You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

21 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

What supports the reality of a lifelong concentration camp are the facts on the ground more than anything else.

I think the Fink would have deeper skepticism about all the global superpowers being willing to subsidise a concentration camp forever - but that's just my opinion.

40 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea - agreed. The stereotype writes itself.

I do think that generational "turnover" for lack of a better word is happening at a vastly quicker rate than ever before and media/news/access to information is one of the best examples of that. 

Yes, agreed, and to be fair many of the problems we have here are related to the voting system, and various other undemocratic aspects of our "democracy".

Just wish young people would actually vote. It would strengthen the argument to change this stuff. 

18 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Anyone know what purpose the UN serves these days? 

Absolutely no fucking purpose whatsoever. Considering it’s the fucking U.N. that plonked Israel in an ocean of Arabs (and to think it could have been Uganda-what sort of a shit show would that have started?) but is now completely powerless the rectify the situation. Churchill warned them, Loyd George warned them - the whole mess was accurately predicted.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I am getting the impression that Israel seems to be the main hold-out on the hostages / ceasefire deal. Anybody anti-semitic might wonder if Netanyahu was more interested in pummelling Palestinians than getting the hostages released.

Apparently, a few Israeli MPs have labelled the families of the hostages as enemies on a par with Hamas because they won't remain quiet about Israel's lack of action in negotiating their return.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

I can’t help but feel the Israeli’s will shrug their shoulders and carry on. I’m not sure what this is meant to achieve, other than give Israeli civil maritime operations a bloody nose. Some proper action film shit though.

That's gonna confuse JK. Should he change his silent support of Saudi  bombing Yemeni civilians now that Houthi troops have thrown their hat in the anti Israel ring? 

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

That's gonna confuse JK. Should he change his silent support of Saudi  bombing Yemeni civilians now that Houthi troops have thrown their hat in the anti Israel ring? 

You don’t read what I post.

I answer for what I say. I don’t answer for what you imagine.

Quote something I said and challenge it. I might take you seriously then.

39 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

You don’t read what I post.

I answer for what I say. I don’t answer for what you imagine.

Quote something I said and challenge it. I might take you seriously then.

Yadda yadda yadda