You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm genuinely interested to see what you feel isn't shameful out of them. 

The ones that are metaphorical rather than literal (such as the one about cutting off heads and the one about beating up).

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The ones that are metaphorical rather than literal (such as the one about cutting off heads and the one about beating up).

Wow.

So these comments aren't shameful: 

“Those who are with us deserve everything, but those who are against us deserve to have their heads chopped off with an axe,"

– Then-foreign minister and leader of the Yisrael Beiteinu party, Avigdor Lieberman, 2015.

"[The way to deal with Palestinians is to] beat them up, not once but repeatedly, beat them up so it hurts so badly, until it's unbearable."

– Benjamin Netanyahu, current prime minister, while in the opposition following his first term as prime minister, caught on video speaking to Israeli settlers, 2001.

I fucking hate this world. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Lebanese television, apparently/allegedly. 

Plus, it contains a totally uncertified/unverified subtitled translation of Arabic in to English. Might be true. Might not. Might not be an accurate translation. She says it was fired from "underneath" their office. What does that mean? From the building? From a car park? In the street by the building? 

It's an ambiguous video. The only clear thing is that it in no way justifies the recent Israeli war crimes like some are suggesting that it does. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wow.

So these comments aren't shameful: 

“Those who are with us deserve everything, but those who are against us deserve to have their heads chopped off with an axe,"

– Then-foreign minister and leader of the Yisrael Beiteinu party, Avigdor Lieberman, 2015.

"[The way to deal with Palestinians is to] beat them up, not once but repeatedly, beat them up so it hurts so badly, until it's unbearable."

– Benjamin Netanyahu, current prime minister, while in the opposition following his first term as prime minister, caught on video speaking to Israeli settlers, 2001.

I fucking hate this world. 

Bibi was definitely being metaphorical. The metaphor is for something much, much worse. 

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Found it now. The organisation was Al-Arabiya, the journalist was, Hanan al-Masri reporting from the very same building (Al Shorouq in Gaza) in 2009.

Do you have a link to the video? 

50 minutes ago, Numero said:

They were clearly targeting the news outlets. It's not the first time they've targeted press either. 

It's a possibility, although I don't see the reasoning behind it. It is probably the best covered conflict in the world.

With the population density in Gaza, lack of strategic depth and the fact there is very little you can hide, would it even be possible Hamas and their allies not to use civilian areas, installations or infrastructure for military purposes?

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It's a possibility, although I don't see the reasoning behind it. It is probably the best covered conflict in the world.

With the population density in Gaza, lack of strategic depth and the fact there is very little you can hide, would it even be possible Hamas and their allies not to use civilian areas, installations or infrastructure for military purposes?

It’s absolutely possible that they weren’t hiding out in Associated Press buildings, yet. The point of them doing it is to surprise those on the ground from doing their job and covering what’s going on. It might be widely covered but not from the ground. 

She didn't even know herself. Maybe the rocket was launched from the back of a truck outside the building? Or from the roof? Or from a toilet window, that video really doesn't tell us anything. Where do Israel launch their rockets from? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

She didn't even know herself. Maybe the rocket was launched from the back of a truck outside the building? Or from the roof? Or from a toilet window, that video really doesn't tell us anything. Where do Israel launch their rockets from? 

The sky, quite often. 

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

Ah yes, I remember seeing that now. Obviously nothing to do with what happened in Gaza with the AP, but I appreciate you posting it. 

Right. It doesn't prove that Hamas were using the building for terror purposes in 2021. It does prove they were using it for terror purposes in 2009.

I must say I would be astonished to learn Hamas are particularly scrupulous where they launch from, or where they put entrances to the tunnels, or would they use the same building with the journalist for intelligence purposes. I would definitely do it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero said:

I’ll take a hard pass on that one. The soon Hamas are fucked off, the safer the Palestinians will be. (Obvs not saying you’re serious)

I'm clearly not being serious. Fucking hell. Yep Hamas need to fuck off. The "being fucked off" comes with too much civilian atrocities that even the advanced Israeli military can't manage to do. Maybe the best way for Hamas to "fuck off" would be less people involved capable of coming out with comments like I posted above and actually acting on them as well. 

1 minute ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

And Hamas doesn't want to kill all jews but you know....

Well apparently its an agenda that we are outraged by Israel and not other countries.... Imagine if one of us made them same comments but about Israelis.... No hypocrisy here though no sir....... 

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I must say I would be astonished to learn Hamas are particularly scrupulous where they launch from, or where they put entrances to the tunnels, or would they use the same building with the journalist for intelligence purposes. I would definitely do it.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm clearly not being serious. Fucking hell. Yep Hamas need to fuck off. The "being fucked off" comes with too much civilian atrocities that even the advanced Israeli military can't manage to do. Maybe the best way for Hamas to "fuck off" would be less people involved capable of coming out with comments like I posted above and actually acting on them as well. 

I know you’re not being serious which is why I said that I’m brackets. The fucking off process needs no civilian casualties but for Fatah to gain power.