You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre-Season 2023

TD_LFC

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

I think our new midfield will throw into sharp relief just how bad our old one was with the two who've moved to Saudi.  They always got the benefit of the doubt with a lot of our fans, but really they were piss poor,

Henderson was always a poor technical midfielder. Could never take the ball under pressure and would hoof under any press.

Fab was top class up to last season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Sounds promising for Sunday 

Tells me he knows we haven't got the tools to play how he wants to now - but we will have.

I'd rather he recognised that and found another answer until we do have the tools to play how he wants to.

Away from our obvious and well documented problems - Szobo has good quality from corners/frees and Macca is really handy at picking up ball in good areas and carrying it into dangerous ones to feed attack - that for me is why he should not be a makeshift No.6 - we lose that if he is.

• Upvote 1

Klopp:

The situation is clear, the diagonal protection is not there. We cannot avoid each pass in behind our line, we just have to make sure that we are then in better positions. Besides that, we scored two goals after set-pieces, which is important. We could have scored one from a high-press situation, which is good as well and besides that we played a lot of good stuff without finishing the situations off. With the physical state I am really happy, we looked really fresh, looked really good - now, in the next five or six days, we have to find a formation for the Chelsea game, not for the whole season, and then we go from there. All OK, nobody got injured, so that's the most important thing. We came through so far OK and that's good.

On Alexis Mac Allister playing as a No.6...

He's a top-class player; on the ball [and] without the ball. We had our moments where we were a bit too open, that's clear, but we are not used to it. That's why I said we had to work on it. We will do that. We have to try it and test a couple of different things. Yes, in a compact formation, Alexis can play there, definitely. If he's there alone, should he play there? No. But now he showed just how good a footballer he is and how good he understands the game because he played here now [for] the first time for us at least and he did really well.

10 hours ago, Daisy said:

Chelsea are going to fucking destroy us

Can you kindly explain your reasoning behind this?

I assume you are aware Chelsea’s squad has more holes than a sieve? 

This was their starting 11 in their last friendly…

IMG_9700.png

…Nkunku is now injured so your boy Mudryk might play. 

I 100% think we can beat that. 

10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Fuck this retarded fullback shit off, get a starting quality 6, and win the fucking lot.

I wouldn’t quite go to those lengths, I genuinely think it’s causing more issues than it’s solving.

We can all see the issues with the space he’s leaving. 

I do like Trent coming into the middle, he looks good on the ball, however, do we really need him to come into the middle, or at least so often? He has so much quality on the ball, he’s one of our most influential players even playing at right back. 

I think we’re causing issues for ourselves.

44 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I wouldn’t quite go to those lengths, I genuinely think it’s causing more issues than it’s solving.

We can all see the issues with the space he’s leaving. 

I do like Trent coming into the middle, he looks good on the ball, however, do we really need him to come into the middle, or at least so often? He has so much quality on the ball, he’s one of our most influential players even playing at right back. 

I think we’re causing issues for ourselves.

I agree with this.

Just before their goal last night, Trent committed a clumsy foul over in the left wing position. Why is he there at all ?