You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Biden is in danger of throwing away his presidency for Israel and Netanyahu. Over here the latest opinion poll has Labours lead cut to 13 points (although that could be a rouge poll).

I do worry we'll end up with another Trump presidency in full on psycho mode off the back of this. You can't just use TV to hide the truth these days, information flows much more freely so people can't be fooled as easily.

This is another example of why Twitter is the pits. You can have nuanced debate on something like the GF, or even Facebook, where it takes time to write a post. Twitter is just a million people having instant brain farts and posting rage and vids out into the ether - its algorithms actively promote 'content' that gets more engagement, which tends to be stuff that prompts anger. 

Whenever I make the mistake of clicking one of the links posted on here and follow it down the rabbit hole, it just sounds like a bunch of bonkers teenagers banging pots & pans together and screaming at the wall, not to mention all the professional troll farms at work. It's got zero credibility, undoubtedly makes people mentally ill and adds nothing to any debate. It's one of the worst things that has ever happened to humanity.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

This is another example of why Twitter is the pits. You can have nuanced debate on something like the GF, or even Facebook, where it takes time to write a post. Twitter is just a million people having instant brain farts and posting rage and vids out into the ether - its algorithms actively promote 'content' that gets more engagement, which tends to be stuff that prompts anger. 

Whenever I make the mistake of clicking one of the links posted on here and follow it down the rabbit hole, it just sounds like a bunch of bonkers teenagers banging pots & pans together and screaming at the wall, not to mention all the professional troll farms at work. It's got zero credibility, undoubtedly makes people mentally ill and adds nothing to any debate. It's one of the worst things that has ever happened to humanity.

I think I mentioned on here that I fucked it off because I recognised how angry it was making me. It's entire existence relies on people getting wound up. It's a good idea gone spectacularly wrong. Flip side is I would miss a lot of stuff if people didn't share it here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I’m interested in facts regardless where they come from.

There has been loads of facts posted on Twitter which you cannot find elsewhere, especially in main stream media. The majority of the content that has been posted here falls under the category of facts. 

Most of the facts I post here come from Jewish voices by the way.

You and everyone else know that you are free to dispute or challenge any content or present a different angle that you believe is relevant.

Dismissing the source without looking into the content doesn’t make the facts any less relevant.

25 minutes ago, Dicko said:

Labour now not opposing government plan to deny free prescriptions and dental care to those on benefits. Liz Kendall believes these plans don't go far enough. Labour are just more competent Tories. It's going to be a grim decade ahead. 

I'm clinging to the hope that they're just saying whatever it takes to get into power and not giving the right wing rags any ammunition - " Labour soft on scroungers" etc. That's the hope. The alternative is, as you say, grim.

Edit: replying to post in wrong thread.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

I dont even know how this ends any more. 

Grim. 

The whole idea of the UN and The Hague etc was to prevent anything like this from happening again. The failure is there for all to see.

With Russia being condemned for invading Ukraine and killing civilians in Ukraine (at least the Ukrainians have some means to defend themselves), whilst Israel have done the exact same to Palestinians, and possibly worse, the West has shown itself to be the most duplicitous of cunts.

Netanyahu has seen how weak the West is and has just done what he has always dreamt of - begun the eradication/elimination/forced migration of an entire tranche of people.

We see it is white capitalists commiting the crimes in Palestine, so that's OK of course. It's the "only democracy in the middle east", so that's OK of course. 

So does it end with the death of every Palestinian currently living in Palestine or the eradication of Israel by Palestinians who will keep fighting? Hamas doesn't want a 2 state solution. The right-wing cunts in the current Israeli government don't want a 2 state solution. There doesn't look to be any in-between other than continued violence. 

Western people need to put pressure on their own governments to hold Israel to account. How that happens with the US bankrolling the murder of Palestinians - I've no idea. It needs to happen though.