You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alan Greene 5 live/Newstalk

Stormbringer

Had to listen to the game on radio the other night.

Alan Greene just kept saying 'what is Nunez? I can't work it out! Can anyone tell me?'

Jim Beglin had no answer!

Then the classic 'Madrid have sold Liverpool a steward, they should give him a luminous jacket then he'd have somethiung he could do!'

On the basis of his contributions so far, comment on here and the commentary last night this was a class comment imo.

:lol:

I've no idea what he is either - he's not very fast and his crossing is a bit poo. Not the best credential for a winger really.

Ill give him a bit more time though.

Benitez describing Nunez's qualities when he signed "He's very quick and gets good crosses in".

You were warned in August. Where are all those who slated me for saying it back then.

You were still out of order for saying back then. Doesn't matter if he's turned out (so far) to be a bit poo and wee, you shouldn't have judged him befiore you'd ever even seen him play one game.

You can't gloat just because a pure guess full of prejudice that you made paid off ffs. That's Duncan Oldham territory.

Congratulations though.

My opinion was based on these facts:

He joined Real Madrid from a 3rd Division Club in Spain when he was 23

Question: If he was any good why didn't somebody spot him before this.

After joining Real he played 10 games in 3 seasons

Question : Why didn't he play more, after the Galactico's Real are famous for having a threadbare squad

I stuck my neck out on the basis that if you are any good it shows before you reach the age of 26.

Ian Wright Wright Wright, Ian Wright Wright Wright.

By the time Ian Wright was 26 he had played 163 league games and scored 63 goals. You'll have to think of someone else. ;>)

"I see what you are saying but it was still worth giving him a bloody chance?"

Well, if I was manager I'd have saved us some money.

To be fair to Rafa he may not have had much choice in the matter - I mean thats what Real offered and we weren't in a position to reject the bid so maybe we had to just grin and bear it.

That might not be the case but its worth entertaining the idea.

Rafa claims he was interested in signing him anyway, regardless of the Owen deal.

Don't mind Green. Would much rather have somebody say "nothing to recommend about this drivel, this game is woeful" etc than the sycophantic over excited Sky brigade trying to keep you interested in a dour 0-0 "keep watching folks this game is about to spark into life" or other such cack.

Alan Green is a tit anyway so just ignore his drivel where possible. Allegedly he is a Liverpool Fan so he tends to try and over-compensate for this by slagging us off at every opportunity in order to appear NEUTRAL. KNOB :telloff:

Green is a season ticket holder. Saw him in the upper anny a few times. Not that that means he is not a tit, as thousands prove that every week.

Anyway, can you tell me where you got your avatar from, or email it to aidangannon@eircom.net if you get a chance, please? Ta.

Tell me, specifically, what you see in Josemi, please.

I've stated before that he is struggling because he is not used to his direct opponent, coming from another country. The full back position is the most difficult to adjust to when moving country, because you have a relatively unknown opponent against you every week.

For example, facing players with the styles Beckham/Duff/Gronkjaer. Three totally different players, but all wide midfielders. The first will never beat you but always makes space for the cross, the second will always try to go passed you with skill, the third will push it passed you and use his pace.

Central defenders do not have this problem as they are supported by the other central defender and the defensive midfielder.

Josemi does not know what he faces each week. When he is used to the opponents (next season), he will become the regular right-back. Come back and discuss this next Christmas, when I'll be happy to hear you agree with me. ;>)

I've stated before that he is struggling because he is not used to his direct opponent, coming from another country. The full back position is the most difficult to adjust to when moving country, because you have a relatively unknown opponent against you every week.

For example, facing players with the styles Beckham/Duff/Gronkjaer. Three totally different players, but all wide midfielders. The first will never beat you but always makes space for the cross, the second will always try to go passed you with skill, the third will push it passed you and use his pace.

Central defenders do not have this problem as they are supported by the other central defender and the defensive midfielder.

Josemi does not know what he faces each week. When he is used to the opponents (next season), he will become the regular right-back. Come back and discuss this next Christmas, when I'll be happy to hear you agree with me. ;>)

I don't wanna start another slanging match but I totally disagree. If it was just the same type of calibre players that you mentioned who Josemi was getting ripped to shreds by then i'd tend to agree. However he's been totally dominated by the likes of Pedersen, Kolkka, Emerton, Kilbane et al

If he can't deal with them then he has problems.