You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup Final: Internazionale vs Abu Dhabi Oilers (Atatūrk Stadium, Instanbul, June 10, 8pm)

7 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

They have influence but not control. Huge influence granted. I fully expect Middle East teams to lobby for access to the Champions League that must be on the cards. Then it is game over,

We've already reached this point, I’m afraid. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, col06 said:

They will destroy the game well here at least people will get fed up of it eventually wonder if maybe one day we might get another league you never know

It happened in Italy in the 80s and 90s Berlasconi bought Ac Milan and went nuts with the spending (I remember Lentini for something like £15m at the time ) English clubs were spending £3.3m on Shearer and Keane and smashing their own transfer records, Milan won everything it became boring eventually the league ended up on Channel4 interest dropped the money fel away and let's be honest the league has never really recovered corruption and financial troubles have affect most if not all the big clubs with the likes of Sampdoria and Ac struggling for years in Sampdorias case yo yoing between seria a and seria b. If the premier league and infact Uefa aren't careful their golden goose competitions will go the same way people will lose interest with certain clubs dominating via cheating sponsors will intern drop out money with dry up and well be back to watching sports night on a Wednesday night trying to see Saturdays highlights.

P.s fuck city and Pep cheating oil rich bastards ( in Peps case failed drug test cheating bastard)

• Upvote 1

It does feel as though this is the end of a chapter- City/Pep will not have the same hunger- clubs like City aren’t interested in tradition and building decades of success- it’s hoovering everything up and getting fat as fast as possible. It will only irk them that this particular trophy took this long .

Now they’ve done what they set out to do I get a feeling a combination of complacency and the authorities actually intervening will bring about change.

Read a quote from Guardiola about them, catching Madrid. If Madrid sleep, we’ll catch you. Or words to that effect. That’s a pretty sobering thought, this guy isn’t going anywhere. History will ultimately judge City and Guardiola as the frauds and immoral scum that they are. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

What are you boogying to on the 5 and dime, @Captain Turdseye ?

Or have you taken the toothless crone of a landlady out the back for a gloopy-floored knee-trembler?

The landlady was on holiday and the fella she’d entrusted the pub to insisted on 10:45 last orders and doors closed at 11:15. On a Saturday night as well. Twat. 

Ended up in the pub that turns into a “club” kind of thing until we went home. I have vague recollections of my mate repeatedly bringing shots over to the dance floor where I was entertaining the local grannies who’d dressed up for the occasion. 

29 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Read a quote from Guardiola about them, catching Madrid. If Madrid sleep, we’ll catch you. Or words to that effect. That’s a pretty sobering thought, this guy isn’t going anywhere. History will ultimately judge City and Guardiola as the frauds and immoral scum that they are. 

I fully expect them to have at least 7 or 8 by the mid 2030s; they should be derided as meaningless, but unfortunately the media are wholly complicit and will laud them from the rooftops, so they’ll be treated with reverence when the history books are written.

9 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I fully expect them to have at least 7 or 8 by the mid 2030s; they should be derided as meaningless, but unfortunately the media are wholly complicit and will laud them from the rooftops, so they’ll be treated with reverence when the history books are written.

You expect them to win 6 or 7 more European cups in the next 13 years or so? Basically win the same amount of trophies in ~13 years that took 70+ years for every club in the planet bar one....

49 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Real Madrid are on 14 aren't they?

City aren't catching that in the next 30 years.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Real Madrid are on 14 aren't they?

City aren't catching that in the next 30 years.

It’ll take more than Real Madrid to fall asleep, they’ll need to be put into a cryogenically frozen coma. 

17 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

You expect them to win 6 or 7 more European cups in the next 13 years or so? Basically win the same amount of trophies in ~13 years that took 70+ years for every club in the planet bar one....

I think it’s probable with the unchecked corruption that will accelerate rapidly now they have a foot in the door. 

One comment from last nights totally biased commentary was " unbelievably this is the cheats first competitive meeting with Inter " Well of course it is you weapon Fletcher it's pretty hard to play one of Europes elite when you've been bumming around the lower leagues for years isn't it 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I think it’s probable with the unchecked corruption that will accelerate rapidly now they have a foot in the door. 

Agree. The last bastion has fallen and the other oil backed clubs will be busting a gut even more to win the CL now. The backhanders to UEFA will be huge to conveniently look the other way, while even more inventive accounting takes place.

The pressure of their first CL got to them last night. With that removed will they will pick up European Cups in the same sterile nature they win Premier Leagues. I believe they have been behind for 41 minutes since the PL issued the 115 charges in February. That's in all competitions.

34 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

One comment from last nights totally biased commentary was " unbelievably this is the cheats first competitive meeting with Inter " Well of course it is you weapon Fletcher it's pretty hard to play one of Europes elite when you've been bumming around the lower leagues for years isn't it 

This was a particular highlight. I said exactly the same. They’ve been in Europe a handful of times. They’ve barely played anyone more than once and some not at all. Beyond pathetic. 

• Upvote 1

Didn't watch it.  Knew the cheats would win but sounds like they made hard work of it - not that means anything now anyway.

Football's fucked and only going to get worse as more clubs become state owned.  Just needs PSG to get their act together and put that last nail in the coffin of the sport