You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What the fact does Crouchie have ....

JohnBull

.... that Mellor does not?

Height? First touch? Heading ability? Dribbling? Ability to hold up play and give neat little flicks and knock ons?

One thing I know for sure that Mellor has that Crouch does NOT is the gift of goals!!

TBFM just has the knack for putting the ball into the net .... he may not always have the best technique or elegance about him when he does it but fact me if he doesn't always seem to get it done!!!!

Ever since all the Crouch talk started I have thought that Mellor could have been just as effective in the same exact role, that Rafa could have coached him into doing the exact same shite he wanted from Crouch.

Now, far be it from me to question our manager. I am behinnd him 1000% and think he is doing a BRILLIANT facting job. Still though, the thouoghts linger that we already had a Crouch in our ranks and could have spent that cash elsewhere. What do you all think?

Btw ........ a nice easy deuce for those twats at OT tomorrow and come home all alone in 2nd!

Come on you REDS ....!!!

One thing I know for sure that Mellor has that Crouch does NOT is the gift of goals!!

What planet have you been on for the last three months?

This is worse than one of Rashid's threads. Why do you have to badmouth one of our players in order to praise another? Fuck off you odious little prick.

What planet have you been on for the last three months?

This is worse than one of Rashid's threads. Why do you have to badmouth one of our players in order to praise another? Fuck off you odious little prick.

Is right! Bull and shit go together like love and marriage.

Height? First touch? Heading ability? Dribbling? Ability to hold up play and give neat little flicks and knock ons?

TBFM just has the knack for putting the ball into the net .... he may not always have the best technique or elegance about him when he does it but fact me if he doesn't always seem to get it done!!!!

Ever since all the Crouch talk started I have thought that Mellor could have been just as effective in the same exact role, that Rafa could have coached him into doing the exact same shite he wanted from Crouch.

Now, far be it from me to question our manager. I am behinnd him 1000% and think he is doing a BRILLIANT facting job. Still though, the thouoghts linger that we already had a Crouch in our ranks and could have spent that cash elsewhere. What do you all think?

Btw ........ a nice easy deuce for those twats at OT tomorrow and come home all alone in 2nd!

Come on you REDS ....!!!

Hello Rashid

Imho one of the main reasons we are doing so well this season is the fact that Crouch is playing upfront.

He doesnt lose many flick on and his hold up play and ability to bring in team mates (especially Gerrard) is superb.

I like Mellor. Hes an honest hard working kid who has an eye for goal and im hoping he can get himself fit and next season push for a place in the 1st team but to compare him after scoring 1 goal today to Crouch who for the most part of the season so far has been excellent is just a little bit stupid.

To all you lads who are annoyed by the thread ...... go and fact yourselves, individually and collectively!!!

This is not meant to be a knock on either Crouch or Rafa. Nor am I in league with Rashid who I find to be a tiresome wanker most of the time.

I meant the question honestly and out of pure footballing curiosity.

TBM has always had a knack for scoring goals yet has never really been able to cement himself in the first team.

Now along comes Crouch whose main claim to fame is not goals, tho he does score them, but rather his style of play.

So again I ask, could Rafa not have converted Mellor into a Crouch-style player?

To my mind, their styles are more similar than not already anyway!!

Anyway, if you are offended by the question, again I say ........ fact off and don't answer!!

Anyone who wishes to discuss it on strictly footballing terms .... i would welcome your responses.

Thanks and rgds.

Come on you REDS ....!!!

Peter Crouch has many things TBM doesn't:

superior technique, better at bringing players into the game, more height, more skill, better hold up play and he DOES score goals too. He's far harder for any defender to handle and wreaks havoc in defences and even when he doesn't score he's likely to help in the build upto one of our goals. He has been an essential part of our team and one of the reasons we're so much better this year.

Mellor's a top class finisher and i hope he does well at Wigan so we get a decent price for him or so he can show Rafa he should be a regular in our first 16. However, having a go at Crouch to praise Mellor is a load of wank mate. He's been excellent for us and 2 or 3 quiet games later he's getting slagged again. Have a word with yourself.

Crouch and Mellor have different qualities. Personally I would prefer to see Mellor in the team ahead of Morientes, but Crouch has done well enough so far to justify his place in the first 11. Tomorrow will be a big game for him though, and we need a big performance (especially in front of goal.)

Note to crouch..... never go 2 matches without scoring or this will happen.

Best not mention that he hasnt even scored this year... (cue everyone who think he's shite coming back to post on this thread) O_o

And here was me thinking the anti crouch threads had stopped... Great timing by John Bull. :whistle: There's nothing wrong with sticking up for TBM, and in my opinion he can still do a job for us, but why does pointing out the good points of one of our strikers lead to a whole thread against the other ones?

To all you lads who are annoyed by the thread ...... go and fact yourselves, individually and collectively!!!

This is not meant to be a knock on either Crouch or Rafa. Nor am I in league with Rashid who I find to be a tiresome wanker most of the time.

I meant the question honestly and out of pure footballing curiosity.

TBM has always had a knack for scoring goals yet has never really been able to cement himself in the first team.

Now along comes Crouch whose main claim to fame is not goals, tho he does score them, but rather his style of play.

So again I ask, could Rafa not have converted Mellor into a Crouch-style player?

To my mind, their styles are more similar than not already anyway!!

Anyway, if you are offended by the question, again I say ........ fact off and don't answer!!

Anyone who wishes to discuss it on strictly footballing terms .... i would welcome your responses.

Thanks and rgds.

You can say fuck on here you soft get

So far as I'm aware, you aren't allowed to field players wearing stilts in the English Premier League, and human growth hormone treatment is highly controversial. So I guess the answer's NO.

Points well taken, especially the one about Mellor being injured at the start of the season. Had actually forgotten about that :lol:

I've gone back and read the first post and don't really see how you all saw this as a slag on Crouchie .... maybe you're all Rashided out and need a holiday from the board? :lol:

I honestly meant no ill towards either Crouch or Rafa --- I am very happy with both of them and also the shape and direction our team is taking. The question was based strictly in footballing terms.

Thanks for the sensible responses and the rest of you know what to do ..... :tease:

Cheers

Come on you REDS ....!!!

Mellor would compliment Crouch, but he has never held it up like Crouch can, Crucial to Benitez play. TBM has a place in our squad as a finisher, our fox in a box. Like we need someone with pace and someone who can hold it up, Mellor would give us options.