You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

8 hours ago, Jhinge Machha said:

pretty much.

Founding goal of Hamas was an ethnic cleansing of the jews so its a bit wild to be supporting these acts by Hamas and pretend its not terorrism

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

This fellas got nearly a quarter of a million followers on twitter.

4 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Fuck off back under the rock you crawled from under. Just seen that people at a festival for peace were murdered and you are engaging in whataboutery. 

No you just dreamt that up.

Forget about what happened yesterday focus on the mass slaughter taking place today in Gaza...isn't that how you're brainwashed to work.

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Sometimes pal you are a complete wanker.

I don’t get what his religious denomination has got to do with anything. It’s people giving a shit about space ghosts that got us here in the first place 

• Upvote 1

Israel

Has a right to exist and to defend itself, but nothing excuses the relentless oppression and frequent murderous attacks on Palestinian people.

Palestine

Has a right to exist and to defend itself, but nothing excuses murderous attacks on Israeli civilians in Israel.

• Upvote 5

OK, so what was the point of this Hamas move? By now, it seems obvious that it was styled as a terrorist operation aimed at provoking the most brutal possible Israel's reaction.

Is Hamas losing grip on power (does not look like it), or do they need more funding or do they think the ability to hurt Israel in such a way would strengthen their negotiation hand / position? Or does it goes beyond Israel/Palestine?

11 minutes ago, SasaS said:

OK, so what was the point of this Hamas move? By now, it seems obvious that it was styled as a terrorist operation aimed at provoking the most brutal possible Israel's reaction.

Is Hamas losing grip on power (does not look like it), or do they need more funding or do they think the ability to hurt Israel in such a way would strengthen their negotiation hand / position? Or does it goes beyond Israel/Palestine?

I think what you're not taking into consideration here is that Hamas are fuelled by lunatics who believe in fairy tales, in martyrdom and in being given a load of virgins when they go to their new home in the sky. All the while they were slaughtering civilian car drivers, attacking festival goers and kidnapping military and civilian people yesterday they were repeatedly shouting "god is great" over and over again. In short, they're a bunch of fucking loonies. 

That doesn't mean that Israel aren't a bullying load of twats but whatever either side are doing right now isn't the answer. 

10 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

People have been sharing videos of people in London tonight who were waving Palestinian flags and have accused them of “celebrating the murder of Jews.”

No accompanying chants, slogans, words. Just the waving of flags. 

Robert Jenrick has even got involved and asked the Met to investigate. 

Surely there’s a sliding scale on this? It could be viewed as a bit insensitive to wave the Palestinian flag, but is insensitivity a crime? Is it really such a straightforward conclusion that anybody waving a Palestinian flag today is celebrating the murder of Jews? I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. People might be celebrated their long term nemesis getting a bloody nose, so to speak. Or that their brothers and sisters, in the wider sense, have temporarily liberated themselves and returned to their ancestral homelands, albeit briefly. 

I think it’s a massive leap to witness waving of the Palestinian flag and to jump instantly to “they’re celebrating the murder of Jews.” 

Rather, I think that pro-Israel/zionists have always viewed the Palestinian flag as a form of kryptonite and may be trying to tarnish it’s image and falsely class it as an expression of Jew hatred. 

someone was pictured in liverpool with one,on the eve of the labour conference.

Predictable response.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He's right, though.  Whether or not PO believes any Bronze Age or Medieval fairy stories is irrelevant: all that's relevant is that he's a cunt.

I think in a thread discussing actions when two religious groups are slaughtering each other it is relevant to know if  you belong to one of those groups. It is not discriminatory to ask someones religion. For all I know this chap is Jewish, which would certainly alter the perception of his posts. He may be Christian he may be Muslim. I don't give a shit they are all mental but it does add context.

13 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I think in a thread discussing actions when two religious groups are slaughtering each other it is relevant to know if  you belong to one of those groups. It is not discriminatory to ask someones religion. For all I know this chap is Jewish, which would certainly alter the perception of his posts. He may be Christian he may be Muslim. I don't give a shit they are all mental but it does add context.

I think the fact that he referred to the Jewish victims as “rats” is a bit of a clue that he’s not Jewish. 

Why does Corbyn bother other than to fuel his ego? To be involved in the narrative somehow. He doesn't condemn Hamas and just comes out with airy fairy statements such as "war is terrible" whilst not offering any solution, like he did with Russia.  We can all do that, it sounds lovely and we can all agree but is just wishy washy bollocks at the end of the day.

Notice I didn't mention anyone being his "friends" Doh!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

Why does Corbyn bother other than to fuel his ego? To be involved in the narrative somehow. He doesn't condemn Hamas and just comes out with airy fairy statements such as "war is terrible" whilst not offering any solution, like he did with Russia.  We can all do that, it sounds lovely and we can all agree but is just wishy washy bollocks at the end of the day.

Notice I didn't mention anyone being his "friends" Doh!

we have got people calling for israel to show no more mercy and for further bloodshed, and the fella who suggests the madness should end,gets laced.

standard.

I also notice no one  is arsed about us being best mates with a country who shoots kids in the street