Jump to content
  • Sign up for free and receive a month's subscription

    You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant


Rashid
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

I haven’t seen her other chats, but if you feel they are relevant then why don’t you go ahead and post them yourself?

 

Ah - she's a card. 

You know she is having it out with Shapiro? That is why she put Finkelstein on - well below his class tbh but it's a gig I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

 

Of course not.

That is why it was so strange to see her content.

Must have been #finkelstein'ed


Yes of course. Finkelstein is one of my Jewish heroes. I always look him up. It would be great to know what you think of his views rather than what you think of how I got to see his views.

 

Here’s the link to that interview again for easier reference:

 

https://x.com/candaceowenspod/status/1725622973531394227?s=46&t=rTM5huSAdkyumn9JrNS_MQ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh - very well spoken guy with an opinion that is shared by many.  I think there would be if not a majority then at least a plurality of Jews in NYC that share his opinion on the current situation.

Like Chomsky, his being American has given him some intellectual and moral freedom that I imagine many young Israeli scholars might struggle with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Oh - very well spoken guy with an opinion that is shared by many.  I think there would be if not a majority then at least a plurality of Jews in NYC that share his opinion on the current situation.

Like Chomsky, his being American has given him some intellectual and moral freedom that I imagine many young Israeli scholars might struggle with. 


True. 

 

But I didn’t ask you about how well spoken he is or how many Jews share his opinions.

 

I asked you about what you think of his views.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

 

He's got quite a few.

With regard to the situation now? 


With regard to the subject of his interview with Candace Owen. You know, the tweet that you referenced … the tweet that actually triggered this conversation … this tweet:

 

https://x.com/candaceowenspod/status/1725622973531394227?s=46&t=rTM5huSAdkyumn9JrNS_MQ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jurgen Knows said:


With regard to his interview with Candace Owen. You know, the tweet that you referenced … the tweet that actually triggered this conversation …

 

Ah - thought you meant overall, not specific to that audio - I will have to give it a listen as I would have never considered it because of Owens.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

 

Ah - thought you meant overall, not specific to that audio - I will have to give it a listen as I would have never considered it because of Owens.

 


Ah ok … so you question how other people get to find certain content before you actually listen to that content.

 

Got you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:


Ah ok … so you question how other people get to find certain content before you actually listen to that content.

 

Got you.

 

Those are two different questions. 

 

I always find the source of what people post interesting/telling.

Pretty sure everyone does.

 

Before I do - you didn't really sit through an hour of Candace Owens did you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

 

Those are two different questions. 

 

I always find the source of what people post interesting/telling.

Pretty sure everyone does.

 

Before I do - you didn't really sit through an hour of Candace Owens did you?


So you argue with sources rather than ideas. Not very wise if you ask me.

 

And yes I listened to an hour of Norman Finkelstein. I will always find a lot of time for Norman Finkelstein and other Jewish heroes like him (Noam Chomsky, Ilan Pappe …)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

So you argue with sources rather than ideas. Not very wise if you ask me.

 

Exactly.

 

2 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

And yes I listened to an hour of Norman Finkelstein. I have a lot of time for Norman Finkelstein and other Jewish heroes like him (Noam Chomsky, Ilan Pappe …)

 

 

I don't believe you but I will report back with my findings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Johnathon Cook on Consortium News

 

However counter-intuitive it may sound, there are three good grounds — ethical ones, at that — for refusing to join in the chorus of condemnation of Hamas’ actions on Oct. 7.

That isn’t the same as condoning what Hamas did. It is clear the group carried out war crimes that day — not least by attacking civilians and taking them as hostages.

But there is an important distinction to be made between recognising that crimes were committed and colluding in an act of condemnation that has been openly politicised, and continues to be politicised, to justify harming Palestinian civilians.

 

https://consortiumnews.com/2023/11/17/the-war-machine-wants-you-to-condemn-hamas/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Wish I had seen the link to the Candace Owens content earlier.

She's great isn't she?

Can you post her chat with Tucker Carlson the other day for the interested folks?

 

To be fair I think you're more likely to see her recently if you're scrolling around Palestine/Gaza related hashtags enough, I've seen tweets about her often and I've never searched for her. She's gone against a lot of other right wingers when it comes to Gaza, has been arguing with Shapiro + interviewing Finkelstein will have boosted her on social media too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

20231119_092707.jpg

 

Honestly, still not numb to what's happening. The west is standing by and watching ethnic cleansing happening on an industrial scale. All because consecutive Israeli governments believe in a fairy tale written a few thousand years back. It's amazing how the Middle East is so governed by fairy tales, even "the only democracy in the middle east".

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...