record on RAWK and has been the same here.

Again you're wrong Adam, and that is what baffles me. I have no intention to join this forum and have to defend myself from narrow quotes like this one.

I am new here. I write a post about Cisse. I continue to comment on it as it moves on.

And that makes me a broken record?

Yes I have defended Cisse on RAWK, but does that mean I'm obsessed with him?? Do you think it's of any interest at all for posters on here to hear your personal opinions about some posts I have written on a different forum?

Ask yourself that question mate...

I joined this forum to have grown-up debates about Liverpool and things that are connected to the club.

It seems like you think I started in the wrong end...standing up for a player.

Perhaps it would be better if I slagged off one? Would it Adam? Would it be better if I said that I thought player XXXXXX was shite...becuase of this and that?

I find this strange.

But I won't hide, and if I feel for standing up to defend Cisse I will do so... and the same goes for any other player or case on here.

So can we move on and discuss the topics on this forum instead of me (or any other poster) as a person?

Just because they play for Liverpool doesn't mean you need to defend them when it is pretty clear to see their limitations.

A note from Rushian on the RAWK admin team

We're fed up to the death of Cisse topics - your pace subject was left up but as soon as you and three other posters returned from short suspensions it once again became a Cisse thread.

You also insisted on posting

Oh...I forgot Cisse...but he's got no abilities so he shouldn't be included...
On a thread about what players people wouldn't have at Liverpool. We already have one poster who insists on turning every thread into an argument about the merits of one of our strikers. I don't think we need another.

Have you ever laughed Myrlas? You want to try it. Life doesn't have to be one endless procession of complatative dullness. Perhaps you just need a blow job*?

*I'm not offering.

He leads the line better than Crouch, is deadler in front of goal, a better header of the ball, has a better turn of pace.

Don't have to like the guy but foolish to dismiss him.

About four decent games and Drogba 'leads the line better than Crouch'? Have you been on the brown?

Have you seen his touch? Look at his goal against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge earlier this season for a good example.

He is without a doubt pacier than Crouch (I am!), and stronger too, but as a footballer it's like comparing Alan Hansen to Titus Bramble.