You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wataru Endo Welcome to Liverpool

John102

He did fine enough considering everything. The first 5 mins or so he was clearly taken away by the speed the ball is moved in this league, there was a small passage of play where Bournemouth played some nice one touch stuff and a ball went over his head and he was just frozen, like "fuck what do I do next". But I thought he grew into it and near the end was looking quite comfortable. I hope he starts next week. 

Thought he looked pretty good on the ball. The concern was off the ball, he definitely looked outpaced once or twice.

Hard to judge much from a cameo when we were down to 10 men, though. Hopefully just a bit of getting his legs under him and he'll be OK. I don't think our expectations are super high, in my opinion if he can just give us what Fabinho gave us last year, that's good enough.

Getting thrown straight into Prem pace without any training remember, plus in a game where there were only two men in a three man midfield setup.

If he looks off it after the intl break, then it'll be time to see it as an actual issue. Part of the reason why we should have SIGNED HIM SOONER.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Thought he looked pretty good on the ball. The concern was off the ball, he definitely looked outpaced once or twice.

Hard to judge much from a cameo when we were down to 10 men, though. Hopefully just a bit of getting his legs under him and he'll be OK. I don't think our expectations are super high, in my opinion if he can just give us what Fabinho gave us last year, that's good enough.

Dunno about that. I'm not expecting prime fabinho, but if he's going to be at the level fab was last year, he's no good to us. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Dunno about that. I'm not expecting prime fabinho, but if he's going to be at the level fab was last year, he's no good to us. 

He'll be better than Fabinho of last year. 

He'll be better than Henderson of last year too.

Will he be better or as good as them at their peaks - not IMO....which is why he surely won't be 'it' for our midfield business...

54 minutes ago, an tha said:

He'll be better than Fabinho of last year. 

He'll be better than Henderson of last year too.

Will he be better or as good as them at their peaks - not IMO....which is why he surely won't be 'it' for our midfield business...

I agree with most. But I don't think there'll be more. It'll be him and bajcetic now, maybe a bit of thiago. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I agree with most. But I don't think there'll be more. It'll be him and bajcetic now, maybe a bit of thiago. 

To be fair you were of view we were done before he came in.

And that isn't me having a pop at all.....i think as i have maintained all summer that we aren't done yet this summer.

7 hours ago, an tha said:

To be fair you were of view we were done before he came in.

And that isn't me having a pop at all.....i think as i have maintained all summer that we aren't done yet this summer.

Yeah, fair enough. It's surprised me we'd be willing to go for a player out of our profile, but that's why I think we're done..we exhausted the list of players that match the profile. 

It's hard to be critical of his performance given we don't know what his instructions were but his use of the ball made Hendo look like Xavi. Anything forward or over 5 yards was off limits for him, I felt that played a major role in Newcastle dominating from the 10th to 30th minute. 

Based on that we need him to be a Klavan, someone that sees out games and starts no more than a dozen games. We aren't winning a league with him starting regularly.

2 minutes ago, aws said:

I thought he was ok.  I can’t recall him missing a tackle, letting anyone run past him easily or giving the ball away stupidly. He just kept everything simple and worked hard. 

He was fine in his defensive work but he redefined simple when he came to passing the ball.

Just now, No2 said:

He was fine in his defensive work but he redefined simple when he came to passing the ball.

Agreed but let’s see how it goes when he has someone in space to pass it to.  Newcastle closed us down tight when we were in possession and fouled us whenever we found breathing room. Well, they did until  chaos was ignited. 

• Upvote 1