You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Edwards Return Confirmed

19 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Backing of the fans. Alonso is idolised here so would have more sway due to the potential backlash from us if something goes against him.

The other side of the coin is the fans will stay behind him if its a difficult start. The Portuguese fella won't have that. Tbe fans will want him gone quicker

Sounds like he wants a doer-upper club he can tinker with, so he's not left twiddling his thumbs like he was once Klopp got his team together and shifted approach to more established players.

Still don't like this multi-club lark, but I guess if you can't beat 'em and all that. The vote on the matter not going FSG's way must've swayed them.

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The other side of the coin is the fans will stay behind him if its a difficult start. The Portuguese fella won't have that. Tbe fans will want him gone quicker

Oh 100% but my point was more on who Edwards might want in to fit his vision and having someone come in that's more willing to listen to his way as opposed to making decisions themselves (Klopp with the Henderson contract extension for example) 

Like I've said, I could be completely wrong in this and I hope I am because I'm desperate for Alonso to come in.

11 minutes ago, Moo said:

Meh.

And if it's not Alonso, and I'm now near enough convinced it won't be, the next fella will have to get off to a really good start. I don't envy him.

Imagine if we're still fighting on all fronts at the end of the season going for 3 more trophies. 

Klopp himself struggled with leggy players the season after his quadruple battles, going to be difficult for a new guy to follow that, and have the transition period. 

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

Meh.

And if it's not Alonso, and I'm now near enough convinced it won't be, the next fella will have to get off to a really good start. I don't envy him.

The next manager of Liverpool will have the best platform any Liverpool manager has had since the 70's.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Megadrive Man said:

If we are going down the multi club route, there's a little blue club not far from here that are struggling to get a takeover approved?

Be a good stadium for the kids and woman to use

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Rafa just been sacked by Celta

Liverpool announce Edwards today

math-zack-galifianakis.gif

I've heard from a mate whose brother works for a company that fills the vending machines in the canteen at Newcastle  and apparently Almiron has handed in a transfer request.

The pieces are all falling into place

I think I hate him. Reading the achievements listed on that statement like he scored 40 goals is a bit nauseating. Stay in the background and crunch the numbers you cunt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

We are going down tbe multi club route

I hate it. I understand it as you can't get left behind but from a 'good of football' view I think it's a disgraceful system

100%

Edwards did well in a certain role. He's now been brought back in another role. Hopefully it will work, but there's no empirical evidence it will. His speciality is precisely what the person he'll hire to be sporting director will now do. If he's not repeatedly overruling whoever gets that role, I'm not sure what he'll be up to that's based on his expertise. 

8 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Edwards did well in a certain role. He's now been brought back in another role. Hopefully it will work, but there's no empirical evidence it will. His speciality is precisely what the person he'll hire to be sporting director will now do. If he's not repeatedly overruling whoever gets that role, I'm not sure what he'll be up to that's based on his expertise. 

There's no empirical evidence of people getting promoted to do a job higher up the organisational tree than the one they have previously excelled at? It's practiacll6 every person in a senior role.ij business.

Doesn't mean hull excel again, but there's plenty of prior.

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's no empirical evidence of people getting promoted to do a job higher up the organisational tree than the one they have previously excelled at? It's practiacll6 every person in a senior role.ij business.

Doesn't mean hull excel again, but there's plenty of prior.

There's no empirical evidence of HIM, Michael Edwards, being suited to excelling at this particular new role, rather than the particular old role, to which he has now been appointed, given the fact that, since leaving his old role, his consultancy work has been much the same. How you can possibly, honestly, apply your hermeneutic skills to my post and arrive at that ridiculous generalisation, without wishing to score some deluded cheap point, is utterly beyond me, and, I dare say, everyone else on this fucking planet. ("ii6, .ij")

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

Signed Gomez, Milner and Bobby in the last pre-klopp summer. Ings and Clyne too who were both solid squad additions for little outlay.

Less said of Benteke the better, but that's more of a mentality thing on him than anything, plus Klopp wanted Bobby as his sole striker so a bad start became terminal.

Benteke was all Rodgers, if I recall. I think he made a right fuss about getting him so they ended up signing him and Bobby. 

13 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

There's no empirical evidence of HIM, Michael Edwards, being suited to excelling at this particular new role, rather than the particular old role, to which he has now been appointed, given the fact that, since leaving his old role, his consultancy work has been much the same. How you can possibly, honestly, apply your hermeneutic skills to my post and arrive at that ridiculous generalisation, without wishing to score some deluded cheap point, is utterly beyond me, and, I dare say, everyone else on this fucking planet. ("ii6, .ij")

The fella has got a promotion. Like a billion people before him. He might be great at it. He might not. 

I really.dont know why you felt the need to get all pissy about it and vomit a thesaurus. Other than, well, it being you.

• Haha 2