You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - EFL Cup Final, Sun 25th Feb 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, Scott_M said:

Yeah, it was annoying me as well. Apart from a couple of spells, we were the better side for the vast majority of the game.

They likely had the bigger, more clear cut, chances, Carra seems to have ignored we had chances of our own. 

I'm not even sure they even had that by any great degree.

Over 120 mins...

They hit the post from Gallagher, we hit the post from Gakpo. 

They had a scramble at the end of full time, we had the scramble in extra time from Harvey's header

They had the (righlty) disallowed goal, we had the (imo wrongly) disallowed goal.

Beyond that, Kelleher made his two really great saves which are the stand outs but we had chances elsewhere, including a cup winning goal.

It was pretty balanced overall I thought. As a game and in terms of chances.

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'm not even sure they even had that by any great degree.

Over 120 mins...

They hit the post from Gallagher, we hit the post from Gakpo. 

They had a scramble at the end of full time, we had the scramble in extra time from Harvey's header

They had the (righlty) disallowed goal, we had the (imo wrongly) disallowed goal.

Beyond that, Kelleher made his two really great saves which are the stand outs but we had chances elsewhere, including a cup winning goal.

It was pretty balanced overall I thought. As a game and in terms of chances.

Actually just found this on Opta which really does back me up.

(Oddly we're the blue line and they are the red line).

They had the best chance first half but by half time we had the higher xG. 

Their scramble late on near full time was the difference in them having a higher cG than us over 90 and 120 minutes but really not that much in it and a game where both sides had good chances at different stages.

Screenshot_20240226_104437_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_104443_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_104504_Brave.jpg

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Actually just found this on Opta which really does back me up.

(Oddly we're the blue line and they are the red line).

They had the best chance first half but by half time we had the higher xG. 

Their scramble late on near full time was the difference in them having a higher cG than us over 90 and 120 minutes but really not that much in it and a game where both sides had good chances at different stages.

Screenshot_20240226_104437_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_104443_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_104504_Brave.jpg

To be honest all I care about is how many we put in the net compared to them.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’m sick of this rhetoric and Carragher kept saying it that Chelsea should have put it to bed etc. We outplayed them in large spells. If Mo and Nunez played yesterday it would have been a slaughter. 

He was a stupid cunt like he is most of the time. The chance for Diaz, Gakpo hitting the post, Gakpo shooting over from a good position, Virgil's disallowed goal, Elliott hitting the side netting, Elliott forcing a brilliant save, Danns's header that was tipped over and then the goal. 

What the fuck does "should have put it to bed" mean? Was he fucking blind when Kelleher made all those brilliant saves? 

The stupid idiot. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be honest all I care about is how many we put in the net compared to them.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not even slightly into xG but as a graphic I felt that did a good job of reflecting how I thought the game had felt.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

Chilwell was being a gobshite all game, giving our players the verbals every time. Was he always this much of a gobshite or is it club influence?

I had the chance to meet King Kenny a long time ago. That was around 97/99 when I was working in Kiyv .

He was managing Newcastle and I was invited the day before the match in CL for the training. 

I went to him to say hello, shy as a kid. He agreed we took a picture, no selfie back then.

My English was good at the time but still  I hardly understood what he said and my friend fucked the picture. Still a great memory though. 

Slava Ukraïni by the way !

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

He was a stupid cunt like he is most of the time. The chance for Diaz, Gakpo hitting the post, Gakpo shooting over from a good position, Virgil's disallowed goal, Elliott hitting the side netting, Elliott forcing a brilliant save, Danns's header that was tipped over and then the goal. 

What the fuck does "should have put it to bed" mean? Was he fucking blind when Kelleher made all those brilliant saves? 

The stupid idiot. 

Gona change your username and 'tar ?

33 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

*Caicedo injuring Endo 

Yeah just realised that. What a cock.

In positive news Joe Gomez said this 

“It’s a 50-50 stadium but it’s evident how superior our fans are in comparison.”

Alright Joe, no need to stick the boot in haha.

18 hours ago, Strontium said:

The subs show that Klopp has basically given this up, which is fair enough, with these officials and this injury list we ain't winning shit today.

Of all the shite you have ever posted on this forum thats the worst by far. Possibly our greatest ever manager we have ever had and he gave up in a final. 

And you say you dont troll- LOL

14 hours ago, Jennings said:

My daughter had amate round to watch the game. They're over 18, but still had to mind manners etc.

Virge scores on 118 mins.

"TRY TO CHALK THAT ONE OFF, YOU CUNTS!"

Fuck that; I said exactly the same and my kids were pissing themselves. TBF I had spent the last 40 mins just stood in front of the TV at the time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1