You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Edwards Return Confirmed

27 minutes ago, Code said:

You dont let your best defending player and best attacking player leave, just because they have turned 30, when not only are they your best players, but they also are the players who play the most minutes and almost never are injured. 

Agree. It will be absolutely fucking mental to not tie both down. They are the best in their roles. 

36 minutes ago, Code said:

You dont let your best defending player and best attacking player leave, just because they have turned 30, when not only are they your best players, but they also are the players who play the most minutes and almost never are injured. 

That's something that arlarses my age still need to get used to; modern footballers can still be excellent in their 30s.  Virg and Mo have got a few more top-level minutes in them yet.

Up The Cherries forum seem to think that Hughes will destroy us. They think he’ll be buying players, but won’t he just be negotiating price? Won’t the analytics lads still be putting forward players?

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's something that arlarses my age still need to get used to; modern footballers can still be excellent in their 30s.  Virg and Mo have got a few more top-level minutes in them yet.

Yesteday Pepe was excellent for Porto against Arsenal, at the age of 41. 

Look at Mo, he will be able to give C.Ronaldo a run for his money when it comes to keeping fit and be able to play for a long time yet, he’s a machine. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Up The Cherries forum seem to think that Hughes will destroy us. They think he’ll be buying players, but won’t he just be negotiating price? Won’t the analytics lads still be putting forward players?

Meet Hamed Junior Traore, Bournemouths most expensive signing this summer. 

Played 44 minutes of PL football and 137 minutes in the Carabao Cup this season, now loaned out to Napoli. 

Not really a good sign. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/hamed-junior-traore/profil/spieler/391065

IMG_0194.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Code said:

Yesteday Pepe was excellent for Porto against Arsenal, at the age of 41. 

Look at Mo, he will be able to give C.Ronaldo a run for his money when it comes to keeping fit and be able to play for a long time yet, he’s a machine. 

Madrid sold Ronaldo at the age of 34 and he banged in 81 goals in 98 games for Juventus. 

Salah is 31. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The bottom line is it'll really come down to the manager. Like with klopp these players come in and are mostly successful. And yet loads we miss out on fail elsewhere. So the players have to have the talent, but just as importantly is providing the environment to showcase it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I can't believe that a person who's decided to leave for a better opportunity is getting talked down by the fans of the club he's leaving.

Given he's on record as saying the manager has the first and last word on signings and that the chief exec was heavily involved in negotiations there's a fair chance he wasn't a Moggi style all powerful figure at Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

I think we will cash in on Salah to Saudi this summer and let VVD go for free next summer.

Salah is 32 and starting to pick up injuries now. I lf we get offers over £100 million for him I can't see us turning it down.

Mate, vvd has years left in him. We can't let him go next year. 

Mo is a different story, but when you say he's starting to get injuries. He's had one when he's away from his hyberbaric chamber. He just needs to fuck international football off. Which I realise is hard when you're the leader of the nation. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Mate, vvd has years left in him. We can't let him go next year. 

Mo is a different story, but when you say he's starting to get injuries. He's had one when he's away from his hyberbaric chamber. He just needs to fuck international football off. Which I realise is hard when you're the leader of the nation. 

It's a hard one to call. He'll be 34 at the end of his contract. I can't see us making him a big offer at that point, so I think he will move on.

For all the talk around the likes of Pepe and Thiago Silva,  most players start to decline in their mid 30's and I'm not sure he has as long left as you think.

I know, but with Mo there's already signs that he's losing his pace which is a big part of his game. There's zero chance he will fuck off International football too as he'd go from hero to persona non grata if he did that!

10 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

It's a hard one to call. He'll be 34 at the end of his contract. I can't see us making him a big offer at that point, so I think he will move on.

For all the talk around the likes of Pepe and Thiago Silva,  most players start to decline in their mid 30's and I'm not sure he has as long left as you think.

I know, but with Mo there's already signs that he's losing his pace which is a big part of his game. There's zero chance he will fuck off International football too as he'd go from hero to persona non grata if he did that!

Pepe and Thiago Silva are kind of turd in reality. What people don't talk about is that you have to build tactically around them or they will be bad.

That's the question you have to ask; do you want to do that? Chelsea won the Champions League playing a back 3. Is that what you have to move to? Is a high line out of the question? In that case, what about the pressing without a high line? 

Not that I'd toss Virgil overboard, but it's not a straightforward thing.

Mo is kind of the same, where he will become more of a 10 than a winger. Is that what we want?

• Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

There is no sign of him losing his pace, thats basically bullshit. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pepe and Thiago Silva are kind of turd in reality. What people don't talk about is that you have to build tactically around them or they will be bad.

That's the question you have to ask; do you want to do that? Chelsea won the Champions League playing a back 3. Is that what you have to move to? Is a high line out of the question? In that case, what about the pressing without a high line? 

Not that I'd toss Virgil overboard, but it's not a straightforward thing.

Mo is kind of the same, where he will become more of a 10 than a winger. Is that what we want?

Clueless as ever. 

I don't think he is quite as quick as he was pre injury but he's adapted his game and still brilliant. Would t be surprised if we offered him a year extension giving him 2 seasons left, maybe the same with Mo. Gives them security buy also the chance to make a big move to Saudi if that's what they want. 

28 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I think there's an element of smart you can have here. There's loads of models you can have with rolling contracts. Vvd won't want to be dropped and sitting round to just get paid. So while he's great, why wouldn't he want to play here until he can't and why wouldn't we want him? So it's no risk for everyone. It's almost the same for Mo. But I realise his money is a different discussion as he's almost doubled everyone else. I can't see vvd leaving until he's properly done. Salah, as he's a forward, can probably find something fun to do once he's no longer the best. But I'm sure he's not got a major move left in him. So his move will surely be his choice?