You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Per Kroldrjop

Who's this fella the blueshite are after DT? Any good?

Like the last paragraph, the classic Evertonian disclaimer.

Everton have reportedly agreed to sign Danish international defender Per Kroldrup from Udinese for a fee of £5m.

The 25-year-old central defender was a key player in Udinese's Champions League qualification, helping his side to a fourth-place finish in Serie A.

Moyes has been keen to strengthen his central defence, recently cooling his interest in Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin after City manager Stuart Pearce asked for £7m for the French defender.

And with Alan Stubbs still stalling over a new contract, Moyes will be delighted to have captured the strong centre-half.

The move is subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical but Everton are confident that Kroldrup will become their second high-profile signing of the summer, following the £4m capture of Spurs winger Simon Davies.

Glen, imo he's a very good central defender and one I would have thought more and bigger clubs would have looked at.

He's broken into the Denmark side recently due to Laursen's knee problems but he is muvh better on the ball than Laursen. A big strong defender and I'm sure he'll be a great signing for the blues.

I once watched him playing in the Danish first division (when he was only 18 ) which is the league just below the top and he got the ball in his own half playing in the sweeper role and he just carried it forward into midfield, flicked it over the defence to himself to chase and he ran through to score. One of the best goals I have ever seen live.

I think he'll do fine for them.*

* That's that taken care of, now he'll turn out to be shite. Oh, and I'm back.

Glen, imo he's a very good central defender and one I would have thought more and bigger clubs would have looked at.

He's broken into the Denmark side recently due to Laursen's knee problems but he is muvh better on the ball than Laursen. A big strong defender and I'm sure he'll be a great signing for the blues.

I once watched him playing in the Danish first division (when he was only 18 ) which is the league just below the top and he got the ball in his own half playing in the sweeper role and he just carried it forward into midfield, flicked it over the defence to himself to chase and he ran through to score. One of the best goals I have ever seen live.

I think he'll do fine for them.*

* That's that taken care of, now he'll turn out to be shite. Oh, and I'm back.

Excellent work from the resident Danish correspondent.

He sounds like a decent player DT, would you say he's Liverpool class?

Excellent work from the resident Danish correspondent.

He sounds like a decent player DT, would you say he's Liverpool class?

Not really sure, I mean it's difficult to say really, but he's done really well at Udinese and in the Denmark games that I've seen so I'll just say that I think he's a very good player. I wouldn't really want to call it yet, Ian.

No worries DT I was just trying to put your head on the block so I could come back and slaughter you at a later date ;)

I was surprised when I heard about it on the radio - £5M these days is not a small fee. No doubt the blues have offered 30p and a wagon wheel up front with the rest to be paid over 30 years.

Oh and the correct name is Per Krøldrup.

Which is what I said, see below:

He's a brilliant sweeper, very fast and skilful dribbler. He's the result of a night of homosexual activity between Rudi KROL and Michael LauDRUP.

Without the forward slash through the "o" of course.

Which is what I said, see below:

He's a brilliant sweeper, very fast and skilful dribbler. He's the result of a night of homosexual activity between Rudi KROL and Michael LauDRUP.

Without the forward slash through the "o" of course.

We got your "joke". That we didn't acknowledge it would be down to it's universally-accepted unfunniness. ;)

Anyway, why did you stand DT and I up in Istanbul?*

* Waits for Paul to correct sentence.

We got your "joke". That we didn't acknowledge it would be down to it's universally-accepted unfunniness. ;)

Anyway, why did you stand DT and I up in Istanbul?*

* Waits for Paul to correct sentence.

I give in. Split infinitive?

A gangly streak of piss, perhaps? :tease:

Exactly :yes:

I have mates who support his former club Aalborg and they'd tell you the same having seen him play more times than I have.

On the subject, he's played for Udinese as well. I think he made one appearance in two years before returning home. Krøldrup has been a regular there for what seems like ages.

Sounds promising... :no

You asked for an assesment, and you got it. Now you can go and tell your Viking Stavanger mates that he's shit long before they find out. Aren't you at least pleased with that?

You asked for an assesment, and you got it. Now you can go and tell your Viking Stavanger mates that he's shit long before they find out. Aren't you at least pleased with that?

I bet his carreer so far has been hampered with injuries and lack of trust from his manager, and once he REALLY gets going he'll be unstoppable :tease:

Roy Hodgson cant be that wrong. I hope.

I bet his carreer so far has been hampered with injuries and lack of trust from his manager, and once he REALLY gets going he'll be unstoppable :tease:

Roy Hodgson cant be that wrong. I hope.

Who do you trust more - me, established TLW forumite or Hodgson, clueless English football manager?

Cheers for that DT. Anyway, it's all subject to agreeing to terms and the famous Evertonian medical.

And not forgetting he'll have to drop his wage demands to £5 per week and a packet of crisps in any flavour he chooses. They won't alter their pay structure for anyone dontyaknow.

And not forgetting he'll have to drop his wage demands to £5 per week and a packet of crisps in any flavour he chooses. They won't alter their pay structure for anyone dontyaknow.

That isnt factual NP, and more than that, its downright unfair on them. The actual wage structure includes a * after the any flavour, i got this from a reliable source.

Wage structure:

£5 per week + 1 packet of crisps in any flavour* he chooses

*Flavours subject to being included in Netto Brand Crisps Multipack

Who do you trust more - me, established TLW forumite or Hodgson, clueless English football manager?

Tough call, but my heart tells me to go with Roy on this one. Besides, all danish players do well in Viking. Like Flindt Bjerg, Bo Andersen and Timm. We can't go wrong.